Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Camaro Motorsports Discussions Motorsports involving Camaros - Grand-Am, Redline Time Attack, Drift Events, etc.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
MBellRacing
Wheel Jockey For Hire

Drives: Stevenson Motorsport Sunoco Camaro
Send a message via AIM to MBellRacing
A gift from Montreal...

While NOT racing in Montreal, I decided I'd finally put the two video angles from Laguna together. So I don't have to write it again, here's the youtube description:

"Video taken during practice from two cameras in the Stevenson Motorsports Camaro GS.R at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. We were experimenting with some setups that gave the car some unexpected rhythmic bouncing, which is ultimately what caused the spin at the end. A modified version of this setup is what qualified us on pole and won the race!"

Enjoy!!!

Driver, #9 Stevenson Motorsports Sunoco Camaro
MBellRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
MrsLT1PWRD
Camaro Focus Group Member

Drives: #1 13 HWSE, 95Z, 06 HHR, & 03 Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBellRacing View Post
While NOT racing in Montreal, I decided I'd finally put the two video angles from Laguna together. So I don't have to write it again, here's the youtube description:

"Video taken during practice from two cameras in the Stevenson Motorsports Camaro GS.R at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. We were experimenting with some setups that gave the car some unexpected rhythmic bouncing, which is ultimately what caused the spin at the end. A modified version of this setup is what qualified us on pole and won the race!"

Enjoy!!!

Hey Matt - awesome video!!!! We're really looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the Stevenson gang again at Mid-Ohio next month!!!

Our Hot Wheels Special Edition Short Story: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...eels+delivered
MrsLT1PWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
SS426RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS by Berger Black/Inferno
Hey Matt !! Who sez you can't teach an old dog new tricks?? GRRrrrreat post!! Montreal's loss, my gain!! Far as I'm concerned you and young Edwards put on a "driving clinic" during Saturday's race!! Couple of times I thought you guys were going to end up like the 15!! Wowzers!!

In any event from your video, I've learned that 4 is faster than what I've been thinking, learned a different approach to 6 and how to get through 8 ( I hope) and into 9!! As for 5, still up for grabs!!

As for the "bouncing" I couldn't imagine it would have anything to do with the rumble strips, would it??

Thanks again Matt!! Now how's about Sears Point?? Help!!Help!!
SS426RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
MBellRacing
Wheel Jockey For Hire

Drives: Stevenson Motorsport Sunoco Camaro
Send a message via AIM to MBellRacing
Haha, thanks. The bouncing was from a damper issue we were having at extreme adjustments. It was sort of rhythmic in the sense that it would oscillate from oversteer to understeer depending on which end was bouncing at the time. If you timed it incorrectly (as I did) and had the rear light on turn in, it would come around pretty quick.

I coach at Infineon, come take a course or PM me for some private coaching!
Driver, #9 Stevenson Motorsports Sunoco Camaro
MBellRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
SSDan

Drives: 2010 SS LS3 VR
Matt, awesome stuff! Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together and post it. One of my best days as a 2010 Camaro SS owner was last year at Mid-Ohio where I met you and the rest of the Stevenson team and got any up close tour of the pits and the Stevenson Camaros. Its so cool to know that the heart of my car and your race car are practically the same ( engine and drive train) especially as you consistently beat up on those Mustangs and BMWs. Its priceless!
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Hey Matt, thank you SO much for post this video. I love it!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Looks like you enjoy that track

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote