Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
LSR Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #76
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
Hey all,I just purchased that very Camaro in the above video.
I have been lurking Camaro and Mustang sites to determine which car I wanted to buy since I like (and wanted both). I had no experience with either of these cars and wanted the one that suited me best. Based on the online reviews, I purchased the 2012 Mustang V6 with the "Pony Pkg".

Unfortunately the Mustang we purchased wasn't in stock and had to be picked up the next day so My wife and I mosied over to O'Connel Chevrolet to see the car we didn't choose. The salesman showed me the 2012 Camaro in the video that had just been delivered. I took it for a test drive and was thinking to myself, uh oh I made a mistake. I like this one better.
My wife and I went back to the Ford Dealership and cancelled the sale.

To me the power, interior and driveabilty between the two cars were negligible, but the body styling and "Cool Factor" went to the Camaro by an insurmountable margin. So, while the online reviews appear to favor the Mustang over the Camaro (I still haven't seen any definative comparisons between similar 2012 V6 models though), my own personal seat of the pants review favors the Camaro by a narrow margin.

Thanks for the read
Tony
Of corse the camaro why would ANYONE buy anything else
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #77
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
Hey all,I just purchased that very Camaro in the above video.
I have been lurking Camaro and Mustang sites to determine which car I wanted to buy since I like (and wanted both). I had no experience with either of these cars and wanted the one that suited me best. Based on the online reviews, I purchased the 2012 Mustang V6 with the "Pony Pkg".

Unfortunately the Mustang we purchased wasn't in stock and had to be picked up the next day so My wife and I mosied over to O'Connel Chevrolet to see the car we didn't choose. The salesman showed me the 2012 Camaro in the video that had just been delivered. I took it for a test drive and was thinking to myself, uh oh I made a mistake. I like this one better.
My wife and I went back to the Ford Dealership and cancelled the sale.

To me the power, interior and driveabilty between the two cars were negligible, but the body styling and "Cool Factor" went to the Camaro by an insurmountable margin. So, while the online reviews appear to favor the Mustang over the Camaro (I still haven't seen any definative comparisons between similar 2012 V6 models though), my own personal seat of the pants review favors the Camaro by a narrow margin.

Thanks for the read
Tony
Welcome Tony!

Congrats on the purchase, and thanks for the insight!
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #78
gopruitt
 
Drives: 2012 Mustang 2LT RS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 5
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I really have no regrets on my decision to buy the Camaro. Now, what performance upgrades are available for the new LFX engine?
gopruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #79
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I really have no regrets on my decision to buy the Camaro. Now, what performance upgrades are available for the new LFX engine?
sides CIA and mufflers nothing else far as i know
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #80
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
Hey all,I just purchased that very Camaro in the above video.
I have been lurking Camaro and Mustang sites to determine which car I wanted to buy since I like (and wanted both). I had no experience with either of these cars and wanted the one that suited me best. Based on the online reviews, I purchased the 2012 Mustang V6 with the "Pony Pkg".

Unfortunately the Mustang we purchased wasn't in stock and had to be picked up the next day so My wife and I mosied over to O'Connel Chevrolet to see the car we didn't choose. The salesman showed me the 2012 Camaro in the video that had just been delivered. I took it for a test drive and was thinking to myself, uh oh I made a mistake. I like this one better.
My wife and I went back to the Ford Dealership and cancelled the sale.

To me the power, interior and driveabilty between the two cars were negligible, but the body styling and "Cool Factor" went to the Camaro by an insurmountable margin. So, while the online reviews appear to favor the Mustang over the Camaro (I still haven't seen any definative comparisons between similar 2012 V6 models though), my own personal seat of the pants review favors the Camaro by a narrow margin.

Thanks for the read
Tony
Congrats on making the right choice! Were all hoping to see some reviews of the new v6 camaros and what it does 0-60. Would love to see how it does up against the v6 stang!
__________________
CAMARO
Consult your doctor before taking Camaro
Side effects include Sudden increase in Heart Rate, Insomnia and occasional hallucinations
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #81
SIM Curly

 
SIM Curly's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Decatur, Alabama and Troy, Alabama
Posts: 1,918
Is the tick sound still on the V6 or did it go away on the 2012 engine.
__________________
SIM Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #82
nak3dsnake


 
nak3dsnake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I really have no regrets on my decision to buy the Camaro. Now, what performance upgrades are available for the new LFX engine?
All the current aftermarket parts should fit except shorty or LT headers.
__________________
Looks: AAC P13W DRLs, Heritage Grille, RS Embroidered Headrests, GM Door Sill Plates, GM Premium Floor Mats, Body Color Engine Cover, LLT Mobile 1 Oil Cap, ZL1 Sport Pedals, 3M Clear Bra.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #83
baup5f
 
baup5f's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I really have no regrets on my decision to buy the Camaro. Now, what performance upgrades are available for the new LFX engine?
my guess would be axle back mufflers only at this point (no real gains with these anyways, just changes the sound). as KMP pointed out with the new MAF sensor and radiator cap location, all the aftermarket intakes may not work now, just have to play the waiting game and companies should slowly start putting stuff out
__________________
2010 CGM 2SS/RS
baup5f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #84
gopruitt
 
Drives: 2012 Mustang 2LT RS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Is the tick sound still on the V6 or did it go away on the 2012 engine.
No ticks yet
gopruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #85
nak3dsnake


 
nak3dsnake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by baup5f View Post
my guess would be axle back mufflers only at this point (no real gains with these anyways, just changes the sound). as KMP pointed out with the new MAF sensor and radiator cap location, all the aftermarket intakes may not work now, just have to play the waiting game and companies should slowly start putting stuff out
I don't wee why catback wouldn't fit just because the manifolds are integrated into the heads.
__________________
Looks: AAC P13W DRLs, Heritage Grille, RS Embroidered Headrests, GM Door Sill Plates, GM Premium Floor Mats, Body Color Engine Cover, LLT Mobile 1 Oil Cap, ZL1 Sport Pedals, 3M Clear Bra.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #86
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Is the tick sound still on the V6 or did it go away on the 2012 engine.
i like the tick sound it reminds me i got a very powerful motor lol
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #87
SixCyl
 
SixCyl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
only thing he missed is the LFX but gives you a look at the LFX and the sound at idle
I know some people don't like the steering wheel on the 10's and 11's. But I personally like to see the word "CAMARO" across my steering wheel. And I can't help but laugh at the "plenty of room" in reference to the trunk, I can barely fit a person there, I mean box, yes a box. I can barely fit a box.
__________________
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #88
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
No ticks yet
Hey man, I noticed you're in CA. You should come out and hang with us some time

For instance: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152377

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165220
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #89
baup5f
 
baup5f's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
I don't wee why catback wouldn't fit just because the manifolds are integrated into the heads.
very true, i haven't actually got under one of the new ones to see if they've changed anything from the cats back or not
__________________
2010 CGM 2SS/RS
baup5f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #90
gopruitt
 
Drives: 2012 Mustang 2LT RS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Hey man, I noticed you're in CA. You should come out and hang with us some time

For instance: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152377

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165220
Dude, I'm really interested in hanging with you guys. I'm in a Classic Porsche Club and we do runs like this all the time. I suspect though that you guys drive a little faster, further and less breakdowns
gopruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #91
Sterling


 
Sterling's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fairhaven, MA
Posts: 5,904
Can't believe that you guys beat me to the radiator cap. I know nobody mentioned it yesterday... I notice it, then scroll down and see that you beat me to the punch.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #92
Lgndryhr
Camaro for Life
 
Lgndryhr's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing.... :-(
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 5,253
Send a message via AIM to Lgndryhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by baup5f View Post
convertibles only come with these from the factory
Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up!
__________________
Current ride: No Camaro right now. In my parents 2010 Camry XLE :-(
Exterior: no clue
Nickname: Odin
Best run: not until after break-in

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Lgndryhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #93
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
Dude, I'm really interested in hanging with you guys. I'm in a Classic Porsche Club and we do runs like this all the time. I suspect though that you guys drive a little faster, further and less breakdowns
You do know how it goes!
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #94
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Wow, the LLT sure was short-lived. And IT was the motor everyone was raving about back in '09....
Ward's top ten best engines 2 years in a row (2008,2009). I see this as a great way to build on an already great platform.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #95
jordan 572

 
jordan 572's Avatar
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
Dude, I'm really interested in hanging with you guys. I'm in a Classic Porsche Club and we do runs like this all the time. I suspect though that you guys drive a little faster, further and less breakdowns
Is your drives: suppose to be a joke? It says you have a 2012 Mustang 2LT RS
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #96
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Green Dream Machine
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Waterloo, IA AUN
Posts: 296
Ya, per that video the V6 Vararam is toast. This car has a Radiator cap in the center and not off the the sides like the LLT. Glad Vararam made their intake when they did or they may have scratched the whole thing knowing the 2012 would change it up again.
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #97
10spokess
Wild and Cammed
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 758
I test drove one the other day and I got to say it pulled really well all the way through to the redline. I broke in the car very well lol
__________________
10spokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #98
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick
 
rachykells's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 and proud View Post
I know some people don't like the steering wheel on the 10's and 11's. But I personally like to see the word "CAMARO" across my steering wheel. And I can't help but laugh at the "plenty of room" in reference to the trunk, I can barely fit a person there, I mean box, yes a box. I can barely fit a box.
I find it odd that people don't like the 10 & 11 steering wheel. I hate hate hate the '12 steering wheel and I don't like the new look of the speedo, etc. Another reason I am SO GLAD I decided to get the '11 and not wait to order a new one.

Also, a person can definitely fit in the trunk. I've had someone in my trunk. I know that sounds bad, but the guy offered to be the guinea pig to see if a body could really fit in there. Actually I do believe you could squeeze two bodies in there. But boxes? Yeah, not easy to fit boxes in there.
__________________
2011 CGM Camaro LS
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #99
gopruitt
 
Drives: 2012 Mustang 2LT RS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
Is your drives: suppose to be a joke? It says you have a 2012 Mustang 2LT RS
I don't have a reason to joke. I have both cars.
gopruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #100
cmb74656

 
cmb74656's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palmetto, FL
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
Also, a person can definitely fit in the trunk. I've had someone in my trunk. I know that sounds bad, but the guy offered to be the guinea pig to see if a body could really fit in there. Actually I do believe you could squeeze two bodies in there.
In how many pieces?
__________________
Dan Wheldon (1978-2011)

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.