Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 01-12-2015, 05:40 PM   #1
nivensid

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6 speed
Replace pulled wire from headlight switch??

Here is a pic of the passenger headlight switch, the wire has come loose from the socket which powers my low beam light. Can someone tell me the name of the switch and if it comes apart to reinstall the wire? I have done similiar wiring on older '87vette with the proper crimping tool but this switch looks totally different and I cant see how it comes apart?
Offer at Gen5 has been and continues to be a great help guiding me to find the wiring problem with the headlight.
Attached Images

nivensid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #2
sjmautoprod

Drives: '10 1LT
That looks like the headlight connector, not the switch. You will need to cut that terminal off, save the seal if still good, and crimp a new one on. Non-RS?

sjmap.usinfo@sjmap.usGoogle+FacebookIRC Chat
Online ordering now available!
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #3
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
That connector should have a part number on it. Either GM, Delphi or whoever makes it. With that number, goto Mouser.com and do a search. Should be able to find not only the connector, but all the other parts for it. The terminals, seals, locks. And it's all very, very inexpensive. Its been my go to place for OEM connector parts for years.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
If you need a new connecter for that we will send you one out call and let use know.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #5
nivensid

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
If you need a new connecter for that we will send you one out call and let use know.
Thanks, as it turns out the previous owner has this harness wired into the factory headlight harness with a relay. After talking with gen5diy online and on the phone he noticed this and asked if I had HID headlights which I did not. This may be what all the additional wiring was for. I removed all of it and took it back to factory, now no issue. That damaged plug was not even needed after all.
nivensid is offline   Reply With Quote