Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
RsBlackM6

Drives: 2011 RS V6 M6 Black/Grey
RsBlackM6 Member Journal. Full Face Black Phantom Grille, Mrt 1.0 Etc.

Only had this great car for a couple weeks but have already:
-Mrt 1.0 Exhaust
-TRex Phantom Black full face grille
-Debadged entire vehicle
-Tinted windows
*In process of pairing tail light bezels black, Eibach Springs and sways on order. I love this car! I miss my 67 RS that was stolen, but I'm trying to make this one similar =)
I plan in Thorley Headers and CAI intake next. Nice to join the forum! Traded my built STI in for the Camaro, great to be back in the Chevy Family!

RsBlackM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Congrats!! Awesome ride you've got, without a doubt!! Love the grille; makes the car look really sleek!

Welcome to Camaro5! Totally cool place to hang out, and lots of great folks!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
Camaro2SSRS
"CHAOS"

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Reminds me of the old RS/SS with the hideaway headlights.
Camaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Camaro2SSRS
"CHAOS"

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
I just noticed something, why debadge the entire car (which I think looks really cool) and then add a "Camaro" front license plate?

I think the front end would be (more) amazing with the custom grill & debadged without the plate. Just my two cents.

Great looking car!
Camaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
RsBlackM6

Drives: 2011 RS V6 M6 Black/Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2SSRS View Post
I just noticed something, why debadge the entire car (which I think looks really cool) and then add a "Camaro" front license plate?

I think the front end would be (more) amazing with the custom grill & debadged without the plate. Just my two cents.

Great looking car!
I agree 100% I do plan on removing the plate at some point. My local dealer couldnt find any black RS 6 speeds in Michigan they were all auto. They had to do a dealer trade with a dealership in Ohio, and they come with front plates there which sucks =(
Would rather spend the $ on headers and intake next, gonna cost a good amount to get those front holes and bumper painted I'm sure. First things first! =)
I went for the V6 because after talking to alot of people at Sema last year that the v6 is a much better handling car than the SS. I like to do autocross and road course racing so handling is always my priority. (The STI I traded in was setup like it was on rails). I Most certainly will be going with the STS rear mount Turbo in the spring =)
Thanks for the welcome, great to see everyone shares the same passion for these great cars =)
RsBlackM6 is offline   Reply With Quote