Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
usranger80

Drives: 2011 1LT "Bumblebee"
Shallow Sub stealth box

So i have a 10" Pioneer Premier sub and amp just laying around that I took out of my old car about 6 months ago, I was wondering if there are any "stealthbox" boxes out there for shallow mount subs, wouldnt mind putting this in my car to add a little to the factory sound, especially since its just a fancy paper weight right now. Also, I have looked and looked but is there a good DIY out there for adding a sub and amp to the existing system without cutting or splicing? Thanks in advance!
usranger80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
US-
Use one of Subthumps enclosures, the shallow mount sub will fit just fine. I see you have a 1LT, not sure if the adapter he has will work but you can check. I have the BA system so I never really paid attention to anything else that didnt (I am assuming you dont have the BA system).

Also for a DIY it is really pretty simple, your best bet is do just do a search, I think you can actually look through my posts as I think I have posted this up before, am just too lazy to type it out again.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
usranger80

Drives: 2011 1LT "Bumblebee"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
US-
Use one of Subthumps enclosures, the shallow mount sub will fit just fine. I see you have a 1LT, not sure if the adapter he has will work but you can check. I have the BA system so I never really paid attention to anything else that didnt (I am assuming you dont have the BA system).

Also for a DIY it is really pretty simple, your best bet is do just do a search, I think you can actually look through my posts as I think I have posted this up before, am just too lazy to type it out again.

Cheers
K
No I have the BA sound system, it came as an option with the car.
usranger80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Ah nice then.
You should be good to go, hit up Steve over at Subthump and your install should be cake. He has an adapter you can use to alleviate an splicing. He also has nice enclosures you can use as well.

Like I said do a search and search on my user name you should be able to pick up all the DIY info you need. I had zero experience before I did my last camaro and from this forum I could get pretty snazzy.

Cheers
k
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote