Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Items relating to superchargers / turbos / nitrous

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #26
toilets

Drives: 2010 camaro
Also, how is the curve? does the power come on low or is this like a procharger where it comes on at a much higher RPM range?

I autox and roadcourse my car so my RPMs are very low a lot so I cant really afford to have the power rush on all at once midway thru a corner
toilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #27
chadscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS - T76 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2010ss View Post
Dynosteve

Do you run or recommend a catch can?
Yes we put one on my car he just did.
chadscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #28
chadscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toilets View Post
Also, how is the curve? does the power come on low or is this like a procharger where it comes on at a much higher RPM range?

I autox and roadcourse my car so my RPMs are very low a lot so I cant really afford to have the power rush on all at once midway thru a corner
I am only on 6lbs of boost and havent had my foot in it a ton yet but seems like power has a bit of lag as most turbos have but power comes on fairly quick and just pulls very hard through mid to upper rpms.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #29
TurboneticsSL

Drives: Turbocharged
Chad, I would love to see some pictures of your Camaro once everything is buttoned up from RDP. Enjoy the boost.
TurboneticsSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #30
chadscamaro

Car was picked up and drove home 600 miles last week. I dont have any other pics except whats in my avatar at the moment but there is a bunch of pics as the process was happening on RDP's facebook page along with a lot of other amazing builds.

I am already enjoying the boost !!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #31
jbailey

Drives: 2012 camaro
How much heat is there under the hood after a typical drive? I am interested in putting one of these kits on my car but am concerned about that.
jbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #32
chadscamaro

They heat wrapped everything near the turbo or pipes but I will say there is for sure some heat under the hood. After driving around cruising and a few full throttle runs within 20-30 minutes I stopped and you could feel the hood and front facia area was definatly warm to somewhat hot. I dont think its going to be an issue and never touched that area after driving before but I assume its hotter know.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #33
TurboneticsSL

Drives: Turbocharged
We've extensively tested the Camaro with Turbonetics turbo system on a race track with GM engineers. Of course, this is in addition to countless hours on the street (ahem, closed street) and on the dyno.

You will not have an issue on the street or on your favorite road course.... at least not anymore than a stock setup. As with any cars on a race track, make sure it's prepped properly and keep your eyes on the coolant and oil temperatures.
TurboneticsSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:53 AM   #34
jbailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadscamaro View Post
They heat wrapped everything near the turbo or pipes but I will say there is for sure some heat under the hood. After driving around cruising and a few full throttle runs within 20-30 minutes I stopped and you could feel the hood and front facia area was definatly warm to somewhat hot. I dont think its going to be an issue and never touched that area after driving before but I assume its hotter know.
Anything else you have experienced since the install that is worth mentioning?
Did you get a custom dyno tune with your install or just use the included programmer? What were the HP numbers?
Also, did you have any other upgrades done or just install the standard kit?
I want to put one of these systems on my car to run on Hot Rod Drag Week next year.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #35
chadscamaro

We still have a couple transmission issues to deal with on tuning as it was raining the days before I got the car. Mostly it lugs in upper gears when normal driving.
Power is great if your foot is in it and I can also manually shift it.
We used hp tuners software and on 6lbs of boost running 520rwhp.
RDP exhaust, snow meth kit,2800 edge convertor, catchcan, didnt use airbox installed a cone filter instead, extra heat wrap on everything near the turbo or pipes, 1400hp axles, hotchkis track pack suspension kit, boost and aeroforce gauges with twin pod and then I ran out of money !! LOL
I really think once the transmission is finalized the car will be an amazing street car with plenty of power that I can drive any where. Even at 6lbs of boost with traction control on, the car wants to go anywhere but straight.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #36
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Send a message via Yahoo to dynosteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by toilets View Post
Did someone say 6 months interest free?
yes sir we offer 6 months interest free on all kits and upgrades
Attached Images

www.rdpstore.com Ph: 440 358 5500 SLP / Kooks / SCT / Diablosport / Cold Air Inductions / Whipple / Vortech / TruTrac /Edelbrock / Fore Innovations / DSS / Hayes / Turbonetics / Vredestein / Borla / Maganflow / Corsa / Stainless Works / Hotchkis / EBC / Magnuson / Airaid / Whiteline /Fore Innovations / Snow /Trickflow / Moroso / Hp Tuners / Brembo and much much more
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #37
jbailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadscamaro View Post
We still have a couple transmission issues to deal with on tuning as it was raining the days before I got the car. Mostly it lugs in upper gears when normal driving.
Power is great if your foot is in it and I can also manually shift it.
We used hp tuners software and on 6lbs of boost running 520rwhp.
RDP exhaust, snow meth kit,2800 edge convertor, catchcan, didnt use airbox installed a cone filter instead, extra heat wrap on everything near the turbo or pipes, 1400hp axles, hotchkis track pack suspension kit, boost and aeroforce gauges with twin pod and then I ran out of money !! LOL
I really think once the transmission is finalized the car will be an amazing street car with plenty of power that I can drive any where. Even at 6lbs of boost with traction control on, the car wants to go anywhere but straight.
Thanks for the info.
Did you find that you needed the meth kit to run 6 lbs of boost?
What was the catch can used for? (I see you have the Tnetics washer/radiator overflow reservoirs in place).
For starters, I would prefer to just use the Diablo tuner they give you with the kit. anyone here use that with good results?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #38
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey View Post
Thanks for the info.
What was the catch can used for? (I see you have the Tnetics washer/radiator overflow reservoirs in place).
For starters, I would prefer to just use the Diablo tuner they give you with the kit. anyone here use that with good results?
dont need the water meth kit for 6lbs and we can certainly do the diablosport predator as well as we are a cmr tuner
www.rdpstore.com Ph: 440 358 5500 SLP / Kooks / SCT / Diablosport / Cold Air Inductions / Whipple / Vortech / TruTrac /Edelbrock / Fore Innovations / DSS / Hayes / Turbonetics / Vredestein / Borla / Maganflow / Corsa / Stainless Works / Hotchkis / EBC / Magnuson / Airaid / Whiteline /Fore Innovations / Snow /Trickflow / Moroso / Hp Tuners / Brembo and much much more
Old 10-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #39
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]

Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
There isn't anything wrong with the stock diablo tune. However, it is very conservative and rich, so a custom dyno tune would definitely maximize the power received from the kit.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #40
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
There isn't anything wrong with the stock diablo tune. However, it is very conservative and rich, so a custom dyno tune would definitely maximize the power received from the kit.
correct sir, its also aimed at the 50 state legal deal
Old 10-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #41
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]

Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
That's what I was thinking . I still need 50 state legal because I'm in Cali, but I had my car dyno tuned. Hopefully it will still pass. The tune is still a little conservative but much less so than the stock diablo tune. If we use an aftermarket cone filter with the kit instead of the stock air filter, is that not carb legal? I'm assuming I'll just have to swap the stock one on when I get a smog check?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #42
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
dont need the water meth kit for 6lbs and we can certainly do the diablosport predator as well as we are a cmr tuner
how's the iat's on this kit?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #43
chadscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey View Post
Thanks for the info.
Steve pretty well answered it but the meth was my suggestion as since the car was there which is 600 miles from me i wanted to do things that i may want to do down the road all at once. I am hoping to bump to 8lbs once the trans. is corrected and the meth seems to be a common good thing to do with forced induction.

Steve recommended hp tuners as their prefered choice at being able to custom tune it to their and my liking which made since so we went that route.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #44
chadscamaro

Just an extra plug for Steve and crew I decided to put the car up in the air to just look at all the work that was done and erything looked great. The way things are routed and heat wrapped and we did so many things even a few cosmetic changes.
You really cant even tell the car was in 100 pieces just some new shiny parts tucked up in all areas. I even flew up to drive the car home 600 miles which Steve suggested and he personally picked me up at the airport and wanted to make sure I test drove the car and went over things with me. I have a feeling I will be dealing with them on most purchases and help in the future. Its should be about building a relationship with the builder and customer, not just about the $$ and they seem to want to see their customers happy which is a good thing. My only common complaint is I wish they were closer !! LOL
Old 10-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #45
bob2010ss

Drives: Turbocharged 2010 SIM 2SS LS3
Welcome to the brotherhood!
bob2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #46
Cycule

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Send a message via AIM to Cycule Send a message via Yahoo to Cycule Send a message via Skype™ to Cycule
I am extremely interested. What kind of financing do you offer. Whatever it is I will take it
Old 10-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #47
chadscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
yes sir we offer 6 months interest free on all kits and upgrades

This was the offer I went with.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #48
Cycule

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Send a message via AIM to Cycule Send a message via Yahoo to Cycule Send a message via Skype™ to Cycule
Well I like this kit alot. Maybe if they can do something for me, I would buy it.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #49
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycule View Post
Well I like this kit alot. Maybe if they can do something for me, I would buy it.
we certainly can sir either give myself a call or scott my sales manager and we will do all we can for you sir
Old 11-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #50
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

specials still going for anyone interested makes a awesome christmas present and with 6 months interest also helps in the $ department too