Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

USA - Rockies / Midwest CO, IA, KS, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, WY

Old 03-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #1351
MDHinDenver
2 Camaro RS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Please put my name down for this Saturday although I will not be attending if the weather is bad.
MDHinDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #1352
michael M

Drives: 84 vette,68 442,65stang
tires

I have a question. I took the IOM for a ride on Sat. and my low tire pressure warning light came on. I looked and it said tire pressure 29 lbs. I received a e-mail from Onstar stating these Perrilli tires need 36 lbs. Is this correct?
michael M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #1353
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Happens with climate changes, check into nitrogen instead of air.
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.710rwhp/774lbtq..Pfadt trailing arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.BMR loop,chassis brace.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.Stillen drill/slot rotors.Hawk pads.G-stop brake lines.Focal/JL Audio.custom bowties.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.TSW Vairano,Nitto 315/275's.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #1354
michael M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLEB View Post
Just got done installing Kooks LT headers W High flow Cats,Magnaflow muffler W X pipe ,Muffler Delete,Much quieter now with the magnaflow muffler,Awesome sound I'm very Now.
Can I ask where and how much? How long did it take to install. Looks awesome!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #1355
michael M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyP25 View Post
Happens with climate changes, check into nitrogen instead of air.
Is the 36 lbs correct?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #1356
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Saturdays forcast......>>>>>>>> SNOW in the AM high of 34.
Hope we have a backup date planned!
Where did you get that forecast? check out the National weather service.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-105.251&e=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael M View Post
Is the 36 lbs correct?
Yes, 36 psi COLD is correct. Set them before you even drive a mile. Just one mile on them will raise the pressure by 1 psi or so. But don't go by the DIC, it is usually off by a few psi. My DIC readout is off by 4 psi. Get a good calibrated tire pressure guage and set them to 36, then see what the DIC reads. Then you will know where it is.

For every 10 degrees the outside temp changes, you will gain or lose 1 psi.
I use Nitrofill. Cost was 49.95 and they give you free roadside assistance and road hazard for a year. They will redo the fill whenever you need it.

http://www.nitrofill.com/nitrogen-fi...ires-faqs.aspx
Old 03-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #1357
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Sounds right but the air pressure will fluxuate a lot with the difference in temp. Go drive it on a warm day and check the tire pressure, it will be fine!
Like Teddy P said, you can fill your tires with Nitrogen instead of air. It is not affected by the change in temps as much!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #1358
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 9news doesn't know what they are talking about.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #1359
Blue70SS

Drives: 2010 LS3Camaro2SSRS IOM in/out
Quote:
Originally Posted by ud_lose View Post
Yes we do have a just incase of bad weather day, which is April 3rd. I will keep checking the weather reports as we get a little closer to the event. I will let you all know here and on Facebook, by Friday around noon, if the event will be postponed to the 3rd of April.
I could live with that date..... car won't be back in time for this Saturday. However I'll be back & attend if weather cooperates with us - landing at 7:30AM Saturday from Lingenfelter trip.

Post #2773 has full Maggie picks as of Monday morning - Dyno day this Friday!!!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post1596775
Attached Images

boosted LPE Twin Pump,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #1360
Ruffian118

Drives: 2010 2LT SW silver stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
Don't want to damper your excitement but if it's arriving the 17th @ 11:48 am your mostlikely not going to get it until the following week. Mine arrived on a Monday @ 6am and even with me pushing the trucking company it came 2 days later. Maybe if you have the carriers # you could push them.
:( hey, after 6 weeks of waiting, let me live in my delusional world I would just be happy to SEE it at this point. BTW, Where do you get the carrier's number?
Club Elite Member #117 / Favorite 5th Gen Camaro selected by Scott Settlemire - C5FestII
Ordered: 1/25/10; Built 3/4-8/10 VIN #201262; in my driveway 3/20/10

Ruffian118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #1361
mtcwby

Originally Posted by ud_lose
Where: 4820 Sterling Drive Boulder CO
When: Saturday, March 20 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm

I looked at an extended forecast for the 20th, and so far it looks good. 50 degrees and sunny is what it says for now. I'm keeping my fingers cross. See you all there, bright and early.

Lets get a list started for the Adam's Detailing clinic. I see that the following will be there.
mtcwby
Inferno2SS
RockyMtnCamaro
AntzV
2010SSRS
Angelics
gitRdone
FwyFlyer
Blue70SS
Dire Wolf
michael M
Icefsh
greyghost
Mr. January
BumbleB
2SSOnly
Ruffian118
TeddyP25
pumpkinrancho
MDHinDenver
Old 03-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #1362
mtcwby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Sounds right but the air pressure will fluxuate a lot with the difference in temp. Go drive it on a warm day and check the tire pressure, it will be fine!
Like Teddy P said, you can fill your tires with Nitrogen instead of air. It is not affected by the change in temps as much!
Nitrogen psi will still go up and down with temperature changes. Believe me, I've had Nitrogen in my tires since August, and I still have to add and remove psi as the temps go up and down. Also, you can't start out with low tire pressure and count on the warming tires to get the pressure up to 36 psi. ALL recommended tire pressures are COLD tire pressure. They are supposed to be at 36 psi BEFORE you drive the car. Then if they get up to 40 psi while driving, that is normal and DO NOT let pressure out to get it back to 36 psi. Just park the car overnight and it will go back to 36 as the tire cools back to its COLD temperature.

Here's a real good article in Corvette Magazine: http://www.nitrofill.com/documents/C...-Inflation.pdf

Here's a page from Nitrofill's website, concerning N vs. Air.

My Tires are Low! Now What?
Low tire pressure is generally due to one of the following three conditions:

1. A leak. Most tire leaks are the result of a hole or puncture, faulty valve, or a porous or corroded wheel.

2. Permeation. Permeation is the normal process by which the air in a tire bleeds through the tire’s body or carcass. It is typical for an "air" filled tire to lose 1-2 psi of pressure every month through normal permeation whereas it can take several months for a NitroFilled tire to lose a single pound of pressure.

3. Temperature Change. All gases expand and contract with temperature. If you live in an area that experiences dramatic temperature changes, you will have to adjust your tire pressure accordingly. Typically you will only have to adjust your tire pressure "up", adding pressure as ambient temperatures decrease. Count on losing about 2% of your total tire pressure for every 10 degrees in temperature reduction.
Participating NitroFill™ dealers will always check and correct your tire pressure with NitroFill™ for free during your membership period, and we recommend you have this done every 30 days if possible, or as often as your schedule permits. If you have NitroFill™ in your tires and do not have a leak, you should experience little or no pressure loss from permeation, but may still see pressure loss from seasonal temperature changes. While it is best to visit your NitroFill™ dealer for a free top off, it is fine to correct your tire pressure with regular compressed air for these normal and minor events without diminishing the benefits of NitroFill nitrogen filled tires.

If you have a "flat" tire or a situation where most or all of the nitrogen in your tire has been lost, you can also fill it with regular air if necessary, but we encourage you to visit your NitroFill™ dealer as soon as possible to have the tire(s) purged and refilled with NitroFill™ so you can continue to enjoy the benefits this product provides.

If you are a member of the NitroFill™ Auto Club most flat tires caused from road hazards, including tires damaged beyond repair, are covered, as is roadside assistance if your flat or damaged tire has left you stranded.

Why Inflate with NitroFill™?
Compressed air is your tire’s worst enemy. Air is about 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and 1% other. Nitrogen is inert, non combustible and non corrosive. Oxygen, on the other hand, is immensely destructive to rubber and other tire materials. As soon as a tire is manufactured and exposed to air, the effects of “oxidation” begin to deteriorate the rubber. Over time it loses its elasticity and strength, just like an old rubber band you’ve probably found around your home. This same process occurs in tires inflated with air as the oxygen attacks the rubber molecules, working from the inside out, until the oxygen, and its destructive properties, permeates the tire structure and ultimately the tread.

Is All Nitrogen Gas Equal?
No, the purity of nitrogen available from nitrogen generators generally ranges from 95% (low purity) to 99.9% (high purity). NitroFill™ generators can produce nitrogen in excess of 99.9% purity and provide the procedures to guarantee a minimum of 95% purity in the serviced tire, which is the minimum allowable purity that must be maintained in the tire to enjoy the benefits that nitrogen provides. Few generator manufacturers currently discuss this mandatory 95% threshold, as few are able to consistently provide the required purity to achieve it. But, as the market matures, your customer WILL learn –so don’t take chances with their safety or your reputation- fill them with NitroFill™ !

Last edited by mtcwby; 03-16-2010 at 04:28 PM.
mtcwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #1363
michael M

Quote:

Yes, 36 psi COLD is correct. Set them before you even drive a mile. Just one mile on them will raise the pressure by 1 psi or so. But don't go by the DIC, it is usually off by a few psi. My DIC readout is off by 4 psi. Get a good calibrated tire pressure guage and set them to 36, then see what the DIC reads. Then you will know where it is.

For every 10 degrees the outside temp changes, you will gain or lose 1 psi.
I use Nitrofill. Cost was 49.95 and they give you free roadside assistance and road hazard for a year. They will redo the fill whenever you need it.

http://www.nitrofill.com/nitrogen-fi...ires-faqs.aspx
Thanks a Bunch! Weather permiting will be there Sat!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #1364
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
air press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael M View Post
Thanks a Bunch! Weather permiting will be there Sat!
Just use air. You did the right thing by being concerned hat it read 29psi. I fill mine to 36 +2 psi when cold and I've never had the warning light come on. I've checked when hot and it raises a few psi but nothing to concern me.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:33 AM   #1365
mtcwby

Ud_lose, doesn't look like the Adam's event is going to happen.
I just checked the forecast for Boulder and now they are only saying 14 degrees on Friday night, and a high on Saturday of just 28 degrees. Gonna be kind of hard to detail when the polish freezes on the car as soon as it is applied!!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #1366
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS RS M6 TVS2300
Quote:
Ud_lose, doesn't look like the Adam's event is going to happen.
I just checked the forecast for Boulder and now they are only saying 14 degrees on Friday night, and a high on Saturday of just 28 degrees. Gonna be kind of hard to detail when the polish freezes on the car as soon as it is applied!!
That sucks i was looking forward to it oh well looks like hopefully the 3rd will work out.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #1367
ud_lose

I'll call Adam today and let him know that the weather will not let us do it this week. I'll also check, but it should be for the same times (9am-12pm) on April 3rd.
Hey look at it this way, now we have 2 more weeks to save up for all that polish and wax we want to buy.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #1368
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
Darn. I was looking forward to attending my first "meet and greet" to show off the GreyGhost's new look.

Thread with photos here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71632
Attached Images

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman

Last edited by GreyGhost; 03-17-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: adding link
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #1369
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS RS M6 TVS2300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
Darn. I was looking forward to attending my first "meet and greet" to show off the GreyGhost's new look.
Looking
Old 03-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #1370
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
looks nice.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #1371
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
Thanks BumbleB and Tom692010.

Add a link to a thread with pictures to the post above.

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 AM   #1372
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5 & C6
Quote:

have to see your car in person...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #1373
ud_lose

Quote:

WOW! That looks great.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #1374
ud_lose

I just got off the phone with Adam, and the March 20th detailing clinic is officially postponed. Our new date is April 3rd, 9am-12pm, Rain or Shine. I hope this will work for everyone.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #1375
mtcwby

Quote:

Hey Brad, The two-tone paint turned out great. Can't wait to see it in person.

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro