Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
THE CPA

Drives: 1993 Chevrolet K1500
Headroom for 6'8" - Sat in Camaro SS

6' 8" tall - Sat in an SS, 6spd, w/o sunroof at the Minneapolis Auto Show and had about a half inch of clearance while sitting straight up. Leg room was not an issue and right knee did not get in the way of shifting (telescoping steering wheel provides a good range of adjustment). Thought some of the taller folks would find this helpful.

With the seat all the way back, there is absolutely no rear seat to speak of: I know us long-time fans will appreciate this since it is how it the was and still should be.

Also sat in a CTS-V. No issues. Drooled over, but did not sit in, a ZR1.

Took some pics. Will post if reqested.
THE CPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Good to know that most of the NBA will be able to add these to their collections without issue.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CPA View Post
6' 8" tall - Sat in an SS, 6spd, w/o sunroof at the Minneapolis Auto Show and had about a half inch of clearance while sitting straight up. Leg room was not an issue and right knee did not get in the way of shifting (telescoping steering wheel provides a good range of adjustment). Thought some of the taller folks would find this helpful.

With the seat all the way back, there is absolutely no rear seat to speak of: I know us long-time fans will appreciate this since it is how it the was and still should be.

The poor ZR1! I saw people leaning on it, buttons on jackets hitting it, etc, etc, etc...I wanted to take it home and raise it as my own....
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Good to know that most of the NBA will be able to add these to their collections without issue.
yeah damn 6' 8" that is tall.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
You can thank the Aussie team. They refused to chop any more.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
Koru

Drives: 201? Camaro
6'8"?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Half an inch? Hope you don't hit a bump

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Please help me fight back by supporting me in the 2010 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Every little bit helps. Click here for more information. Thank you to those that have donated!
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #8
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:

Preesh, thanks for the info.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #9
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Haha wow that is good to know, thank god for you tall Camaro fans! I'm 6'2" and was worried about being able to comb my hair up (adds like 1.5") since in a few cars it has rubbed on the ceiling, which really pisses me off lol! Don't have to worry about that now hehe.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #10
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
uh yea post some pics!!! Never get enough pics of the camaros!!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:15 PM   #11
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Good to hear, CPA. I'm 6' 4" so good to know, for sure. I'm just getting anxious now to see one at Minneapolis Car Dealer soon to get in and test drive!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #12
mitchell87

Drives: 2010 Silverado 6.2L
I'm 6'8" as well and am very glad to hear this, thanks for the info
mitchell87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #13
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell87 View Post
I'm 6'8" as well and am very glad to hear this, thanks for the info
What in the world water are you guys drinking to get that tall???
Old 03-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #14
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm 6'7" and had plent of room as well.
260 pounder.
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #15
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:

LOL, at least you have the option. Much better than a car you cannot fit in at all. Because it instantly is no longer an option. My friend is 6'5" and he has gone to two auto shows with me. Most of the day he will have trouble getting into cars, but when ever he sat in the camaro he realizes that is is one of the more spacious interiors at the whole show. Yeah, it does turn into a three seater one shelf camaro, but he can still drive it. Thats saying something. The only other cars he fits well in was high end jags, mercedes, and bmw's oh and of course all trucks. Waaaaay out of his price range though and mine.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #16
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm 6'5" and had PLENTY of room in the convertible concept.

All jokes aside, when I sat in the vert concept, the to pof the windshield was higher than my head so with the top up it would have given me a decent amount of clearance.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:03 AM   #17
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I'm 6'5" and had PLENTY of room in the convertible concept.

All jokes aside, when I sat in the vert concept, the to pof the windshield was higher than my head so with the top up it would have given me a decent amount of clearance.
I'm glad to hear this...it was something I had wondered about. Now, if only they go ahead and make the convertible?
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:08 AM   #18
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Half an inch? Hope you don't hit a bump
It's funny you say this, but fifteen yeas ago or so, as I went over some railroad tracks my head did hit the roof. I thought I broke my damn neck!!! Since then, no matter what car I'm in, whether driving or not, I always instinctively duck a little whenever it looks like I may be going over some sort of bump.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:12 AM   #19
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
omg +1 for making me piss
Old 03-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #20
Splitter
UM 170

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS NPP
Send a message via AIM to Splitter Send a message via MSN to Splitter Send a message via Yahoo to Splitter
heh thanks, was pretty worried, i'm 6'5"
Splitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #21
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Good Lord!! There a bunch of giants on this site! LOL! I'm just about ready to start a poll thread to find out how many members are over 6 feet, and even request some kind of "growing giant" smilie be made for all the tall guy discussions...

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #22
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Well then me at a mere 6'3" don't have to worry at all
Old 03-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #23
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
Im 6'4, tho im still worried about headroom with the sunroof....yea..i want a sunroof...
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #24
SoFlaZ

Drives: Nothing special :-(
I feel so short... I'm only 6ft. tall:(
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #25
Whitten

Drives: -
A guy got into the LS at the Atlanta Autoshow. I was sitting in the passenger seat and he in the driver. Upon getting in he lamented that it was way to small for him and that the seat was as far back as it could go(it clearly was not), and that he was incredibly unfonfortable. As he got out I noted that he had the seat fully upright and as he was getting out he said this and I kid you not.

"Well I guess I will just have to stick to my Miata because it is way bigger and more comfortable than that piece." I had to laugh at the obvious hog wash that had just come out as he said it as if he wanted the crowd to hear it and run away. I got out and had to say something, so I did in a nice way. Over the roof of the car I looked at him and said "give it a chance, if you let the seat all the way back and tried sitting a little less that 90 degrees vertical in the seat you might realize that the car is quite comfortable."

He then looked at me and said " I am a tall guy, much taller than you and I can't fit in tiny little cars like that."

Call out time. My response:" then why did you say that you need to stick with a Miata...and by the by I am taller than you at 5'-10" to your 5'-8".

His response...Fanboyism..." I like Japanese cars because they are better built by people who actually know how to build a car unlike American's."

My rebutle: "You mean like FORD?" ....wait for it He lashed back and said "Mazda isn't built buy Ford they are their own car company."

He said this infront of a crowd of people...of which several girlfriends of the guys standing around the Camaro started to laugh hysterically and loudly telling him that Mazda was owned by Ford and built here in the states for the most part.

He bashfully slunk away as everyone laughed at him.
Whitten is offline   Reply With Quote