Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
jjy59
 
jjy59's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Trans Am WS6 (407 RWHP)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8
Exclamation Some accessories can be listed on your window sticker.

All:

For those of us who look to the future "collectability" of the 2010+ Camaros, you should know (if you don't already) that a limited number of accessories (LPOs), when purchased at the time of the order, will be listed on the window sticker. This list is growing but for now includes:

* 21-inch wheels (RPO codes VZN and VZP)
* Ground Effects (RPO code VPD)
* High Wing Spoiler (RPO code 5V5)
* Engine Cover (RPO Code VYX)
* All stripe packages
* Car Cover (RPO codes VRB and VRU)
* Hurst Short-Throw Shifter (RPO code VYV)

Note these items are also available "over the counter" from your dealer after ordering but if you'd like them listed as part of the Window Label (as GM calls it) get them when you order your car. This is very easy for your salesman/dealer to do using his Workbench Configurator.

Currently, this list does NOT include the other accessories we've heard about, such as exhausts, headers, intakes and interior trim kits but who knows, they might be available for sticker listing later . . .

Personally, I think it's cool to have uncommon options listed on the window sticker but to each his own.
jjy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Isshinryu
 
Isshinryu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS yellow/black
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 68
Anyone know why the Husrt short throw shifter is not on any windowstickers? I ordered it andI'm sure others did but for some reason the option has a stop order at the plsnt.
Isshinryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,623
use Search....it's all there.
__________________
CAMARO.. 2010 The Heart Beat is back in CHEVROLET
Now let's put it back in America
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
Welcome, jjy59!

Thanks for the post. That should be common knowledge to most regulars here at Camaro5, but since new folks show up everyday, it still could be new and useful info. to some. Keep participating!
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #5
jjy59
 
jjy59's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Trans Am WS6 (407 RWHP)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8
Thanks and oops . . .

Thanks for the kind welcome, Rodrunner! I'm not a newbie to the car enthusiast world but I certainly underestimated the knowledge base on this forum, as evidenced by my somewhat naive post. Live and learn, right? Anyway, I'm glad to be here, although I can see Camaro5 could end up "costing" me close to $40k in the next couple of years if I continue to maintain my enthusiasm over the new Camaro!
jjy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #6
bolteon593

 
Drives: 2011 GT500
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: southern california
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy59 View Post
All:

For those of us who look to the future "collectability" of the 2010+ Camaros, you should know (if you don't already) that a limited number of accessories (LPOs), when purchased at the time of the order, will be listed on the window sticker. This list is growing but for now includes:

* 21-inch wheels (RPO codes VZN and VZP)
* Ground Effects (RPO code VPD)
* High Wing Spoiler (RPO code 5V5)
* Engine Cover (RPO Code VYX)
* All stripe packages
* Car Cover (RPO codes VRB and VRU)
* Hurst Short-Throw Shifter (RPO code VYV)

Note these items are also available "over the counter" from your dealer after ordering but if you'd like them listed as part of the Window Label (as GM calls it) get them when you order your car. This is very easy for your salesman/dealer to do using his Workbench Configurator.

Currently, this list does NOT include the other accessories we've heard about, such as exhausts, headers, intakes and interior trim kits but who knows, they might be available for sticker listing later . . .

Personally, I think it's cool to have uncommon options listed on the window sticker but to each his own.
what your saying makes little to no sense, your quoting rpo's as lpo's? very different things my friend. try not to mislead people.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isshinryu View Post
Anyone know why the Husrt short throw shifter is not on any windowstickers? I ordered it andI'm sure others did but for some reason the option has a stop order at the plsnt.
Just in case you didn't get the answer to this, there were some issues with the Hurst shifter and it was put on "hold" for now. It was originally a dealer installed option, but GM is trying to move it to a factory installed option. So for the time being, the Hurst won't appear on window stickers. There are a few threads that talk about this in further detail.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
bolteon593

 
Drives: 2011 GT500
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: southern california
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Just in case you didn't get the answer to this, there were some issues with the Hurst shifter and it was put on "hold" for now. It was originally a dealer installed option, but GM is trying to move it to a factory installed option. So for the time being, the Hurst won't appear on window stickers. There are a few threads that talk about this in further detail.
wrong...


the demand for the shifter was so great, that it was figured that it should be a option installed by the plant; as to give them time ie money to make it happen but in order to do this there are certifications in order to make this happen. thus the delay.

feel free to search up on the forums for the post that confirms this as it was from gm people from what i remember.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:56 AM   #9
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
wrong...


the demand for the shifter was so great, that it was figured that it should be a option installed by the plant; as to give them time ie money to make it happen but in order to do this there are certifications in order to make this happen. thus the delay.

feel free to search up on the forums for the post that confirms this as it was from gm people from what i remember.
I think more details will be out on this shortly. Until then, the reasons don't matter much. It is on hold for now until we hear more from GM.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #10
Isshinryu
 
Isshinryu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS yellow/black
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Just in case you didn't get the answer to this, there were some issues with the Hurst shifter and it was put on "hold" for now. It was originally a dealer installed option, but GM is trying to move it to a factory installed option. So for the time being, the Hurst won't appear on window stickers. There are a few threads that talk about this in further detail.
Thanks camaropete. I hadn't seen anything else on it. I was lucky enough to be able to track my camaro internally and saw the stop order. Thanks again.
Isshinryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 AM   #11
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
And the availability date for the Hurst has been moved up to Q3.
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
jjy59
 
jjy59's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Trans Am WS6 (407 RWHP)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8
Bolteon593, I don't intentionally try to mislead anybody and you need to pull in the reigns before accusing someone of doing so. So here's the deal, quoted directly from GM's own Initial Ordering Workbook, " . . . select accessories are offered as dealer-ordered LPO accessory options". It continues, "Some of the available dealer-ordered LPOs are listed below with their respective RPO codes". Any questions?
jjy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #13
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
jjy59, your OP is entirely correct. In an attempt to further confuse buyers, GM, at various places, calls the codes for the items you listed - RPO, or "Free Flow RPO Codes". They are all LPO dealer installed options and those codes are all actually LPO. I think most of us picked up on that, but I can certainly understand why bolteon593 called you on it. You were talking about LPO options, but appeared to list RPO codes!?! And then there's guide number, allocation, concensus......
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you want the Z28? ChrisB Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 1616 09-05-2010 12:49 AM
If You Find A Window Sticker Going To Billy Lawrence PM Me!! Scott@Bjorn3D 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 0 03-19-2009 07:31 AM
Camaro performance parts & exterior/interior accessories details from Indy! 13F20 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 210 11-21-2008 04:50 PM
Camaro Accessories from SEMA FenwickHockey65 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1 11-03-2008 03:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.