Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #151
Kangmaro
Kevin

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT - RS
Hey Silver, I have heard/felt this same thing since I bought my auto v6 RS back in June. Thought it was just my car till I read your post.

I notice that around 35-55 mph (mostly 45 mph) and w very light gas, usually just enough to maintain the speed, it does that grinding/humming sound w a light vibration. This goes away if I decrease speed, or accelerate.

I'm going to keep reading the replies to see if this is nothing to worry about, or a defect in the auto v6 transmission... but just thought I'd let you know I'm having the same issue.

Kevin
Kangmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #152
Kangmaro
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondance View Post
I purchased a 2011 Camaro in June 2011 and within the first 200 miles experienced the same problem. My vibration was so bad it would shake the rearview mirror. After taking it in twice the last time they kept the car and replaced it with a like car. The second car which is identical to the first one...DOING THE SAME THING....took it in this week and they state it is a problem but don't know how to fix it yet. GO FIGURE. They stated it had something to do with the time of the run when the car was made. Not all of them do it. I have a V6 Auto with heads up display.

Woah... seriously Moon? They replaced your whole car for this issue? I have a 2011 v6 w RS trim including HUD.

Mine has done that humming/vibrating/grinding @ 45 mph thing you all are speaking of as well since I bought her new back in June... & I currently have 8k miles on her. So is this a serious issue or something?

Kevin
Old 11-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #153
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Kevin, there is a document in my resources that may pertain to this issue. The only one who can make that distinction would be your dealer. I would suggest getting it checked out and make sure that they check through their resources to look for this document. If you have any troubles let me know.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #154
Kangmaro
Kevin

Thanks Mr. Morris.

Yeah, I have eperienced this from the day I brought my beauty home. I didn't even know that it was an issue or anything until I found the postings here.

To me it's only an area of concern because I don't know what's causing it, and if this will lead to a serious problem down the road if left unchecked? Now reading these posts leaves me with even more questions than answers lol.

I mean the vibrating/humming is noticable, but nowhere near a huge deal imo (that is if it's not a symptom of a serious issue that needs to be repaired). I'm not losing any fillings or anything lol. I feel it in the pedals, my seat, steering wheel, and I notice the rear view mirror slightly vibrating as soon as gear changes & the rpm's drop to that 1200 range everyone's talking about. I just thought it was something quirky that my car was doing... but I see now that there are others having the same symptoms.

My dealer is over an hour away in Georgetown TX so I don't look to be taking time off from work to make that trip anytime soon... & I don't care for the dealer in Killeen TX, so... I will take it to the dealer near where I work here in Gatesville TX sometime in this next week or so, (almost time for my 2nd oil change anyway).

Thanks again... Kevin
Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #155
Dennyd

Drives: 2010 Fusion Orange
Based on Jeff's response to Kevin that the fix has been identified?
Dennyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #156
ZX14

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennyd View Post
Based on Jeff's response to Kevin that the fix has been identified?
What is the fix, Jeff?

Last edited by ZX14; 12-25-2011 at 02:40 AM.
ZX14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #157
Nate76

Drives: 2013 silver 2SS RS
Please Jeff, give us something that our dealer can look with regards to the issue and a possible fix. I think that mine just thinks I'm imagining it.
Nate76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #158
ZX14

Where are you Jeff? What is the fix?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #159
julio820

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Jeff??
julio820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #160
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Bueller? Bueller?

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #161
Chevrolet Customer Svc

I never said there was a fix to the issue but there is a document out that seems to point to this. I can't go into detail about it and in order to know if the document would apply to your vehicle you will have to have your vehicle diagnosed by your dealer. They would be the ones to make the call on this. I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #162
ZX14

I took mine to the shop 3 times for this problem and they said it was normal. It is not normal in any vehicle I've ever driven. It does it the worse at the very speed I travel around town the most. Very, Very annoying for a $30K car. Do you have a copy of this document your talking about that you could post, Jeff?

Last edited by ZX14; 01-03-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #163
Dennyd

Tes Jeff it would be nice to see if this doc. is relative to our problem. It really sucks to have to put up with this problem in such an historic vehicle.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #164
ZX14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Kevin, there is a document in my resources that may pertain to this issue. The only one who can make that distinction would be your dealer. I would suggest getting it checked out and make sure that they check through their resources to look for this document. If you have any troubles let me know.

Jeff, the document from your resources, can you post it? Is it classified?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #165
Chevrolet Customer Svc

The documents that I reference are only for our dealership service department personnel. I cannot post any of our documents. I'm sorry I can't be of any additional help at this time.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #166
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Can you explain what was found to be the cause?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #167
Dennyd

Jeff,
As the ears for Chevy division you must relay to them our (THE CUSTOMER) dissatisfaction with the response to this problem. I still remeber the day I took delivery of my 2010 Camaro, being the owner of a 98 Corvette and a 67 Camaro, I was excited beyond belief. Two years latter and the dissatisfaction continues to the point that the enjoyment of driving this car has been sucked right out of me. When the enjoyment is gone the loyalty soon follows. It so so silly to loose Customer loyalty over a simple 1200 rpm resonance condition. If a fix does exist and it is kept secret from the Customer how does that help us.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #168
Chevrolet Customer Svc

I'm sorry that this system isn't fully transparent but the reason these "fixes" are kept secret is because the only people that should be using them are our dealership personnel. I'm sorry but I cannot share any details of these documents to you. I'm not qualified to tell you whether or not the documents are reference will be able to be applied to your vehicle or not. That is the job of the dealer. Again I'm very sorry for the way I have to handle these things. I hope this helps to explain why.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #169
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
For those of you who get somewhere with your dealer on this problem, please post what the dealer did to 'fix' the issue and if it was successful since it appears GM isn't going to be forthcoming with the cause.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #170
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Anyone that works at a dealership want to "leak" these documents? Just upload to fileshare,rapidshare,etc. and post a link to what someone found. LOL I'm sure there are ways to "leak" these anonymously....

If its intended for dealers to use these docs to fix the issue,and the dealership has there heads up there..or can't find a problem. What good is hiding it? Most techs vary from dealer to dealer in skill,training,etc. So basicallly if your tech can't find this fix or you get the standard,"it sounds fine to me" response beacause they're lazy, we as consumers are supposed to live with that?

P.I.'s and service bulletins get leaked all the time. My dealer always asks,"where did you find that info?" "you're not supposed to have that". And to which I reply C5,and he just looks at me.
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:53 AM   #171
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
What is the mileage on average of the cars that are experiencing this problem or vibration. Is it only on a specific year, model? I have 750 miles on my 2011 2LT and have not experienced any of the problems described so far but I have a low mileage car.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #172
Dennyd

My 2010 didn't exhibit the problem untill about 3000 miles. Good luck to you for if it rears its ugly head on your car it will drive you crazy. The way ideal with it most of the time is to use the manual shift function for the trans. If you keep rpm's above 1500 you never know the problem is ther, but using manual shift mode all of the time is a nusiance. It seems to me that GM could make this all go away with a software change not allowing any gear shifts below 1500 rpm.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #173
ZX14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I'm sorry that this system isn't fully transparent but the reason these "fixes" are kept secret is because the only people that should be using them are our dealership personnel. I'm sorry but I cannot share any details of these documents to you. I'm not qualified to tell you whether or not the documents are reference will be able to be applied to your vehicle or not. That is the job of the dealer. Again I'm very sorry for the way I have to handle these things. I hope this helps to explain why.

For Gods sake, don't leak the fix out to the people who have paid 30k for these cars. So if anyone has had their car fixed using this documentation from their dealer please post. I say the reason for the secret is because it is bullshit and there is no fix.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #174
Claude

Drives: 2011 Camaro
2011 Camaro Vibration issue

Guys,

I have read several websites saying the fix is replacing the exhaust.

My question is I am thinking of adding flowmasters (muffler only..not full exhaust system). Do you think that I have a chance at that fixing the issue?
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #175
caligrown562

Drives: 2012 1SS
it has nothing to do with the exhaust. the vibration is caused by being in 6 th gear at low rpms. I changed my whole exhaust system and its still their.
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging