Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Port fueling sound interesting. maybe you should bring this up to tracy and see what his response is gretch. does anyone know how adkin did with their turbo build? I wonder how they got around the fueling issue even if they got around it
I understand they were kicked off the site so either they stopped the whole project altogether or they have continued on and are not going to share with the ppl here who were calling them out on their rudeness. I thinkk a few among us have his phone number maybe we should text him.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Port fueling sound interesting. maybe you should bring this up to tracy and see what his response is gretch. does anyone know how adkin did with their turbo build? I wonder how they got around the fueling issue even if they got around it
It was the very thing we talked about as an alternative. He's still considering it, but would like to keep it total DI if he can. We are both (and I'm thinking many others) convinced the next generation of V8s are going to be DI, so it is better to figure out the right way to fuel a beast now than to take a short cut (no offense to anyone). That doesn't mean we won't go that route if the other ideas don't pan out, but for now he and IPS are working a couple of ideas that will keep it completely DI.

I wish I could tell you more, but I'm not asking IPS to give me details on what they are doing ("none of my business" thing from my perspective and maybe theirs), and Tracy and I just haven't had time to talk in details about where he is with it. I'm sure once he has a good feel for what will work he'll share.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #17
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice
 
usa1camaro1969's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I understand they were kicked off the site so either they stopped the whole project altogether or they have continued on and are not going to share with the ppl here who were calling them out on their rudeness. I thinkk a few among us have his phone number maybe we should text him.
Last I heard, Will stepped away from Adkins. I don't know if he got his car back, but he told me the turbo was still not tuned and it was leaking badly.
The guy who had the manual there got his car back without the turbo. They had the clutch in and it felt bad. They redid it and I think the guy said he was going to drive it back to SanAntonio from CA.

Jonathan was making promises he couldn't keep and had a bad business sense. He said the clutch was done, sold one to me, a month went by with excuse after excuse as to why it hadn't shipped. I asked for a refund and was told it would be granted. Another month goes by and I am losing it. I finally contacted my bank and got my refund finally yesterday.
This is not the first forum to ban them and I don't believe it was just for rules infractions.
I'm now going to get back in touch with Spec and see how they're doing with their clutch project.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
__________________
I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
-Ricky Bobby
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #18
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Last I heard, Will stepped away from Adkins. I don't know if he got his car back, but he told me the turbo was still not tuned and it was leaking badly.
The guy who had the manual there got his car back without the turbo. They had the clutch in and it felt bad. They redid it and I think the guy said he was going to drive it back to SanAntonio from CA.

Jonathan was making promises he couldn't keep and had a bad business sense. He said the clutch was done, sold one to me, a month went by with excuse after excuse as to why it hadn't shipped. I asked for a refund and was told it would be granted. Another month goes by and I am losing it. I finally contacted my bank and got my refund finally yesterday.
This is not the first forum to ban them and I don't believe it was just for rules infractions.
I'm now going to get back in touch with Spec and see how they're doing with their clutch project.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
WOW!! god must have been with me because at one point I was about to put a nice amount of loan on my card and go for a supercharger build from them, but I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to stay all N/A this time around.

Im glad everything worked out for ya at the end but I can just imagine what you was probably going through.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #19
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay
 
esperman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Louisville, KY area
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Last I heard, Will stepped away from Adkins. I don't know if he got his car back, but he told me the turbo was still not tuned and it was leaking badly.
The guy who had the manual there got his car back without the turbo. They had the clutch in and it felt bad. They redid it and I think the guy said he was going to drive it back to SanAntonio from CA.

Jonathan was making promises he couldn't keep and had a bad business sense. He said the clutch was done, sold one to me, a month went by with excuse after excuse as to why it hadn't shipped. I asked for a refund and was told it would be granted. Another month goes by and I am losing it. I finally contacted my bank and got my refund finally yesterday.
This is not the first forum to ban them and I don't believe it was just for rules infractions.
I'm now going to get back in touch with Spec and see how they're doing with their clutch project.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
well, hate to say we told you so..but we told you so. Poor John took some heat from his posts too
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #20
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice
 
usa1camaro1969's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,641
Let's just let them disappear, guys. Will sounded good, sounded enthusiastic, but in the end, couldn't fix what was wrong with Adkins from the start. Google them and you'll see Adkins Performance has been banned from different forums and it's always the same story.
__________________
I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
-Ricky Bobby
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:52 AM   #21
caper

 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal, I.E.
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Last I heard, Will stepped away from Adkins. I don't know if he got his car back, but he told me the turbo was still not tuned and it was leaking badly.
The guy who had the manual there got his car back without the turbo. They had the clutch in and it felt bad. They redid it and I think the guy said he was going to drive it back to SanAntonio from CA.

Jonathan was making promises he couldn't keep and had a bad business sense. He said the clutch was done, sold one to me, a month went by with excuse after excuse as to why it hadn't shipped. I asked for a refund and was told it would be granted. Another month goes by and I am losing it. I finally contacted my bank and got my refund finally yesterday.
This is not the first forum to ban them and I don't believe it was just for rules infractions.
I'm now going to get back in touch with Spec and see how they're doing with their clutch project.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
there were a few people who called adkins on this from the moment he started looking for cars to do this with. those of you who refused to believe...well obviously you should have...jonathan is simply an idiot who couldnt run a lemonade stand. funny, i was just curious if i was ever proven wrong with this build so i just did a search, and this is what came up. i feel bad for you guys that got taken, including will if this is true....but you all were warned.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #22
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 12,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
WOW!! god must have been with me because at one point I was about to put a nice amount of loan on my card and go for a supercharger build from them, but I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to stay all N/A this time around.

Im glad everything worked out for ya at the end but I can just imagine what you was probably going through.
Good thing...

...your NA build is more impressive to me anyways than a supercharged application!
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #23
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,566
Will seemed like a decent guy. Looks like he just made a bad decision in hitching his wagon to the Adkins Business of Fail.

Who among us hasn't made a poor decision or 2 in our lifetime?

Thanks for the insight USA1. Glad you didn't get the shaft in the end.

I'm out of this and movin on.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #24
dthomp2366
 
Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbo
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oxon Hill, MD
Posts: 9
Throwing this out there but has anyone looking into the fuel system for the Cobalt? I know alot of guys that have run 30psi over the stock system so my logic is leading me to believe that the direct injection system from a cobalt should flow enough for a LLT.

I know Cobalt's fuel pump is in tank and the rails can run up to 2800psi. So if it can push 4 cylinders to 30psi then it should be able to push 6 at 5-10psi.

Hopefully this can help solve the puzzle
__________________
2008 SS/TC Black w/ Black Int. - LNF FTW
Bad-Mab Downpipe | K&N SRI | Trifecta Tune @23psi | Treadstone TR-8 Intercooler | TTR Engine Mount | Shorty Antenna | Debadged Rear and Dash w/ Tinted Tails / Plasti Dip Rims
Pioneer 6 3/4 - 6x9 components - Pioneer Center Channel Speaker - Polyfilled Stock Sub Box
dthomp2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #25
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomp2366 View Post
Throwing this out there but has anyone looking into the fuel system for the Cobalt? I know alot of guys that have run 30psi over the stock system so my logic is leading me to believe that the direct injection system from a cobalt should flow enough for a LLT.

I know Cobalt's fuel pump is in tank and the rails can run up to 2800psi. So if it can push 4 cylinders to 30psi then it should be able to push 6 at 5-10psi.

Hopefully this can help solve the puzzle
Actually the Cobalts have a similar setup to ours. The in-tank low-pressure pump and a high-pressure pump connected to the cam shaft. They have exactly the same pump and had to rely on aftermarket manufacturers to build new high-pressure pumps. That's what we are working on now.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #26
dthomp2366
 
Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbo
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oxon Hill, MD
Posts: 9
Our fuel delivery isnt cutting out though. Its the Cobalt guys with larger turbos that are upgrading the rail and sometimes adding a secondary rail. Its my understanding that you guys are only planning on pushing about 10lbs max right? Could the Cobalt injectors flow at a higher rate? If so, using them could be a cheaper solution.
__________________
2008 SS/TC Black w/ Black Int. - LNF FTW
Bad-Mab Downpipe | K&N SRI | Trifecta Tune @23psi | Treadstone TR-8 Intercooler | TTR Engine Mount | Shorty Antenna | Debadged Rear and Dash w/ Tinted Tails / Plasti Dip Rims
Pioneer 6 3/4 - 6x9 components - Pioneer Center Channel Speaker - Polyfilled Stock Sub Box
dthomp2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #27
Shadow Camaro
 
Shadow Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fairhope, Alabama
Posts: 341
From what i understand of this, its not the rails thats the problem, they spray fine, its that the high pressure pump cant work fast enough to send the amount of fuel we need. I hope im right? lol. i try to follow these turbo threads but i get lost sometimes.
__________________

Rotofab CAI, SW LT Headers and High Flow Cats, SW Cat-Back, Eibach Pro rear wheel spacers, SS Grill Insert, Street Scene Front Splitter, Blacked out rear emblem, blacked out bezels, plasti-dipped lower bumper, plasti-dipped rims with yellow pinstriping, dyed interior stitching yellow, 2x Kicker CVR 12's w/ 1200 watt kicker amp. MORE TO COME!
Shadow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #28
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
well, hate to say we told you so..but we told you so. Poor John took some heat from his posts too
How did I miss all this!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Music for the Maiden Voyage? LSxcellent 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1088 05-27-2012 11:43 PM
Disable Post Count? WheelmanSS Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 24 07-13-2011 09:22 PM
How 'bout some Camaro Scotty stories! (warning first post long read!) Hawaii_Subs Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences 51 09-28-2010 09:45 AM
Hello First Post, looking at getting one next year Rocketright 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 12-11-2009 07:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.