Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Exhaust "metal" sound - dealer couldn't find a problem but I'm not crazy!

Hey guys,

My exhaust has been making a metallic-sounding, quick, ("chuck-chuck", best way I can describe it) sound at around 1200-1500rpms in 1st gear from a stop or 2nd gear from a slow roll. I thought it might be a loose baffle or water in the muffler or something but the dealer said everything is functioning and they "couldn't replicate the problem." However, I know I'm not nuts... has anyone experienced anything like this? The sound is hard to describe, but it's 2 quick, consistent noises, almost like metal on metal, present all the time but much more-so when it can clearly be heard in an enclosed parking garage. Thanks!

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
No loose clamps, hangers or joint? Maybe a heat sheild?
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
No loose clamps, hangers or joint? Maybe a heat sheild?
I checked everything and it looks all good, the dealer didn't see anything either. It's just weird that it's at a VERY specific RPM range, I've narrowed it down to 1300-1400rpms. That's literally the only time I hear it, but it's every time. Could it be something non-exhaust related (drivetrain/tranny) if it's that specific??

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
mpwr

Drives: Camaro SS
I had a similar noise come from my 02 Z06. It was coming from the stock H-pipe had something to do with the air flow. Once I installed American Racing Headers and X-pipe totally gone. Have someone lightly rev your car and listen in that general area. Hopefully this helps.
mpwr is offline   Reply With Quote