Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #26
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(
 
Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
Yes sir, remade the proper way in 8-bit. There is a Mega Man 7 8-bit remake out there too.

Yeah when they released mega an 9 & 10 it just felt right as an 8 bit game! Now all we need is a new X game in 16 bit!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #27
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Mega Man was awesome. I miss playing this one.
Blur you should take that link down please.

When I clicked on it my virus program stopped 3 trojans and a keylogger from being downloaded from this website.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #28
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Strange little fact occurred to me today. The first game with a robot master name longer than 7 letters was Mega Man 5 with Crystal and Gravity.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #29
Iwantone2
Pinche Team Leader
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,663
Dang Tom, you're starting all the good topics lately! Can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier.

I sure miss Mega Man days, and for some reason I would hear this song quite often back when I was a kid:

__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #30
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Dang Tom, you're starting all the good topics lately! Can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier.

I sure miss Mega Man days, and for some reason I would hear this song quite often back when I was a kid:

Yes the kiddos today don't have it hard core like we do these days. BTW try holding right on the second controller to take care of the pits. I used to hold the button down with a chair to make 3 so much easier.

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:06 AM   #31
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 17,909
rubber band on second controller made 3 lots of fun. =)
__________________
"J, you're my favorite Pokemod" ~Revo1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #32
Iwantone2
Pinche Team Leader
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,663
LOL!!!

The best story I have of emulating MM3 was when I was still in college waiting for my Stats class to start. I was on my last life taking on Dr. Wily and one of my classmates walks by, waves her hands in front of my face blocking my view and says hi. I looked up to see who it was, and heard the death sound followed by the dreaded game over song. I felt my heart sink, so I put my face in my hand and noticed everyone around giving me a sympathetic look.

Good times, good times
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #33
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
LOL!!!

The best story I have of emulating MM3 was when I was still in college waiting for my Stats class to start. I was on my last life taking on Dr. Wily and one of my classmates walks by, waves her hands in front of my face blocking my view and says hi. I looked up to see who it was, and heard the death sound followed by the dreaded game over song. I felt my heart sink, so I put my face in my hand and noticed everyone around giving me a sympathetic look.

Good times, good times

I was playing 3 on a plane heading out to Houston about a 4 weeks ago on NEStopia. A guy in his 40s was sitting next to start looking over when he noticed the game and asked me how I was getting Mega Man 3 on my computer. These old games have a way of making you feel young and old at the same time it would seem.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #34
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post

I looked up to see who it was, and heard the death sound followed by the dreaded game over song.
Now the Game Over theme has lyrics:

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #35
Iwantone2
Pinche Team Leader
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,663
I always felt really bad for Mega Man when I heard that song

Now with lyrics, I feel even worse!
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #36
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
I always felt really bad for Mega Man when I heard that song

Now with lyrics, I feel even worse!
You wouldn't believe how many times you can think that song in your on a 4 hour drive to work.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #37
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Capcom needs to go back and make this the main theme of the series, its only in 2 and 4:



TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:00 AM   #38
CAPT D
 
CAPT D's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS Black w/ White Strips M6
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 731
I love the epic beginning to Mega Man 2
__________________
CAPT D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #39
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT D View Post
I love the epic beginning to Mega Man 2
One my fondest childhood memories was seeing that opening, it was so bad ass when I was 7 years old.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #40
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
I'm adding Solar Man's theme to the list at the beginning, been play 10 all morning:

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #41
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
I'm adding Solar Man's theme to the list at the beginning, been play 10 all morning:

Arranged

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #42
LoneCynic
 
LoneCynic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM LS M6
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States of America
Posts: 254
Just found this topic, and it brought a huge smile to my face. The original MegaMan series is my all time favorite video game series. If I look back at all the video games that I enjoyed over the years going back to my first game console (The Mattel Intellevision), and try to pick a favorite game or series, MegaMan clearly comes out on top. It is the single series that thrilled me with the original MegaMan when I was 8 years old. The exact same feeling was there at age 28 when MegaMan made a return from a decade long hiatus with MegaMan 9 just a couple of years ago.

I can't say that about any other game series or character. As I got older, my tastes changed, my preferred game genre's changed. Went from preferring platformers as a child to RPGs in my teens to FPS and fighting games in my 20's. The only constant has been the original MegaMan series, I played and replayed, and still play those games a couple of times a year. Timeless classics that can be played differently every play through. You can choose a different stage order, choose to use different weapons, or any other number of different things to make each session with each title unique.

The music from these games will forever be engrained in my memory, and will always rank among some of the best video games tunes ever composed. It's hard not to hum those themes for days after playing one of those games. Elecman, Flashman, Hardman, Snakeman, Waveman and a few others in particular always come to my mind at random times just for being so memorable and unique.

I have a few other Mega-moments to share, but I'll hold off for the moment an see what direction the topic takes.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #43
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
Just found this topic, and it brought a huge smile to my face. The original MegaMan series is my all time favorite video game series. If I look back at all the video games that I enjoyed over the years going back to my first game console (The Mattel Intellevision), and try to pick a favorite game or series, MegaMan clearly comes out on top. It is the single series that thrilled me with the original MegaMan when I was 8 years old. The exact same feeling was there at age 28 when MegaMan made a return from a decade long hiatus with MegaMan 9 just a couple of years ago.

I can't say that about any other game series or character. As I got older, my tastes changed, my preferred game genre's changed. Went from preferring platformers as a child to RPGs in my teens to FPS and fighting games in my 20's. The only constant has been the original MegaMan series, I played and replayed, and still play those games a couple of times a year. Timeless classics that can be played differently every play through. You can choose a different stage order, choose to use different weapons, or any other number of different things to make each session with each title unique.

The music from these games will forever be engrained in my memory, and will always rank among some of the best video games tunes ever composed. It's hard not to hum those themes for days after playing one of those games. Elecman, Flashman, Hardman, Snakeman, Waveman and a few others in particular always come to my mind at random times just for being so memorable and unique.

I have a few other Mega-moments to share, but I'll hold off for the moment an see what direction the topic takes.
Found this when 9 came out:

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #44
LoneCynic
 
LoneCynic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM LS M6
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States of America
Posts: 254
That was pretty good, made me laugh hard, especially when "Eye of the Tiger" started playing. Thanks for sharing.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #45
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172













Last edited by TOMS1SS; 09-27-2011 at 11:06 PM.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #46
Iwantone2
Pinche Team Leader
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
Found this when 9 came out:



Man, I busted up laughing when MM died doing the bench-press!

I love Mega Man, but I was really hooked to the X series. Loved X 5!!
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #47
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post


Man, I busted up laughing when MM died doing the bench-press!

I love Mega Man, but I was really hooked to the X series. Loved X 5!!
I never got into X like I did the classic series. Played the first 5 games and once it was confirmed where Zero came from that was enough for me. Honestly Zero is what makes the X series worth it ironically. My understanding was he was supposed to be Mega Man X originally but Capcom didn't think he looked enough like the classic Mega Man.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #48
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
What am I fighting FOOOOORRRRRRRrraaaHHHHHHHHAAAAAA...........

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #49
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Just figured out Punk was in MM10:

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:21 AM   #50
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(
 
Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
Found this when 9 came out:

I love that video! I,actually posted the link Earlier on this thread. I like the other one the guy made with cart man!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What song are you listening to right now Muscle Master Off-topic Discussions 5970 04-15-2014 06:58 PM
Skip's Mega Cruise Merrimac, MA 7/23/11 B1G-AL USA - New England 5 08-03-2011 09:30 AM
I'm not a Man (Airaid CAI Install) SSOOCH Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 36 02-17-2010 04:59 PM
Wanted: 2SS Blk/Blk 6spd Man fastfret7 Dealer Camaros for Sale 3 09-03-2009 09:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.