Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #76
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Day 4 at the dealership and they just pulled it inside. My SA stated on the phone that they're "still trying to figure out the tapping noise under the hood". He's been saying that for 3 days. I call every day at least once.

I believe my seat cover was done on Monday/Tuesday but I'm not positive. Still haven't been up there but I have "inside eyes" on my car. I'll probably visit them before closing today.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #77
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Update for me: After a week at the dealership they didn't do anything to my motor. The only thing I know they did was replace my driver seat cover. On Thursday evening I visited my SA and he said the service manager wanted to drive it Friday morning first thing to check it. Friday around lunch I called and my SA told me the manager wanted to drive it again after lunch. I told my SA that wasn't happening, to just get my car ready for me. I went up there about 30 minutes later and brought her home. My SA was nice and apologetic and the customer service lady is super nice as well, so it could have been worse I guess. I'm almost happy they didn't tear apart my motor at this point.

Lately it feels almost like the engine is missing on acceleration but no codes. I did tell them about it, maybe the A/C?! lol
Old 06-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #78

Drives: 2SS
Thank you for keeping us posted! You might get used to the acceleration and also the AC is draining a little power from the engine so these are the reasons probably you feel it missing.
332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #79
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
My car has been to the dealer for this, but they never heard the noise. So I gave up. This is why I have not tuned my car, I'm just waiting for the AFM lifters to fail.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #80
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
Taking mine in tomorrow

Afraid I have the dreaded lifter issue. The only engine mod I've made is an AirRaid cold intake install. Hope they doing use that as a reason to invalidate the warranty.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote