Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New members, come introduce yourselves here!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
A new proud owner/member from South Seattle

Hello everyone!

I am a new proud owner of a 2011 1LT RS Red Jewel 6mt! I switched over from a (no laughing please) 08 Altima Coupe 2.5S.

I have never owned a Camaro before and never even thought I would until about 3 months ago. But now I do, and I have to say, I am VERY impressed!

Long story short (well, Not so short i guess, but a great ending!) I have been driving Nissans for about 10 years and really appreciated the simple gas and go reliability. The coupe had a nice sporty look and decent feel to it, but it was nothing special. I am a commercial/industrial electrician (Local 46 shout out) and the crap economy has hit the construction industry VERY hard. The industry unemployment rate was over 30% in our area and is still about 20% now. I was out of work for 9 months last year, and I was a lucky one. Some guys were out of work for over 18 months! Anyway, I got laid off just a week after I bought the Altima.... and I was able to hang in there but not able to spend a cent on mods. My plan was to start doing some once I started getting some disposable income again. But once that disposable income started comming in, I began to feel like a simple little Altima wouldnt really be worth spending serious cash on some mods ( ie over 2k for a set of wheels alone).

I started looking at some newer Altima coupes with the 3.5 v6 (350Z engine). They started at around 30k! Well, the Nissan dealer had a Black 2010 Camaro for sale in their used lot. I was very suprised by the look and just for "shiggles" I drove it. My God, I was impressed! I hadn't been in a Camaro for at least 15 years when I briefly dated a chick with a mid 80's RS.

Anyhow, for the next few weeks that car (model anyway) haunted me. All of the sudden, I started noticing them on the road, and every time I had that "DAMN" feeling. A few weeks later, in another shiggles moment, I drove to the local Chevy dealer who had a good collection of Camaros. I drove an SS an LT, and an LS. The SS of course just had shear pavement shredding power... But the ride of the LT just seemed... right. I sometimes spend a lot of time in my car, and sometimes drive over 100 miles a day so comfort and reasonible MPG is a big deal to me.

I spotted my 1LT RS Red Jewel sitting in the back lot at the dealer. The guy said it had just come off the truck and was waiting to go into detail. I drove i and fell in love, everything felt perfect. Maybe because I was coming from a little import with a 2.5 4 popper with a granny tranny (CVT), but it seemed like a perfect ballance of comfort, style and power, and that color....

So for 7 weeks i obsessed over this car, thinking about it, going over numbers, worrying about work and economy and all that. I have a job today yea, and make good money too, but once our little project is done, will there be another? Well, my wife (can you believe it), my sister, and some friends convinced me to "just go for it!" I fretted some more, but since I have been back to work for nearly a year, and worked some good over time, i have been able to stash away a good hunk of cash to cover my a$$ if i am out of work again for a while. Finally I decided, F it, I'm gonna do it!

I got to the dealer and they couldn't "find" the car, the keys, or the paper work! I was like.. awe crap! It must be sold and they forgot to take it off the web site! Well, the guy finally found one of the keays to it and we went out hunting. After a good 10 minuts, there, in the back lot, about the same place I had left it and surrounded by Cruzes, Aveos, and the like, there she sat! EVERY other Camaro had been washed waxed and chilling in the front row of the main lot, BUT this one, the one I wanted! So it was like the Camaro gods knew it was supposed to be mine and hid her back there until I came looking.

Now, there she sits, out in front of my house, smiling at me thru the window, begging me to come out for some fun! Now, if you'll excuse me, after this REALLY LONG story, I need to go out and get some coffee or something, I hear the Starbucks on the other side of town has much beetter coffe than the one a 1/4 mile down the road.. lol.

Again, sorry for the long story, but i feel it is meaningful in that a long time import driver, one who never in a million years would own an American muscle car, now owns a beautiful new American Muscle Car!

Here hoping for years of fun, happy driving and a better economy to keep the money coming!
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
congrats on the new camaro and welcome to Camaro5
Old 08-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
welcome, Check out the nw section for events, I post alot of our PNWCC events there.
& our meetings are in burien so not to far away from you
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite-T View Post
Hello everyone!

I am a new proud owner of a 2011 1LT RS Red Jewel 6mt! I switched over from a (no laughing please) 08 Altima Coupe 2.5S.

I have never owned a Camaro before and never even thought I would until about 3 months ago. But now I do, and I have to say, I am VERY impressed!

Long story short (well, Not so short i guess, but a great ending!) I have been driving Nissans for about 10 years and really appreciated the simple gas and go reliability. The coupe had a nice sporty look and decent feel to it, but it was nothing special. I am a commercial/industrial electrician (Local 46 shout out) and the crap economy has hit the construction industry VERY hard. The industry unemployment rate was over 30% in our area and is still about 20% now. I was out of work for 9 months last year, and I was a lucky one. Some guys were out of work for over 18 months! Anyway, I got laid off just a week after I bought the Altima.... and I was able to hang in there but not able to spend a cent on mods. My plan was to start doing some once I started getting some disposable income again. But once that disposable income started comming in, I began to feel like a simple little Altima wouldnt really be worth spending serious cash on some mods ( ie over 2k for a set of wheels alone).

I started looking at some newer Altima coupes with the 3.5 v6 (350Z engine). They started at around 30k! Well, the Nissan dealer had a Black 2010 Camaro for sale in their used lot. I was very suprised by the look and just for "shiggles" I drove it. My God, I was impressed! I hadn't been in a Camaro for at least 15 years when I briefly dated a chick with a mid 80's RS.

Anyhow, for the next few weeks that car (model anyway) haunted me. All of the sudden, I started noticing them on the road, and every time I had that "DAMN" feeling. A few weeks later, in another shiggles moment, I drove to the local Chevy dealer who had a good collection of Camaros. I drove an SS an LT, and an LS. The SS of course just had shear pavement shredding power... But the ride of the LT just seemed... right. I sometimes spend a lot of time in my car, and sometimes drive over 100 miles a day so comfort and reasonible MPG is a big deal to me.

I spotted my 1LT RS Red Jewel sitting in the back lot at the dealer. The guy said it had just come off the truck and was waiting to go into detail. I drove i and fell in love, everything felt perfect. Maybe because I was coming from a little import with a 2.5 4 popper with a granny tranny (CVT), but it seemed like a perfect ballance of comfort, style and power, and that color....

So for 7 weeks i obsessed over this car, thinking about it, going over numbers, worrying about work and economy and all that. I have a job today yea, and make good money too, but once our little project is done, will there be another? Well, my wife (can you believe it), my sister, and some friends convinced me to "just go for it!" I fretted some more, but since I have been back to work for nearly a year, and worked some good over time, i have been able to stash away a good hunk of cash to cover my a$$ if i am out of work again for a while. Finally I decided, F it, I'm gonna do it!

I got to the dealer and they couldn't "find" the car, the keys, or the paper work! I was like.. awe crap! It must be sold and they forgot to take it off the web site! Well, the guy finally found one of the keays to it and we went out hunting. After a good 10 minuts, there, in the back lot, about the same place I had left it and surrounded by Cruzes, Aveos, and the like, there she sat! EVERY other Camaro had been washed waxed and chilling in the front row of the main lot, BUT this one, the one I wanted! So it was like the Camaro gods knew it was supposed to be mine and hid her back there until I came looking.

Now, there she sits, out in front of my house, smiling at me thru the window, begging me to come out for some fun! Now, if you'll excuse me, after this REALLY LONG story, I need to go out and get some coffee or something, I hear the Starbucks on the other side of town has much beetter coffe than the one a 1/4 mile down the road.. lol.

Again, sorry for the long story, but i feel it is meaningful in that a long time import driver, one who never in a million years would own an American muscle car, now owns a beautiful new American Muscle Car!

Here hoping for years of fun, happy driving and a better economy to keep the money coming!
Welcome back home !
Old 08-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Congrats and welcome
Old 08-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Congrats!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Great permagrin addiction story. Now get ready for mod fever & addiction to C5 to set in. See ya around the forum.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #8
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Welcome!
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote