Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
CROOPS34

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metalic 2SS/RS
CROOPS34's Laquisha

It was the concept car that got me excited a long time ago about this car, but it was two years ago in a local mall that I got to see a 2010 Camaro SS in person and sit in the driver's seat. I was with my girlfriend and I could tell that she was pretty excited by the car as well. I had my mind made up at that moment... I was determined to own a Camaro as soon as I was in a financial possition that I could manage one.

Fast forward one year, I buy a new home and have my condo up for sale. I manage to make a good chunk of change on the condo after only two years of living in it and decide I'm going to make the plunge.

Now comes the big decisions... Colour, model and options. I must admit, ever since "gone in 60 seconds" I have been in love with the colour combo of grey and black that "Elanore" the GT500 had. That was the easy part but the easiest decision was the call to get a 2SS. That power on the test drive was addictive.

JUNE 4TH 2010 WAS ONE OF THE HAPPIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!!!!
Attached Images

CROOPS34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
CROOPS34

First Mods

So my first step to making this beast MINE, was making her look like mine. I saw the heritage grille on this site when I first started looking at pictures of the CGM from Google images and I decided THAT was MY grille. I also got a chance to go through some of the gears with a Hurst ST shifter in the parking lot on another memeber's car on a cruise day and decided that was a easy change I would do at the same time.
Attached Images

Last edited by CROOPS34; 05-11-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
CROOPS34

This was all done last summer and sadly the summer dissapeared quickly. Before I knew it the snow was on it's way and so was the salt and bad drivers.
Mid October of 2010 Laquisha went away in the garage for a long nap and I'm pretty sure I shed a tear when I closed the garage for the first time.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
CROOPS34

Finaly spring was close enough that I could kick my girlfriend out of the garage and move my baby to the middle so I could get her up on jacks and get the wheels off for powder coating. I had trouble starting her up and not taking her for a long drive but the roads were still covered in salt and I knew it wasn't a smart idea since my insurance coverage was still only fire and theft.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
CROOPS34

Couldn't be happier with the results.....
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
CROOPS34

Next step: PERFORMANCE!!!!!

So I had talked to many Camaro owners, and listened to countless exaust systems. I even drove 45 minutes to SPi to listen to their shop car to see what it sounded like. That's the one... "That's the sound I was looking for." The guys at SPi were great and gave me some advice. I may have or may not have been a bit foolish to tackle the install myself.

I shopped around for prices and finally picked up my Dynatech long tube headers and high flo cats as well as the Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust. The headers were to say the least... a challenge. I am by no means a mechanic, but have been around construction equipment and trucks and cars my whole life so I am at least capable of completing basic tasks.

I'll never forget the feeling of re connecting the battery, sitting down in the driver's seat, crossing my fingers and turning the key. Hearing her come to life as if it was the first time she was actually able to use her full voice instead of the whisper she was confined to with her restrictive factory exhaust system, gave me goosebumps and a HUGE smile!

Unfortunately because of back order issues and shipping I was still waiting for my Cold Air Inductions system which just showed up last night in the mail but I won't be able to install it until this weekend because.... My girl is going in for some tint work today! Can't wait to see what she looks like when I get her back.

Last edited by CROOPS34; 05-11-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #7
CROOPS34

Almost there!!!

Getting close... Got the car back from her tint install. I think I made the right decision with a medium tint. Looks great from the outside and I can see out at night with absolutely no issues.

I got my black Cold Air Inductions Inc. intake in the mail last week and just had my first chance to install tonight. That was surprisingly easy and quick.

Now... Just a few more cosmetic changes and a tune by SPi and I'll be done with mods for a while.... I hope... :( Looking forward to showing her off a bit at the OCC Nationals in Oshawa three weeks from now.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
looking good
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
CROOPS34

Thanks... I'm having trouble NOT coming up with plans for the future for her. It's hard not to when you get to look at all kinds of incredible examples of how amazing these cars can be on this forum.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #10
CROOPS34

Some pics from the CAI Inc install
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
CROOPS34

The SPi Experience

Well I made my way out to Oakville to meet the guys from Shifted Perceptions to get a dyno and tune so I wouldn't have to look at the CEL anymore and to squeeze some more performance out of my mods. What can I say... These guys know their Camaros! Alain and Andrew were happy to asnwer all the questions I had and hopefully I didn't annoy them too much while the work was being done and I was hanging around the shop. These guys are busy.

Long story short, with my mods I had a baseline of 414RWHP at 63% humidity. After tune as you will see I ended up with 421RWHP and again, not in the most ideal conditions. Man was it hot yesterday.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf dyno.pdf (1.63 MB, 43 views)
Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #12
CROOPS34

So it's been a while but I am finally pretty much where I want to be with all of my modding.

I'll throw up some before and after shots to see what everyone thinks but I'm REALLY happy with the way she turned out.

Decals, badges, tail light bezels, gas cap etc, some before and some just after:
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #13
CROOPS34

I also added some tail light blackouts as well as some on the side markers. Just wanted to get the whole car a bit darker and meaner.
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #14
r1concepts

Drives: Camaro
She is looking really clean and mean!

*Current brake rotor and pad Deals: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...14#post1899014
r1concepts is offline   Reply With Quote