Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #101
Shu71

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 788
I was not going to post on this thread again because all we are hearing is a 16 (almost 17) year old kid asking what he should have his mom and dad buy him and no input from mom or dad or what they are thinking or even if this is legit. But in bumblebee's recent post I think he is saying this isn't going to be his car but rather his parents car that they allow him to drive from time to time. That is a little different than his first post. However he did show his maturity level in previous posts because he was worried about what his friends would say. That is not all that far from the pier pressure he will get with either Camaro to race. Everyone on here that has a Camaro has to know how many times someone has already pulled up to you and gave you the 'let's run 'em' look or just plain said it. If Bumblebee is so worried about what his friends will think, then I can guarantee you he will fall victim to a road race from time to time. I was 16 and had quick muscle cars from 16 through 22 and I can tell you I left a lot of tires on back country roads. I bought my cars (with the exception of my first one 1972 Pontiac LeMans) and built the engines myself so it wasn't like my parents encouraged the car that led me to those dumb foolish acts. So for those pointing out that an SS and even the LT may be a mistake to him are only reacting to the same inforamtion Bumblebee gave himself. I have a daughter who is 15 and will be 16 here shortly. Yes my wife and I bought her a car, a nice one at that which was more than my parents could afford to do for me. So yes I am trying to give her more than I had just like any parent did and just like my parents did for me versus what their parents did for them. It's a 2009 G5. It has very low miles, get's 30+ mpg, is safe, and should get her through high school and college. Is she spoiled? Yes. But I feel a little more at ease knowing she isn't driving around in a 400 plus hp modern musclecar with every knucklehead at a stop light egging her on.

Isn't having the bumblebee Camaro sort of like driving the Dukes of Hazzard 01 Dodge back in the late 70's? Or maybe a Smokey and the Bandit TA? Not my thing, but hey it's also not my dollars. Bumblebee, I wish you the best of luck in whatever your parents buy and hope it makes you smile and you respect their gift to the fullest and drive it like you have 10 times the common sense of a typical teenager. Be safe and let us know if or when you get it.
__________________
Shu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #102
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
If your that concerned bring the video to the attn of your local police.

I bet if you look around on facebook you'll see a lot more people young an old making fools of themselves.
You must have a really good police and your town then because all the police in my town just sit around eating donuts and drinking coffee not exactly a credit to the force.

Also what about that kid on the forums here who's brother was driving his Camaro like an asshat and flipped it. Great example there too much power for the age group.

I agree and see where you are coming from but at the same time I'm trying to look out for this kids safety.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #103
Bumblebee16
 
Bumblebee16's Avatar
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
While everybody is different on both their opinions and their driving skill I completely disagree with the fact that a 16 -year-old should be allowed to drive a 400 hp car. 400 hp when you're 16 is like giving a Ferrari to a 40 year old that has never drove a fast car it's absolutely stupid and because of that I will know that there is a Camaro driver in my hometown he drives a red SS with white stripes and the big problem that I see with that is he posted videos on Facebook of him drifting around massive traffic circle in Sherwood Park that's f*cking insane he shouldn't be allowed to drive and that is my justification for why 16-year-olds should not be able to drive fast cars.
I have a question for you...am I that guy drifting around the corner? Clearly not because I dont have a Camaro yet. Thank you.

Also I am a very responsible driver, you do not know me in person.

Shu17, the car is not going to be my parents car, it is going to be my car 100%. My own private plates and such, getting this car is literally a dream of mine and I will be keeping it for the rest of my life, similar to Gran Torino.

I agree with everyone saying 16 year olds have a low maturity level, but that doesn't go for everyone no matter how you "justify" your reasoning (Pretty sure that some random person drifting does not account for everyone).
__________________
[IMG][/IMG][IMG]
Bumblebee16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #104
TJ's MARO
 
TJ's MARO's Avatar
 
Drives: Fully Loaded Black on Black 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Driver's Seat
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottyyyyyyyyy View Post
I'm a 16 year old and just got my 1lt rs and it's perfect. People our age don't need a car with that much power. The v6 already has plenty!
+1 the 2LT has more than enough power for me being 18
__________________
most people worry about where you came from, the only thing that matters is when you're goin'TEAM LLT!

TJ's MARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #105
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay
 
esperman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Louisville, KY area
Posts: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
quick question, i am having a problem deciding which model to purchase, im 16 and my parents are buying me a camaro shortly after christmas and im having trouble deciding wether not to get a 2LT or a 1SS, the catch is that if i got the 2LT i would have the new transformers package on it and i personally think it looks amazing, but i dont want to have a v6! these are my only two options. help!

most people have to work hard to even get a new car period.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #106
Bumblebee16
 
Bumblebee16's Avatar
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 11
I understand people have to work for a new car and I understand that I am a very privileged teenager, I will take car of the car like its a newborn baby. (:
__________________
[IMG][/IMG][IMG]
Bumblebee16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #107
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
I have a question for you...am I that guy drifting around the corner? Clearly not because I dont have a Camaro yet. Thank you.

Also I am a very responsible driver, you do not know me in person.

Shu17, the car is not going to be my parents car, it is going to be my car 100%. My own private plates and such, getting this car is literally a dream of mine and I will be keeping it for the rest of my life, similar to Gran Torino.

I agree with everyone saying 16 year olds have a low maturity level, but that doesn't go for everyone no matter how you "justify" your reasoning (Pretty sure that some random person drifting does not account for everyone).
And that's why I said it's all based on the person. The only thing is the competition thing.

If you treat driving like a privilege then I have nothing against you getting this car and if you plan on keeping it then get the V8. It maybe more than the V6 price-wise but it is also a much better car at the same time. Also you won't get the stigma attached to owning the economy model of the car (but that is just personal opinion) and for that fact unlike a V6 Camaro you'll have a member of a dying breed (V8 engines being phased out due to CAFE) but that's all speculation.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #108
KSCamaro
 
Drives: Still Looking
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Abingdon, VA
Posts: 120
1SS, teflon coated.
Easier to remove when you wrap it around a tree.
If your sights are already set on a V8, then you intend to stomp on it more than once I'll wager.

No matter how responsible you think you are, you'll get the urge to play or the ego to impress a passenger.

If I recall correctly, not too long ago another member posted a story here.
He turned off stability/traction control, went to pass a car and ended up spinning out into the median. At 20mph.

Food for thought.
Chow down.
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #109
Bumblebee16
 
Bumblebee16's Avatar
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 11
What I said about the competition with my friends IS F was misunderstood. All my friends do is talk, they do not race around, in fact the car is his brother's. I've wanted the car since the 2005 concept came out just before Transformers, before I even knew my friend with the IS F. It's a dream. Not a competition. Driving is a privilege.
__________________
[IMG][/IMG][IMG]
Bumblebee16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #110
Shu71

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 788
Bumblebee16,
I really do hope you are as responsible as you say, for your and your parents and families sake. Have you driven a new Camaro yet? Maybe get your mom and dad to go with you to the dealership and all three of you test drive a 2LT and SS and then make an informed decision.
I dreamed about having another Camaro ever since I sold my 69 back in 93. I always thought it would be another 69 until I saw the concept car we now call Gen5 and watched the prices of the first gen cars go through the roof and out of my reach. I am 40 years old. My 69 Camaro was a street strip car that I drove daily and then raced on the weekends. It ran upper 11's to low 12's. I had several other muscle cars and so did my brothers. I have driven dirt track race cars. I too was mature for my age, started working when I was 12 at a family business and worked my way through cars, high school and then through college, paid student loans, etc. I can tell you though that power in a car is an adrenalin rush and even I got caught up in a few country road challenges or went through tires a little quicker than I should have. My point is that although some of the things I and some others said on here seem harsh, they come from experience. I wouldn't trade my youth for anything, but I can honestly say that even as mature as I thought I was at the time, I did some dumb@$$ stuff that could have gotten myself or others hurt (and yes I wrecked my first car which was a 1972 Pontiac LeMans which I built an engine for driving way too fast on a curvy road). The power is intoxicating is the point and regardless of how mature you may seem, I have a feeling you will let it interfere with your good judgement...we all did. I really hope you get your dream car, but please keep in mind the good side of what everyone on here is trying to tell you and try your best to resist the urges you will have to fry the tires, take those corners a little faster than you should or fall for some meat-head pressuring you to race. If you get ther urges, get the right safety gear and take it to the dragstrip or roadcourse or whatever and practice a skill in the car. I wish you the best.
__________________
Shu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #111
pensphan87
 
pensphan87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS Convertible Bliss
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Beaver County, Pa.
Posts: 451
Ok kid, I think the decision has been made for you!
Chevy anounced the launch of the 2012 Transformers
edition today. Check it out
pensphan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #112
ryan's camaro
Taeng
 
ryan's camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 246
I'm 17 and I opted for the 2LT over a 2SS because of the active fuel management and the use of premium fuel. I'm such a good boy.
ryan's camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro, model, transformers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bringing my own model!! Cmlloveless 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) 101 02-18-2011 03:48 PM
* > * > * > * BLACK FRIDAY SALE STARTS NOW! * < * < * < * CamaroScotty Dealer Camaros for Sale 8 11-26-2010 04:10 PM
New Shelby Mustang revealed as race-only 'R Model' Sizzox General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 4 01-30-2009 09:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.