Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
lowering just the rear of the car...

Has anyone done this and have pictures?

My new ACS splitter > being dropped an inch and wonder if it'll look stupid putting the stock springs back on the front only. I figured, I thought of it, so SOMEONE must have done it.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
I would be more concerned about the difference in spring rates between OE and aftermarket front to rear. How much did your lowering springs drop your 5th Gen?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Just an inch. I'll probably just end up leaving it or putting them all back on. I'm just torn because the car looks fantastic with the one inch drop and the ACS splitter. Just scraped a couple of times around town and getting into my driveway, which isn't steep at all, is ridiculous. So either I raise it an inch to stock height or just drive around paranoid all the time looking good.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Lu did the Pedders fronts only to his Chantilly Lace......hit him up for his option.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Just an inch. I'll probably just end up leaving it or putting them all back on. I'm just torn because the car looks fantastic with the one inch drop and the ACS splitter. Just scraped a couple of times around town and getting into my driveway, which isn't steep at all, is ridiculous. So either I raise it an inch to stock height or just drive around paranoid all the time looking good.
Approach angles will make all the difference. Take them wide and slow. I have driven the Pedders USA Camaro cross country this low.

The only damge was caused by a suicidal racoon. The splitter cut him in half, but it did crack. The car would need to have been 6" higher to clear him. At least 6". A Camaro lowered an 1 to 1 1/2 inches is not much different than a Vette off the showroom floor. Be aware of where you are and where you are going. Use wide approach angles and you should be good to go.