Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Camaro Motorsports Discussions Motorsports involving Camaros - Grand-Am, Redline Time Attack, Drift Events, etc.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Functional Aero Parts

He all, at speed, getting progressively worse at 130+ at 160+ it's dangerous. Is anyone making functional underboby aero parts or other parts? I'd like to do the texas mile and maybe some more desert/salt flat runs but am hitting a wall aero dynamically.

2.9 Polished Whipple, Kooks LT 1 7/8 headers, HiFlow Cats, Kooks Sleeper catback, Cooling Mist Methanol Injection, PFADT Sport Sways, PFADT Springs, PFADT rear trailing arms, ADM intake, JDP stainless brake lines, Jegs Catch can, Stock SS wheels widened to 10 3/4, Hawks HPS Pads, Pedders Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, BMR Center Brace, MSD BAP, AAC side markers, Emblem Pro's Custom Lighted Door Sills, Dash-Floor-Cupholder ABL lighting and other stuff....
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Hey big,

My builder and I were talking about the sane thing the other day... I have been over 170 and it felt really stable, but, I have the dovetail spoiler, drop springs and big sways in addition to some other suspension parts...

We are looking into building plates to go under the car that can be easily removed, as well as I am getting a different hood just for high speed runs... 200+ runs....Ill cut vents in the hood so we can get air out from under the hood without forcing it under the car...

The last thing we are going to do is drop the front some more and tie the front lower splitter up to the intermediate part, so it doesn't shark jaw...

When I get some of it built and installed, I'll send you some pics...
Old 08-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey big,

My builder and I were talking about the sane thing the other day... I have been over 170 and it felt really stable, but, I have the dovetail spoiler, drop springs and big sways in addition to some other suspension parts...

We are looking into building plates to go under the car that can be easily removed, as well as I am getting a different hood just for high speed runs... 200+ runs....Ill cut vents in the hood so we can get air out from under the hood without forcing it under the car...

The last thing we are going to do is drop the front some more and tie the front lower splitter up to the intermediate part, so it doesn't shark jaw...

When I get some of it built and installed, I'll send you some pics...

Maybe coilovers for you guys to give that extra height adjustments for hi speed runs is part of the answer? The lower the better...

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
is anyone running any functional rear wings besides the dovetail and similiar ones?

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Mojave

Drives: FOR SALE: 2014 SS 1LE
I am waiting to put on my new APR splitter which is supposed to provide real down force and I know they make functional spoilers ,but does not look like they make one for the Camaro.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

I was looking at doing a similar front splitter. LG motorsports makes a GT2 wing that they mounted on a C5 vette; ive also seen it mounted on a c6 vette. Not sure how its connected to the body, but it shouldnt be that hard to get mounted to a camaro.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 08-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
Bobby @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 03 Cobra
We are in the process of making a full aero package with front splitter, utilizing the GT2 wing Pry0boy mentioned. Momentum already has well engineered wing mounts for the GT2 wing, which we will utilize in our package.
Bobby @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

any idea when that kit will be ready to sell? Been hearing about it for a while and asked Lou about it back in June at the Spectre race but havent heard any new news.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
tsears

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99 - CGM
http://aprperformance.com/index.php?...=263&Itemid=44

I'll probably get this.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #10
JordonMusser

Drives: 2010 Momentum Race Group Camaro GS.
As Bobby eluded to we offer our aero parts to the public, but they aren't mean't for street use. They ARE however highly optimzed for track use.

We have also build several custom under body trays and diffusers.

shopmomentumautosports.com
-http://www.Mussco.com
-http://www.JordonMusser.com
JordonMusser is offline   Reply With Quote