Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
doblerdobler
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5
Bumblebee Camaro

Do anyone know the exact types of Camaros that were used in each of the Transformers movies for Bumblebee??
doblerdobler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
ibeck
OT's Most Wanted
 
ibeck's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT RS, 2011 Legacy 2.5i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Chester, OH
Posts: 12,519
I think the first two weren't actually Camaro's, I heard something about them being modified GTO's (feel free to correct anything I say btw, I just remember hearing this somewhere) and that for the third one they actually used a Camaro SS, but modified the outside a little. That's what I heard.
__________________
2011 SIM 2LT RS- Volant Powercore CAI, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, CNT Catback Exhaust, Passport Escort 9500i
2011 Legacy 2.5i- Floor mats. Oh and LED license plate bulbs.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ibeck1013
Twitter: https://twitter.com/turkishbaus
ibeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeck View Post
I think the first two weren't actually Camaro's, I heard something about them being modified GTO's (feel free to correct anything I say btw, I just remember hearing this somewhere) and that for the third one they actually used a Camaro SS, but modified the outside a little. That's what I heard.

Yepp, the first two were GTO's with a Camaro body kit.
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
doblerdobler
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5
What do you mean by a camaro body kit?
doblerdobler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown beast.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,916
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by doblerdobler View Post
What do you mean by a camaro body kit?
Fitted and fabbed Camaro body panels onto a GTO shasis.

Why do you want to know?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
LimaCharlie


 
LimaCharlie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,713
Yep, I'm certain the first 2 movies were just a fabricated Camaro body on a production GTO chassis. Not sure about the third movie....probably a production Camaro SS.
__________________
2011 Summit White Camaro 1SS/RS
-6.2 LS3, TR6060, 3.45, G80

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp
 
pyr0b0y's Avatar
 
Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 4,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Fitted and fabbed Camaro body panels onto a GTO shasis.

Why do you want to know?
Nice 1 randy!
__________________


Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #8
doblerdobler
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5
I would have liked to have tried to see if i could find one anywhere, i really like the one in the second movie, but if they don't actually make them anywhere it kind of defeats the purpose
doblerdobler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?
 
jcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro LS M6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by doblerdobler View Post
I would have liked to have tried to see if i could find one anywhere, i really like the one in the second movie, but if they don't actually make them anywhere it kind of defeats the purpose
You could build them yourself. The first movie's car is the V6 front fascia with the V8 mail slot (concept style). They have rear fascia with tailpipe covers that look similar to the concept, as well. The most expensive part would be getting it painted. The color is Sunrise Yellow, a multi stage color that costs upwards of $7,000-$10,000 to be done right. If you had the money though, you could make one look almostly exact like any of the Bumblebee movie cars.
__________________
jcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #10
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by doblerdobler View Post
I would have liked to have tried to see if i could find one anywhere, i really like the one in the second movie, but if they don't actually make them anywhere it kind of defeats the purpose

You could buy a Non RS LT and add a few modifications. It wouldn't be that hard.
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #11
doblerdobler
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
You could build them yourself. The first movie's car is the V6 front fascia with the V8 mail slot (concept style). They have rear fascia with tailpipe covers that look similar to the concept, as well. The most expensive part would be getting it painted. The color is Sunrise Yellow, a multi stage color that costs upwards of $7,000-$10,000 to be done right. If you had the money though, you could make one look almostly exact like any of the Bumblebee movie cars.
What year model are you talking about?
doblerdobler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
bumblebee, transformers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 49 09-09-2014 06:46 AM
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 07:10 PM
Automobile Reviews 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2SS Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 33 07-28-2011 08:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.