Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #301
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIV4MUDDIN View Post
It did that with mine also. You just have to turn down the dimmer. When they are not so bright it shows the red. That's how I had to take all of mine
That simple I'll take a pic tonight then
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #302
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Pics are not coming out good at all I did the steering wheel buttons last night, just love how much of a difference the color makes hope I can do the speedo/tach on Friday
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #303
LIV4MUDDIN
 
LIV4MUDDIN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Olive Branch MS
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Pics are not coming out good at all I did the steering wheel buttons last night, just love how much of a difference the color makes hope I can do the speedo/tach on Friday
Make sure to turn your flash off and put camera in night mode where it will make the night lights smooth and realistic looking.
__________________
White Fury
LIV4MUDDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #304
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIV4MUDDIN View Post
Make sure to turn your flash off and put camera in night mode where it will make the night lights smooth and realistic looking.

I'm using my camera phone I don't have a regular camera, just ordered a few more LEDs so I can complete my speedo/tach can't wait to make this look like it should of come stock
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #305
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
well here is the best pics i've got so far, again to everyone who has helped, hope to get the speedo/tach done on friday

Name:  photo57.PNG
Views: 317
Size:  392.1 KB

Name:  photo58.PNG
Views: 306
Size:  399.5 KB

Name:  photo59.PNG
Views: 307
Size:  398.0 KB
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #306
LIV4MUDDIN
 
LIV4MUDDIN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Olive Branch MS
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
well here is the best pics i've got so far, again to everyone who has helped, hope to get the speedo/tach done on friday

Attachment 426092

Attachment 426093

Attachment 426094
Those look good. Just wait till your all done. Really makes a difference.
__________________
White Fury
LIV4MUDDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #307
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIV4MUDDIN View Post
Those look good. Just wait till your all done. Really makes a difference.
yea can't wait to do this Friday, started looking at the radio thread to see how the LEDs are laid out and don't know how I'm gunna do my color scheme now :(

Last edited by MikeMoach; 09-25-2012 at 08:56 PM.
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #308
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
When I use the plcc2 on its side for the screen which way do they face? Obviously towards the center of the screen but I mean the angled piece on the LED itself which way does tht go?
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #309
creektrack
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
When I use the plcc2 on its side for the screen which way do they face? Obviously towards the center of the screen but I mean the angled piece on the LED itself which way does tht go?
The side emitting leds will have a notch on them, just match the plcc2s with them...i believe they will be pointed towards the bottom of the cluster..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #310
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by creektrack View Post
The side emitting leds will have a notch on them, just match the plcc2s with them...i believe they will be pointed towards the bottom of the cluster..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks I couldn't tell if they had it in the pic
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #311
ALLTRBO
 
ALLTRBO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1SS M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 716
Just as a visual reference, I'm pretty sure I have some close-ups of those that I haven't posted, I'll have to remember to check when I get home tonight. But yes, the notches need to be pointing the same way.
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #312
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Just as a visual reference, I'm pretty sure I have some close-ups of those that I haven't posted, I'll have to remember to check when I get home tonight. But yes, the notches need to be pointing the same way.
Thank you I would appreciate it if you post that pic
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #313
creektrack
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 40
Here you go...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
 
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #314
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by creektrack View Post
Here you go...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the pic, but can you tell me which way is the top of the board and which wat the actual light is facing? Kinda confused myself looking at the pics here
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #315
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Trying to set this up so I can just do the soldering tomorrow but having trouble taking the speedo apart

I have it out the car and got the glass part off also the black piece on the reverse side, so what I have is the gauges on the front and I can see the back of the circuit board on the other side

My question is in angl's step by step she shows white clips to take off the fuel gauge trim but I don't see tht the only thing on the reverse side I see is the needle motors, so how do I take the trim off? Did I miss something or am I blind?
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #316
creektrack
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 40
In the pic the leds are facing you...as for the disassembly of the gauges, i havent actually taken any apart, ppl always sent just the board to me...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #317
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by creektrack View Post
In the pic the leds are facing you...as for the disassembly of the gauges, i havent actually taken any apart, ppl always sent just the board to me...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Ok thanks hope someone can help me out

Also sent you a pm Creektrack
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #318
Caddyroger

 
Caddyroger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Washington state
Posts: 1,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Ok thanks hope someone can help me out

Also sent you a pm Creektrack
I order to get the clips you will have to take the white part off. To get get that off you just put constance pressure where the needle are and the gas and water temp gauge came off. Just take it slow.
__________________
Caddy
Caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #319
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
I order to get the clips you will have to take the white part off. To get get that off you just put constance pressure where the needle are and the gas and water temp gauge came off. Just take it slow.
I think I'm understanding that but look at the 12th pic in the first post, I don't see that on mine that's what's confusing me :(
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:06 AM   #320
Caddyroger

 
Caddyroger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Washington state
Posts: 1,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
I think I'm understanding that but look at the 12th pic in the first post, I don't see that on mine that's what's confusing me :(
Yes I know about pic #12. I took mine apart so creektrack could change mine. You will not see that until you remove the circuit board for the white housing. I used Popsicle sticks.to keep the pieces from snapping back together. The gas and water gauge needles will come ok as long you are gentile taking the white cover off.
__________________
Caddy
Caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #321
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
Yes I know about pic #12. I took mine apart so creektrack could change mine. You will not see that until you remove the circuit board for the white housing. I used Popsicle sticks.to keep the pieces from snapping back together. The gas and water gauge needles will come ok as long you are gentile taking the white cover off.


I knew I wasn't understanding something, ok so gunna take off the speedo and tach needles then try to separate this board hope it goes well
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #322
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows
 
nUcLeArEnVoY's Avatar
 
Drives: people crazy.
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 3,291
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I might do this someday, but just with the gauge rings in orange so it can still look sort of factory (like the IOM interior package).
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #323
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
I think I messed up my tach needle :(

I used this bent fork technique that someone showed in another thread, when I pried up on the needle the face of the needle came up but the back piece was still on the gauge so I pried that off also

So my problem is I can't get it to snap back in, I see clips for it to be held in by but get get them to click in

Any suggestions?
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #324
anglwngss
Treasurer LoneStarCamaro
 
anglwngss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Venus, Tx
Posts: 1,632
Can you post any pics of it?
__________________

Questions about Lone Star Camaro? Email me: Treasurer@LoneStarCamaro.com
anglwngss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #325
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglwngss View Post
Can you post any pics of it?
Will take some pics when I get back home in a few hours
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Change the Gauge Cluster Color??? rharon Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 25 02-14-2012 04:28 PM
NON RS RED HALOS LEDS AND MORE DIY PROJECT !!! 1969to2010 Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 14 02-21-2011 01:56 PM
DIY: ABL Color Change Tecca Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 20 05-18-2010 06:50 PM
Dealer-Oil change or DIY? wlvrine Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing 32 06-23-2009 09:45 PM
Obama Climate Change Advisers Holdren and Lubchenco Are Told Global Warming Is Over bigralph Off-topic Discussions 15 02-06-2009 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.