Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Whiteside Custom's B C Racing Coilovers

For the last year I have been reading all the threads on upgrading the suspension on these cars. Originally I felt that the stock setup was fine, but after 27K happy miles things started to feel a little loose.

So I started looking at my options as far as upgrading the suspension without destroying the good things GM engineered into this car.

I wanted to lower the car just a touch, but maintain a comfortable ride. After doing alot of research I concluded that the best option for me was a set of Coilovers.

I contacted Mike at Whiteside Customs and decided to give the BC Racing coilovers a try. Worst case if I don't like them I can pull them off and try something else. Mike answered all my questions about this setup, so we set up a Saturday install for my car.

Got to the shop at 10:00am and they had everything installed and the ride height set by 2:00pm. Everything bolted up with no issues. While my install was not as involved as Kbui's I did have them do a few additional add on's such as some Hotchkis sways, and a set of Whiteline cradle bushings.

Next we had it aligned to Mikes specs and I was on my way back home.

My car is my daily driver. I average 60 miles per day back and forth to work. So far I have put about 300 miles on this setup, and I am very happy with this system. My car was dropped 1.2 inches all around, and I was concered that at that height that it would ride like S!hit. Well I could not have been more wrong.

The ride and handling are outstanding. There is ZERO harshness, and no additional noise generated by any of the components, and best of all I can adjust all four coilovers in less than 1 minute.

I am enjoyng the car even more now. This mod has brought my permagrin to a new level. I will try to get some better pics this weekend after I get the car cleaned up. This one will have to do for now.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Before:

After:

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushings,Forgestar F14's 20x9/11,Nitto Motivos, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Camaro21

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Looks good Barry !!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
looking good!
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
looks good!

This is the next mod on my list. I just have to let the mod fund recover some more so it it's going to be a few months. I've been torn over gears or coilovers but ultimately I think I'll get more from a better riding/handling car. Gears will come though.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
I can't wait for these. Mike has answered all my questions too and I'll be taking my car to him when I have the cash for coilovers.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #6
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Caverman I know what you mean. Between the suspension and the new tires I got today I will be Brown Bagging it for the rest of the year. lol

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushings,Forgestar F14's 20x9/11,Nitto Motivos, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Caverman I know what you mean. Between the suspension and the new tires I got today I will be Brown Bagging it for the rest of the year. lol

It worth it! At least you will be smiling on the drives to and from work

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote