Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Old 04-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
Mechzl1

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Cams and the new OBD smog

Hey guys been thinking about getting a little bigger cam put in my car, anyone have any trouble passing with a cam that's has a noticeable lope to it with the new test?
Old 04-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #2
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
I talk to smog shop yesterday...they said if you have no codes...and so if somebody looks past the visual...you are good to go. Obviously going to cost a lil more to look the other way but that's what they said. I want to know also...so bump for someone who has done it to respond.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #3
AITI

Drives: 2015 LFX Auto
Why in the world does anyone want lope? Todays computers allow us to tune for little to no lope for max power & tq w/out vacuum suffering. I think most don't remember what causes lope...the lack of proper signal to the carb due to an aggressive grind. Today we can go way more radical than the old days and still have a great idle and off idle throttle response. Lope was what we battled forever and either had to idle at 1000 rpm plus or/and add an auxiliary vacuum pump for power brakes to work. If you want power, get a grind that gives power and no lope...if you want lope, get a tuner to mess with the variable cam timing.....but why in the world would someone want lope? Just like I see these kids with "blue" tail pipes.....we spent hours polishing the heat caused blue off...and now some but tips with it? Crazy!!! Just IMHO.
AITI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #4
Mechzl1

Trust me I don't want a lope but all I was asking was if there is one is it a automatic fail or is just reading off the computer and sensors. Just am curious to see how the new smog is when it comes to mods that you can't actually see.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:02 PM   #5
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I have to smog mine next month. I was told as long as it isn't throwing codes, not to stress
Old 04-27-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
Mechzl1

Right on keep us posted on how it went, I'm thinking no codes good to go, well hoping rather.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #7
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
I have to smog mine next month. I was told as long as it isn't throwing codes, not to stress
Keep me posted brotha on how it goes! .
Heartbeat Supercharger, Elite E2 Catch Can, V-Maxx TB, NGK Spark Plugs, Alky Control Meth Kit, GM Performance ZL1 Fuel Pump & ADM FPCM, JDP Clutch Res Relocation, Kooks LT's, Corsa 3" ZL1 black tip exhaust, 1.25'' Front & 1" Rear Drop, BMR (Sway's, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Front End Links, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Outer Trailing Arm Bushings) FMT Solid Subframe Bushings, Slotted and Dimpled Rotors and Hawk HPS Pads, 315's In the Rear and 275's Upfront
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #8
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Cams and the new OBD smog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechzl1 View Post
Right on keep us posted on how it went, I'm thinking no codes good to go, well hoping rather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Keep me posted brotha on how it goes! .

Will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk