Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
IAINIDIRIEIWI
Automobile Rookie

Drives: 2011 Victory Red LS Stock Camaro
Trading in 2011 LS for 2012 LS?

Anyone have any idea on how much it would cost? Its an automatic completely base v6 with around 5500 miles, and its in great condition with a very small scratch in the rear bumper, it's hardly noticeable even up close. I've added straight pipes, rally stripe package, quarter panel inserts, blacked out bowties, and tail light tints from bigwormgraphix. I want to get a 2012 LS Manual when it comes out, and I still have to pay off around 16000 for my current car, paying 275 monthly. If I trade it in at the dealers for around 21500, what am I looking to pay? Also, if I read correctly, when I trade in my car the dealership uses that money to pay off the rest of the car and then the leftovers will be used for down payment towards the new '12 camaro correct? I plan on using that money plus ~$5000 for an initial down payment.

Also, the new '12 LS Camaros have those new fog lights correct? And will the wheels still be heritage steelies or different? Any increase in HP at all?

Some of you may think it's silly, but I want to go and get the newer one I also want a change in color as well, and that brand new car feeling again.
IAINIDIRIEIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
LS does not come with fog lights
Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
njdad61

Drives: '12 45th Ann. 2SS Coupe, '79 Z28
Contact Becky @ Rodgers. I'm going from a 2011 2SS/RS to a 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary with no extra down and she's working real hard to keep my payments around the same. Depending on how long you've been paying on your 2011 and with your $5k down, you might be able to even lower your monthly payments. Plus it's so awesome to be able to custom order everything exactly the way you want it!
CFM Painted Heritage Grille, JRE Custom Tune, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Doug Thorley LT Headers w/ Catless Midpipes, Borla S-Type Catback, RotoFab CAI, ADM Race Scoop, ADM W/W Reservoir Relocation Kit, MGW Short Throw Shifter, BMR Split Drop Springs(1/4" front/1" rear), BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, 6000k HID Bulbs, AAC P13W Plasma LED DRLs, AAC ABL Interior Lighting Kit (Dome/Footwells/Trunk), RPI Designs Charcoal Sidemarker Covers
njdad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
njdad61

Also, I have no idea about anything cosmetic on the LS, but I definitely know the V6 got a decent HP increase.
CFM Painted Heritage Grille, JRE Custom Tune, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Doug Thorley LT Headers w/ Catless Midpipes, Borla S-Type Catback, RotoFab CAI, ADM Race Scoop, ADM W/W Reservoir Relocation Kit, MGW Short Throw Shifter, BMR Split Drop Springs(1/4" front/1" rear), BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, 6000k HID Bulbs, AAC P13W Plasma LED DRLs, AAC ABL Interior Lighting Kit (Dome/Footwells/Trunk), RPI Designs Charcoal Sidemarker Covers
Old 08-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm not a fan of people on here giving advice to trade up if you want new features, and I think that this is a great example of trading not being worthwhile. You're comparing two very basic cars with marginal if any improvements. If you bought the LS and couldn't live without leather, I could understand making the trade to a 2LT. If you absolutely had to have a sunroof and refused to install one aftermarket, I can even understand moving up to a 1LT.

All of that being said, I respectfully think the idea of moving from LS to a newer LS is a poor choice. If you do this, your dealer will take advantage of you. You will get a lowball trade value, and they will hit you as high as possible on the new car. Even after some negotiation, you can't make up for your car being older. This won't be an inexpensive decision.

At some point or another, you've got to be grateful for having what you have. The Camaro LS kicks ass. That being said, the new one is a phenomenal machine, packing a little bit more for a similar price. Every year, this is going to happen. If you have to get the newest, hottest thing, then you're going to find yourself spending a lot of money just trying to keep up. This money could be better spent making more of what you have. Do you want more power? Strap an exhaust to your car. Do you want fog lights? Go install some from one of our many lighting vendors. Most of what will motivate you to "upgrade" to a newer version of the same car will be much less expensive in the aftermarket with similar or even better quality.

Do whatever you want. This is just my opinion, and it isn't my place to tell you what is best for you. Enjoy your Camaro, whichever you choose.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
Chrizzle2LT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS SW
i agree completely with the blur. i wouldnt upgrade to the same model unless u were gettin it to add the 45th anniv package which you cant with the LS anyway.
Chrizzle2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
njdad61

I agree with the above posters, to a point. I am, of course, trading up after only having my 2011 for around 6 months, but for good reasons. First, I am in love with the 45th Anniversary Edition. My friends have all said, "So what are you going to do when the 2013s come out???" Then I show them a pic of the 45th, explain that an anniversary edition doesn't come out every year and that shuts them up. Second, I HATE the notchiness of the current Tremec TR6060 tranny. The 2012 models use carbon blockers (in place of discontinued bronze sintered blockers) in the lower gears. The other improvements (improved suspension, rear camera, etc...) are just icing on the cake.

Now as far as trading up LS to LS? I can't really comment. I've never driven a V6 Camaro so I don't know if the extra 10 or so HP will make a difference. In the end, the OP is a grown man/woman and capable of making his/her own financial decisions. I have too many soldiers applying for stupid 20+% apr car loans and buying way out of their means to worry about every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there.

If the OP is set on trading up, I think Becky would be his best chance at not losing his @ss on the deal.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
If you do decide to do such, go to car max and see what they will pay you for your car. Itis usually more than dealer trade. Also check blue book for value of year old C. Then go back demand that for trade. As a trade in saves tax $s. Then pay dealer invoice or invoice +300 for the new one. Look it up here as invoice was posted in several threads.

You are going to spend some money either way. First year depr is stiff on any car. But There is a shortage of cars now due to Japans problems and dumb ass cluncker program. So do not get hosed to bad. I would not trade up unless I was going to 2ss or 2lt, unless the dealer screws up and give you a good deal.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #9
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
He's making a major change really... Sure it's an LS to another LS but you all missed that he wants to go from auto to manual.

If that what he wants, and can live with the cost, whatever. It's his money.

We talked about trading our 2010 SIM 2SS/RS LS3 for a 2012 2SS/RS LS3 45ae. Is that a dumb move? It's the same car with minor changes...

Only reason we didnt is bc we didn't like CFM on the car when we saw it at Oshawa.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #10
Nessal

Drives: Lotus Exige
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdad61 View Post
I agree with the above posters, to a point. I am, of course, trading up after only having my 2011 for around 6 months, but for good reasons. First, I am in love with the 45th Anniversary Edition. My friends have all said, "So what are you going to do when the 2013s come out???" Then I show them a pic of the 45th, explain that an anniversary edition doesn't come out every year and that shuts them up. Second, I HATE the notchiness of the current Tremec TR6060 tranny. The 2012 models use carbon blockers (in place of discontinued bronze sintered blockers) in the lower gears. The other improvements (improved suspension, rear camera, etc...) are just icing on the cake.

Now as far as trading up LS to LS? I can't really comment. I've never driven a V6 Camaro so I don't know if the extra 10 or so HP will make a difference. In the end, the OP is a grown man/woman and capable of making his/her own financial decisions. I have too many soldiers applying for stupid 20+% apr car loans and buying way out of their means to worry about every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there.

If the OP is set on trading up, I think Becky would be his best chance at not losing his @ss on the deal.

Has it been confirmed that the 2012 use carbon blockers? I wonder if my dealer would replace them as preventative measures....doubt it.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
njdad61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
Has it been confirmed that the 2012 use carbon blockers? I wonder if my dealer would replace them as preventative measures....doubt it.
Yes. User ( Rick@RKT56 ) is a tranny tech for a GM Dealership and has ordered/confirmed the new part # for the Carbon Blockers. The part # for the Bronze Sintered Blockers is no longer used in the new transmissions.