Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Battery seems to be dead...causes?

So i haven't driven my car in a few days and this morning I went to crank it up and it had a little trouble. It cranked but it was struggling. I drove it to where i needed to go and then the next time i tried to start it it had a little trouble as well.

I then went on a drive to monitor the volts. When the rpms are up it gets to the appropriate 13.5ish volts but as soon as I idle i can see it rapidly decreasing to about 11ish. I figured at this rate it won't be long till I won't be able to crank it. Sure enough, 15 min later its sitting outside unable to crank.

I'm all for getting a new/better battery but I'm wary that something caused the battery to do this and that it might ruin my new battery as well.

Electrical things I've changed:

-Swapped out mostly all bulbs on the car to LEDs
-Aftermarket amp for stock speakers
-Aftermarket amp for additional 12" subwoofer
-Wired halos to sidemarkers to keep them on at all times
-Wired showstopper led side mirrors

Probably unrelated but also my powered drivers seat isn't working, it just doesn't move when I press the buttons. Been meaning to get it checked out.

I also have an underdrive pulley but seeing as when I'm moving it charges up the battery ok, I don't think this is the problem.

Did my battery just randomly go bad? I'm going to get a multimeter to see if anything is being drained while everything is off. Any input is appreciated
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Bump...
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Daddyo01545
New England C5 Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Same thing happened to me this morning. Drove it on a long drive on Saturday, but let it sit on Sunday. Got in this morning (Monday), dead as a doornail. Not sure what is up, I have no electrical mods. Not even enough juice to unlock the doors. I know there was nothing left on....I cant figure it out. I did not have time this morning to investigate further, but it is really strange.
Daddyo01545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Daddyo01545, have you had time to get your vehicle checked out by your dealership? They should be able to track down what it is that caused your battery issues. Let us know if you do decide to take your vehicle in.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote