Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #169
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
[/B]

How do you know we're not burning rubber?
......burn it up baby.....!!! Old habits die hard....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Amen Gramps!! Many of us "oldsters" have a few tricks up our sleeve, we have enough years experience that you can never be sure what we may be up to.
Clyde
....agreed comrade, work smarter not harder....know how to lay and wait to capture ones pray...conserve energy and mass....
Old 03-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #170
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
have you looked at our competitor? too many trims? the mustang has more. to say that our camaro has too many compared to everything else is honestly laughable.
Both Camaro and Mustang each have eleven trims not including any Special or Limited Editions.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #171
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Both Camaro and Mustang each have eleven trims not including any Special or Limited Editions.
now look at the special/limited editions. which one has more. that would be the mustang.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #172
Deki

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
now look at the special/limited editions. which one has more. that would be the mustang.
Huh?

Mustang: V6: Base, Premium, Base Convertible, Premium Convertible; GT: Base, Premium, Base Convertible, Premium Convertible; Boss 302, Boss 302 LS, GT500, GT500 COnvertible. I count 12. 11 if you don't count the LS Boss as a separate model.

Camaro has the same thing, minus the Boss 302 compatible model, so they have 10.

Then you have the "Special/Limited Edition" Camaros:

45th Anniversary Edition
Transformers Edition
Synergy Edition
Honor and Valor Edition
Pace Car Edition
Neiman Marcus Edition

What special editions does the Mustang have?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #173
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Huh?

Mustang: V6: Base, Premium, Base Convertible, Premium Convertible; GT: Base, Premium, Base Convertible, Premium Convertible; Boss 302, Boss 302 LS, GT500, GT500 COnvertible. I count 12. 11 if you don't count the LS Boss as a separate model.

Camaro has the same thing, minus the Boss 302 compatible model, so they have 10.

Then you have the "Special/Limited Edition" Camaros:

45th Anniversary Edition
Transformers Edition
Synergy Edition
Honor and Valor Edition
Pace Car Edition
Neiman Marcus Edition

What special editions does the Mustang have?
45th Anniversary Edition
Bullitt
GT California Special
Iacocca Silver 45th Anniversary
Shelby GT-H
Shelby GT
Shelby GT500KR
Warriors in Pink

That doesn't take into account all the Roush cars and the rest of the Shelby cars.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #174
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
45th Anniversary Edition
Bullitt
GT California Special
Shelby GT-H
Shelby GT
Shelby GT500KR
Warriors in Pink

That doesn't take into account all the Roush cars and the rest of the Shelby cars.
thank you. . .

add in the Laguna seca edition boss
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #175
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
45th Anniversary Edition
Bullitt
GT California Special
Shelby GT-H
Shelby GT
Shelby GT500KR
Warriors in Pink

The Shelby GT, GT-H, and GT500KR are not Ford Mustang special editions, they're just cars modified by Shelby. In fact, none of the Shelby cars (including the GT500) are special editions. Same with Roush, Saleen, SMS, and anyone else that does Mustangs. Similarly, the cars done by Lingenfelter, SLP, SMS (yes, they do both Camaro's and Mustangs), Hennessey, and so on are not 'special editions' either.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #176
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
...but NOT a Z/28...yet...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #177
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
The older you get you learn waiting is best....? LOL...... Older people tend to cut to the chase because time is so important! "Git R Dun".... However, that said, in my sincerest tone.... I'm in the camp the Z28 will be Gen 6 and done RIGHT. I just don't see how they can "do it right" with the time/platform we have. The 14s are coming out in about 15 months. and the 15's in about 27 months. This car took a year to design, year to test and roll out, and it's not been determined to be the KING yet! By us it is, but til it really hits the street and gets its wings/street cred/strip fred. I can see a whole YEAR of ZL1 getting all the limelight! Now, they might launch the 15's early and call it a 14 1/2 with the Z. And it will be killer. OK Ive talked my self to sleep. zZZZZZZZZZZZ
Maybe then I'm not old yet.

They could already have been testing a Z28/1LE without anyone's external knowledge? Remember the every 6 months comment?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #178
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Remember how long ago that-there car in my avatar was tourin' the 'Ring?! You know...Ram Air car...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #179
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Seems like the ZL1 already does the job of a Z28, its faster around a track than the Boss. What would the Z28 compete with? The ZL1 is track ready. Seems like they combined the ZL1 and Z28s of the past into the 2012 ZL1. I dont see a Z28 coming out until the 6th gen.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #180
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Ummmm...Ram Air...ahhhhummm...ohhhh...you mean...the Z**?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #181
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

The supercharged ZL1 adequately covers the supercharged GT 500...and everything else in this Class.

An unboosted ZEE would adequately cover all the other unboosted cars...BOSS, too. At a more affordable price...

There's a va$t gap 'tween 2SSs and ZL1s...best part of $20Gs...that should be adequately filled...

Besides, we need sumthin' for the SS folks to aspire to...within the GM fold, at a payment they can swing.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #182
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Seems like the ZL1 already does the job of a Z28, its faster around a track than the Boss. What would the Z28 compete with? The ZL1 is track ready. Seems like they combined the ZL1 and Z28s of the past into the 2012 ZL1. I dont see a Z28 coming out until the 6th gen.
Let me see if I can touch on a few points of what we Z/28 holdouts really want. We want a NA (naturally aspirated) engine, not an engine which may be prone to heat soak. We want a vehicle that accurately represents the original heritage of the Z/28. We want a vehicle that pricewise slots between the 2SS and the ZL1, with 15k-20k dollars, there is a huge price gap between the SS and ZL1. We don't want the Z/28 combined with, mixed with, confused with, similar to or any other combination or similarity, in short we want a Z/28. We want an affordable high performance Camaro that performs better than the base V8 SS with far less cost than the ZL1. Is that so hard to understand??
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote