Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Suspension, chassis, and brake components

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Talking NEW Pfadt Rear Tie Rods: $210 SHIPPED Trail Arms And Tie Rods: $395 SHIPPED at APEX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky View Post
Pfadt Arm Package: Trail and Toe

It just works!

Gotta give credit where it's due. Some of the best money I ever spent. Install was simple other than dealing with one factory bushing removal on lower knuckle. Results fantastic with virtually no effect to ride quality. Have yet to launch it hard, but have pushed the twisties a bit. Bites in and feels much better as long as I don't overrun traction conditions. Still running stock shoes. Definitely made it more fun to drive. I will admit its not all I have done. I do believe it was a very significant set of components in my attempt to create my ideal/affordable drivers car. Goal is great handling to take on any track desire I may have, with a respectable showing and yet daily drive if I wish. Keep it fun I say. I strive to maintain decent cabin comfort and noise levels, all my mods comply with no issues. Thanks again to Pfadt, Chase, and Apex for such wonderful offerings and service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
If it were me, I would take a moment to contact Chase. I'm sure that through his years of experience with the Camaro he's seen just about every combination of parts imaginable. He's one of our most reputable dealers and can get a setup that will perform flawlessly for your needs.

PFADT Toe Rods: $210 SHIPPED

The Pfadt 2010 Camaro Rear Tie Rods were developed using the latest analysis software which enabled them to increase strength 136% while simultaneously keeping mass at a drastic minimum (lighter than OEM w/ bushings). Keeping the mass low allows the suspension to react more quickly to the changing road surface keeping the tire in contact with the road to increase traction. Through further analysis and testing we were able to achieve a 99.8% reduction deflection which helps decrease wheel hop and increase traction even further.

Included with this kit is their leading edge Rear Tie Rod Bushing Kit. Utilizing lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum sleeves that are hard anodized to create incredible surface hardness and microscopic pores to hold their special grease. These sleeves are then Teflon coated to further reduce friction. This is then coupled with our graphite impregnated polyurethane bushing which uses deep grease grooves to hold and continuously re-lubricate the surfaces for long and quiet operation. The result is an ultra lightweight, ultra-low friction joint that is 42% lighter than the OE bushing and more durable then ever before. This kit includes the bushings for both the inner and outer suspension points.
The final arm is the result of four stages of precision manufacturing; CNC machining of the bushing housing, Laser cutting of the intricate panels, CNC bending and TIG welding to finish the assembly. All of this is accomplished right here in the USA.

Documents:

PFADT Rear ARM Package: $395 SHIPPED

This package includes both the Rear Trailing Arm and the Rear Tie Rod, plus ALL bushings.

The Pfadt 2010 Camaro Rear Trailing Arms were developed using the latest analysis software which enabled them to increase strength by 106% while simultaneously reducing mass by 17%. The decrease in trailing arm mass allows the suspension to react more quickly to the changing road surface keeping the tire in contact with the road to increase traction. Through further analysis and testing Pfadt was able to achieve a 32% reduction deflection which helps decrease wheel hop and increase traction.
Using the same tools and procedures for the Pfadt 2010 Camaro Rear Tie Rods they were able to increase strength 136% while simultaneously keeping mass at a drastic minimum (lighter than OEM w/ bushings). Same principles apply to the Tie Rod as the Trailing Arm: Keeping the mass low to allow the suspension to react more quickly to the changing road surface keeping the tire in contact with the road to increase traction. Through further analysis and testing they were able to achieve a 99.8% reduction deflection which helps decrease wheel hop and increase traction even further.

Included with this kit is their leading edge Trailing Arm Bushing Kit and Rear Tie Rod Bushing Kit. Utilizing lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum sleeves that are hard anodized to create incredible surface hardness and microscopic pores to hold their special grease. These sleeves are then Teflon coated to further reduce friction. This is then coupled with graphite impregnated polyurethane bushing which uses deep grease grooves to hold and continuously re-lubricate the surfaces for long and quiet operation. The result is an ultra lightweight, ultra-low friction joint that is 42% lighter than the OE bushing and more durable then ever before. This kit includes the bushing for both the trailing arm and also the upright for a complete performance trailing arm upgrade.

The final arms are the result of four stages of precision manufacturing; CNC machining of the bushing housing, Laser cutting of the intricate panels, CNC bending and TIG welding to finish the assembly. All of this is accomplished right here in the USA.

Documents:

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 01-19-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Apex Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Expand-A-Sign USA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Chase - is this an alternative to the Control Arm Stiffener or two different things? I had the Control Arm Stiffener done a while back.
Expand-A-Sign USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expand-A-Sign USA View Post
Chase - is this an alternative to the Control Arm Stiffener or two different things? I had the Control Arm Stiffener done a while back.
Yes, you are covered if you already have the stiffeners.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
mst504

Drives: 2010 Orange SS L99 HPE Supercharged
I placed a order with you for the Trailing Arms and Toe Rods earlier today, after installation will I need a alignment?

-Edit
Pfadt says yes.

Anyways, thanks for the quick shipping, I see it shipped out today (same day)....what customer doesn't love that!?!?

Last edited by mst504; 08-16-2011 at 09:33 PM.
mst504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mst504 View Post
I placed a order with you for the Trailing Arms and Toe Rods earlier today, after installation will I need a alignment?

-Edit
Pfadt says yes.

Anyways, thanks for the quick shipping, I see it shipped out today (same day)....what customer doesn't love that!?!?
Thank you for your order and I am glad to see you got your answer. We are a Pfadt distributor so we have these parts on the shelf and ready for same day shipping.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
Smoky

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99

It just works!

Gotta give credit where it's due. Some of the best money I ever spent. Install was simple other than dealing with one factory bushing removal on lower knuckle. Results fantastic with virtually no effect to ride quality. Have yet to launch it hard, but have pushed the twisties a bit. Bites in and feels much better as long as I don't overrun traction conditions. Still running stock shoes. Definitely made it more fun to drive. I will admit its not all I have done. I do believe it was a very significant set of components in my attempt to create my ideal/affordable drivers car. Goal is great handling to take on any track desire I may have, with a respectable showing and yet daily drive if I wish. Keep it fun I say. I strive to maintain decent cabin comfort and noise levels, all my mods comply with no issues. Thanks again to Pfadt, Chase, and Apex for such wonderful offerings and service.
Smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky View Post

It just works!

Thank you for your feed back and your business. We sincerely appreciate both.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:49 AM   #8
5thGenCamaroKid
No fat chix, car scrapes.

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500
Chase - how do these help with the overall ride quality on the street? I don't do AutoX nor do I take the car down the strip. I've already got the springs and sways, and I'm looking to suspension upgrades next.
5thGenCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenCamaroKid View Post
Chase - how do these help with the overall ride quality on the street? I don't do AutoX nor do I take the car down the strip. I've already got the springs and sways, and I'm looking to suspension upgrades next.
You will not notice much change in the ride. The trailing arms and tie rods work to decrease wheel hop and increase traction. They are both lighter and much stronger than the stock parts they replace, allowing them to resist deflection and respond more quickly which maintains you tires contact patch on the road surface.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #10
Hoverman

Drives: 2010 2ss
Do theTie rods work well with lowers cars?
Pfadt adj coilovers,Pfadt trailing arms,
Pfadt Dif Bushings, Pfadt rear tie rods
Hotchiss Cassis Brace, LPE 3.91 gears
MGW shifter,Billetprototypes Catch Can
LPE Pedals, LPE Sway bar links
LPE custom ralley stripes, Paint upgrade and 4 coats of clear
Lingengelter Embroidered Headrest
Foose wheels, LPE Brake calipers with slotted rotors
Hotchiss/LPE Strut Brace,
Hoverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverman View Post
Do theTie rods work well with lowers cars?
Yes they do.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
bmbbl be

Drives: camaro ss 2013-street glide
i already have pfadt trailing arms installed,,,would i still need alignment just installing pfadt tie rods.

Last edited by bmbbl be; 01-09-2012 at 02:01 PM.
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
i already have pfadt trailing arms installed,,,would i still need alignment just installing pfadt tie rods.
Anytime you replace something that effects toe you will want to get your alignment checked. Rear toe is set via the rear tie rods so this definitely applies. Toe out of spec can eat up tires quickly and cause some really wonky handling characteristics.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #14
bmbbl be

Drives: camaro ss 2013-street glide
order placed
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
order placed
Thank you for your order. They are on the way. Enjoy!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
Apex Motorsports

Old 02-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #17
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
What would you recommend getting along with the Rear Arm package?
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #18
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
What would you recommend getting along with the Rear Arm package?
If reducing wheel hop and improving traction are your goal I would look at addressing the rear cradle (also called sub frame) and differential bushings.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for your weekend and Monday orders Camaro5!

Old 07-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Chase sent you a PM but listed the wrong parts. This is what I want. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk