Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
Chris041

Drives: Black 2LT/RS
Body shop fixed one problem and created another!

So about a week ago my car was backed into by my girlfriend's grandmother's friend (complicated i know ). Anyway, big dent in the front facia and front driver side fender. Her insurance company has me take it to a body shop and get everything fixed. No cost to me of course. I pick it up yesterday and see that all the damage is fixed and it looks like new. Then I see it. The body shop went into my trunk and got out my front tag bracket and tag and fixed them to the front bumper ! Now I have a beautiful front bumper with this big honking license plate mucking it all up. I didn't have it to begin with so why did they put it on now, and with out asking me. I would just take it off but then there would be big holes in the bumper where they affixed the bracket. What can I do besides get a whole new front facia? I can't stand seeing that tag there (and yes I know it is illegal not to have a front tag in MD, but i don't care). Any suggestions ?
Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT W/CGM Rally Stripes
Remind them that they were to restore your car to the condition it had been in Prior to it being hit and that You did not have the bracket on then. So they have now destroyed a perfeckly NEW Bumper and they have to replace it at Their Cost, because I am sure that there are now FOUR (4) big holes in the bumper.

Walt B.

Mods Done
CGM Gills, "RS" in both headrests, GMPP Exhaust w/Tips, RJT XM Antenna, RS Foglight/DRL Plug/Play Harness, Leather E-Brake Boot & Auto Boot, HUD Installed, Full ABL doors & Dash, RJT Heritage Grill, T-Rex Lower Grill, Roto-Fab CAI (RJT), W/W Reservoir, V-6 Radiator Cover (RJT), ADM Race Air Scoop, GM Cupholder & Footwell LEDs, Retrofit GM MyLink (w/Nav), Frameless Rearview Mirror, Backup Camera, T-5 Splitter, and Conv Spoiler.
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
Chris041

Drives: Black 2LT/RS
Thanks dude. I'm gonna give them a call ASAP. I just can't live with that thing staring me in the face all the time, lol.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
Swytch

Drives: 10 2SS/RS Black, 99 Daktota
Just a thought, but did you tell them that the plate didn't belong on the car? With it being law out there and all they might have thought the plate fell off when the car was damaged and you had just stashed it in the trunk.

If you told them before hand, then its their bad, if not, its kinda a gray area...
Kooks Signature Series Headers 1-3/4 stepped to 1 7/8, Kooks 3" High Flow Cats, Vararam OTR Cold Air Intake, JRE Performance Tune, RX Catch Can, RX Oil Breather, LSR Tri-Ax short throw shifter, AAC Red/White Halos and Fog Rings, AAC Knight Rider Scanner Bar

Swytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
i would tell the bodyshop, Dude i would be mad too!
rareslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
n116ebo
n116

Drives: 2010 2SS YELLOW TRANSFORMER AUTO
Guys, I know I am going to get blasted, but it is just a license plate. Good Grief!!
n116ebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
Bo Tie 1

Drives: 11 Camaro SS,05 Vette Z51,76 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by n116ebo View Post
Guys, I know I am going to get blasted, but it is just a license plate. Good Grief!!

:fi ghting0056:
Bo Tie 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT W/CGM Rally Stripes
It is not just a license plate, IT IS FOUR HOLES DRILLED INTO MY FRONT BUMPER to hold on the license plate braket. When I got my car I told the dealership that they were not to install the plate braket, if they did they would have to replace the bumper with a new one or the deal was off because of them damaging the car I ordered. Needless to say the license plate braket was handed to me directly and I put in the back seat of my 87 Camaro.

Walt B.

Mods Done
CGM Gills, "RS" in both headrests, GMPP Exhaust w/Tips, RJT XM Antenna, RS Foglight/DRL Plug/Play Harness, Leather E-Brake Boot & Auto Boot, HUD Installed, Full ABL doors & Dash, RJT Heritage Grill, T-Rex Lower Grill, Roto-Fab CAI (RJT), W/W Reservoir, V-6 Radiator Cover (RJT), ADM Race Air Scoop, GM Cupholder & Footwell LEDs, Retrofit GM MyLink (w/Nav), Frameless Rearview Mirror, Backup Camera, T-5 Splitter, and Conv Spoiler.
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #9
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Thats terrible.. Take the car back to them and have it removed and repaired.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
flyinlow89
Smoke Alotapotomous

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I don't blame them for putting it on. If it's sitting in your trunk, they probably assumed it was there to be installed, especially since you legally require it. Keep in mind the guy who's removes the old bumped is different from the guy who paints it, who is different from the guy who "details" it. If I was at the shop i wouldnt be in a hurry to pay for a new bumper for it. I think maybe you should've been more careful
flyinlow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:16 AM   #11
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Why were they in your trunk? Make them replace the bumper. "Fixing" the holes should not be an option. Someone screwed up, drilled holes when they shouldn't have, and now should replace the fascia. There are many ways to attach a front plate without drilling holes in the bumper.
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #12
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by n116ebo View Post
I wouldn't have bought my car if the front plate bracket had been installed.
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #13
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
I wouldn't have bought my car if the front plate bracket had been installed.
+1 I would have gone somewhere else.. I feel bad for the people that are required to have them in the front and back. It destroys the whole look of the front IMO.

Tags
bumper, facia, holder, license plate, tag