Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #71
jrc1122

 
Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
I would worry about it too much because the guy saying that drives a car that feels like it should have 3 green shells revolving around it, and an italian plumber for a driver.
lol good stuff.
________
Buy Silversurfer Vaporizer

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 09:57 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #72
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,109
With just a few inch stretch the Camaro EL can have some RX8 / Thunderbird suicide doors. Maybe an entertainment center and AC duct on the back. Little bit better seats.

No need for G8 at all.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #73
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned
 
Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
LOL you mean like the Muscle Car owners doing burn outs and such ? If you don't occasionally make an offering to the god of rubber, then the god of rubber will force you to drive a Prius.
.... except for automatic L99 Camaro's...
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #74
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,297
Anyone saying the G8 GXP is crap is just uninformed. It's a great car. I just can't do
4 doors.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #75
GatorBlue371

 
GatorBlue371's Avatar
 
Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
I drove a GXP and it was almost an insulting experience. Everything to do with driving is vague; the steering meanders, the pedals are in a different timezone than the rest of the car, and the brakes only decide to bite at a certain and unnervingly long depth of pedal travel. It gets up to speed without getting excited about it, there's no violence, no sound, and the tranny just doesn't seem to care for being abused on a hard launch. The car felt ten years old off the showroom floor. The radio is perhaps an afterthought, mounted in such a way as to perpetually catch any light source and require its own sunshade even on an overcast afternoon. Climate control has a mind of its own and the window actuators are right where your hand comes down while you're wondering where the cupholders are. I never found the door locks. A great vista of blobby plastic rises majestically over the part of the dash where you used to take note of where your hood was. The wheel telescopes, amazingly, but already sits on so long a stalk as to require you to assume a bobsled-like pose if you're under 6'5. It has something like 145 air/ballastbags to accentuate the billet-iron doors and seat bolsters, an effort to meet Pontiac's ever-estimable weight requirement. The salesman offered to fill the tires with radon. It costs a great deal more than it should, then gets slapped with a gas tax, while looking and feeling no more fun than a trip to the proctologist.


You didnt enjoy the acceleration in the GXP coming from an RX-8??



That suprises me. Especially since the Rx-8 has about as much torque as my RC car.
__________________
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #76
jrc1122

 
Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,358
yeah Rx8- 14 sec car, GXP very low 13 sec car, High 12s with just a very few mods..
They trap probably 10mph difference in the quartermile.

I think it is official, he is full of it.

Camaro FTW-- but if you need 4 doors.. the GXP isn't settling too much in the performance arena. with the gears it comes with, one might argue it has a slight advantage in certain aspects of performance.

RX8 = FAIL
CAMARO/ GXP= WIN


________
Daihatsu sirion history

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 09:58 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #77
GatorBlue371

 
GatorBlue371's Avatar
 
Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
yeah Rx8- 14 sec car, GXP very low 13 sec car, High 12s with just a very few mods..
They trap probably 10mph difference in the quartermile.

I think it is official, he is full of it.

Camaro FTW-- but if you need 4 doors.. the GXP isn't settling too much in the performance arena. with the gears it comes with, one might argue it has a slight advantage in certain aspects of performance.

RX8 = FAIL
CAMARO/ GXP= WIN



I think one thing you can take away from this thread is that if you do buy the GXP, your not compromising on performance.
__________________
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #78
MrIcky

 
MrIcky's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise
Posts: 1,536
One thing about an RX8 though- they feel like you are going faster than you are because of the engine pitch and chassis feel. I haven't been in a GXP but the G8 didn't feel as fast as it was.

Hope that made sense lol.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #79
GatorBlue371

 
GatorBlue371's Avatar
 
Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
One thing about an RX8 though- they feel like you are going faster than you are because of the engine pitch and chassis feel. I haven't been in a GXP but the G8 didn't feel as fast as it was.

Hope that made sense lol.
I hear you, it has to do with exhaust and how low the car sits to the ground. This was one of the reasons I felt like the R/T was slow, even though I know its as fast as my 350z.


Just stopped by the Chevy Dealership...


Guy had come in with his Black/Black GTR to buy a CTS-V, also black on black. While someone with their Black w/ White stripes SS was having service done on their car.


Needless to say I came in at the right time to see some sweet cars.


While i was drooling over the lines on the black SS, the dealer was telling me about how great the gears were in this car. Seriously going to town with it. I had to stop and explain to him that the good gears dont come till next year .


Anyways, great time to be a car guy at that dealership. But if I had spent the ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN THOUSAND on the GTR (I asked..) I'd have taken the ZR1
__________________
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #80
Ninjak
Banned
 
Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 819
Though the ZR1 is a great great car, like some of you say about a mustang, a ZR1 is just another Vette. You do not see a whole lot of Skylines, which are a marvel themselves.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #81
jrc1122

 
Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Though the ZR1 is a great great car, like some of you say about a mustang, a ZR1 is just another Vette. You do not see a whole lot of Skylines, which are a marvel themselves.

ZR1 - just another vette.. LOL

That is like saying the 03/04 Cobra was just another mustang.
260 Hp vs 390 HP (Under rated)
Or the better yet the GT-500 is just another mustang.
300 HP vs 500 HP.. its just another Mustang too.



You don't see a whole lot of Skylines because they weren't sold in the US.
They do however sell a Nissan GTR here now, but they are fairly limited, because of the price tag and Need For Speed gamer type following, where as the Corvette has a rich herritage in the USA and will always be in a different class than the GTR.

Now if we go to Japan, you may have an argument, that the skyline/ GTRs are more rich with heritage.

But that statement was just plain silly.
________
K75

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 09:58 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #82
GatorBlue371

 
GatorBlue371's Avatar
 
Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
ZR1 - just another vette.. LOL

That is like saying the 03/04 Cobra was just another mustang.
260 Hp vs 390 HP (Under rated)
Or the better yet the GT-500 is just another mustang.
300 HP vs 500 HP.. its just another Mustang too.



You don't see a whole lot of Skylines because they weren't sold in the US.
They do however sell a Nissan GTR here now, but they are fairly limited, because of the price tag and Need For Speed gamer type following, where as the Corvette has a rich herritage in the USA and will always be in a different class than the GTR.

Now if we go to Japan, you may have an argument, that the skyline/ GTRs are more rich with heritage.

But that statement was just plain silly.


No way,that'd be like saying that a Mustang (which doesnt exist) is capable of putting down some of the best numbers EVER recorded for a stock performance car, blasting away competitors like Ferrari which are 2-3 times as much money.... Is just another mustang.
__________________
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #83
solo40oz
 
solo40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982camaro View Post
wtf?




so those snot nosed teenagers in the new cobalt SS will be able to go faster than me?




this is unfair

It's not how fast you can go that matters, it's how fast you can get there!!
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #84
Nostromo
 
Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Beach Island, NJ
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
One thing about an RX8 though- they feel like you are going faster than you are because of the engine pitch and chassis feel. I haven't been in a GXP but the G8 didn't feel as fast as it was.

Hope that made sense lol.
In my opinion it's the savvy and fortunate chassis tuning on the GXP. Reminds me of the taught, maneuverable feel of my Seville. More tractable than my 4th Generation F-bodies. Both the Seville and GXP track as dependably as a slot car. The GXP is about as quiet at highway speeds as the Seville or my Dad's DTS.
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SEMA Camaro: Yellow Camaro Concept Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 45 09-01-2011 02:19 PM
G8 GXP and Camaro Differences? bobby35ny 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 19 12-17-2008 02:53 PM
4 SEMA CAMAROS finally unveiled by GM! (hi-res images & details) FenwickHockey65 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 237 11-03-2008 10:39 PM
Drive a G8 to see how good a Camaro can be!!! Info@PeddersUSA.com Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 0 09-26-2008 06:45 PM
2010 Chevy Camaro to offer two V6s at launch; Z28 to trump SS? radz28 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 51 06-23-2008 12:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.