Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
rgrizzard
 
Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 191
410 RWHP out of an LS3 GXP

With CAI, exhaust and a tune we should be laying done some nice numbers. How does 410 rwhp and 410 rwtq sound???

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/pontia...-410-rwhp.html

I can't imagine what a nice cam and headers are gonna do?
rgrizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
SRFnSNO
 
SRFnSNO's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown & Flamed
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jerzy
Posts: 651
I want 6lbs of boost!

Also using HP tuner.
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
rgrizzard
 
Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 191
turbo or supercharger?
I've been thinking an eaton just to pass emissions...
rgrizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
1_2Many

 
1_2Many's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 786
Looks like 500+ flywheel hp is possible on stock heads. With headers, cam and intake possibly 550? That's about as much as I desire. The Tremac is rated for 660 ft/lbs so don't want to push it too much anyways.
__________________
We are the early orderers...we are GM's voluntary guinea pigs and their free source of feedback. How will we be thanked?
1_2Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
SRFnSNO
 
SRFnSNO's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown & Flamed
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jerzy
Posts: 651
Who ever comes to market with one for the L99.
But Super charger (Intercooled) would be my Selection.

Have been Running a Magnsun on my 5.3 for Years now no issues.
Except some breakage Trans and G80 (so I upgraded Both of them)
But that is on a 8K Ride turning 35" tires on Rocks!
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
rgrizzard
 
Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
Looks like 500+ flywheel hp is possible on stock heads. With headers, cam and intake possibly 550? That's about as much as I desire. The Tremac is rated for 660 ft/lbs so don't want to push it too much anyways.
Ya, to much over that and the rear is gonna dump parts down the road anyways...
rgrizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
rgrizzard
 
Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRFnSNO View Post
Who ever comes to market with one for the L99.
But Super charger (Intercooled) would be my Selection.

Have been Running a Magnsun on my 5.3 for Years now no issues.
Except some breakage Trans and G80 (so I upgraded Both of them)
But that is on a 8K Ride turning 35" tires on Rocks!

Ya, an eaton/magnusson is probably the quickest and easiest w/o any reliability issues.
rgrizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
29er

 
29er's Avatar
 
Drives: 02,ceta,14 1LE sitting@train yard
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 1,252
is there someone knows what type of clutch//model, gm is using in the camaro with the ls3?? is the same one from the vette???? Thanks
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
nfamous209
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Join Date: May 2008
Location: patterson, ca
Posts: 413
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
not to bad, i read ls3's are dynoing around 370ish at the wheels, on vettes and gxp's so 40whp gain from intake, catback and tune is not to shabby. i'm sure a majority of the gain was just from the tune itself. imagin what LT's will do. cant wait to see what American racing headers puts out for this baby. hopefully a TVS 2300 or a Whipple SC will be available in a bit. but it takes time to get s/c units available for new cars. but it will eventually come. heads and cams are available cuz the vette has had the ls3 for a few years allready. I just want to see some Positive Displacement Superchargers available. I dont care much for turbo's and Centri's. My top choice is Whipple. I dislike KB.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
kevin2323


 
Drives: challenger
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: miami
Posts: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamous209 View Post
not to bad, i read ls3's are dynoing around 370ish at the wheels, on vettes and gxp's so 40whp gain from intake, catback and tune is not to shabby. i'm sure a majority of the gain was just from the tune itself. imagin what LT's will do. cant wait to see what American racing headers puts out for this baby. hopefully a TVS 2300 or a Whipple SC will be available in a bit. but it takes time to get s/c units available for new cars. but it will eventually come. heads and cams are available cuz the vette has had the ls3 for a few years allready. I just want to see some Positive Displacement Superchargers available. I dont care much for turbo's and Centri's. My top choice is Whipple. I dislike KB.
why do you dislike kb?
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #11
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro
 
ZeeTwentyFour's Avatar
 
Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 474
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
amazing what bolt-ons can do.
__________________
ZeeTwentyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
mike@newera

 
mike@newera's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss L99 A6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 492
You can expect 500 rwhp with a healthy cam shaft profile and full supporting bolt ons.
mike@newera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #13
nfamous209
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Join Date: May 2008
Location: patterson, ca
Posts: 413
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
why do you dislike kb?
I just do. lack of communication and all that. customer service isnt the best imo. its just my opinion, everyone has theres, some people swear by them and hate whipple. just personal preference i guess.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #14
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,861
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
cant beat that.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #15
kevin2323


 
Drives: challenger
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: miami
Posts: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamous209 View Post
I just do. lack of communication and all that. customer service isnt the best imo. its just my opinion, everyone has theres, some people swear by them and hate whipple. just personal preference i guess.
i like both....i guess kb just has the big name....whipple has been installed on the challenger and they are putting up some nice numbers.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #16
vega$
Dreaming Big!
 
vega$'s Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Silverado CC 4x4 5.3L
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 143
09 G8 GXP +38 rwhp with just a tune...

EDIT: also had a Rotofab CAI installed

still those are some insane numbers..

vega$ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LS3 engine specifications Tran Wiki 3 10-06-2010 10:56 PM
518 RWHP With WCCH CNC LS3 Heads 2SSRS@Gen5diy Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 38 10-04-2009 08:53 AM
Pontiac G8 GXP has been REVEALED!!! LSxcellent General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 19 08-12-2009 02:14 AM
G8 GXP LS3 rated at 415 hp ChevyBoiSS Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 10 02-09-2009 04:20 PM
I "borrowed" this from...G8 GXP - LS3 radz28 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 11 03-07-2008 12:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.