Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,402
Eibach

I am sure someone here, or maybe a vendor knows... why is the price of Eibach sways and springs rather cheap in comparision to other reputable brands? It seems they all make a quality product, and a lot of happy customers on here have Eibach..

Reason I ask is I can pull Eibach for under 470 for the springs and sways... the other three to four top tier providers will come in well over 500.. generally in the 600-750.

Also, it seems Eibach is the only supplier that has angle or flex in the rear sway.
__________________
2011 2SS/RS
Performance: 439 RWHP A6: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, FTI Converter, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Appearance:Smoked side markers and black bowties. Blk / Blue Carbon Fiber interior trim.

Next in order: F14s, 3.70 gears, DSS Axles, End links/Toe rods/trailing arms, Ported heads, S/C.







1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!

Last edited by brantley847; 08-25-2011 at 01:23 PM.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I am sure someone here, or maybe a vendor knows... why is the price of Eibach sways and springs rather cheap in comparision to other reputable brands? It seems they all make a quality product, and a lot of happy customers on here have Eibach..

Reason I ask is I can pull Eibach for under 470 for the springs and sways... the other three to four top tier providers will come in well over 500.. generally in the 600-750.

Also, it seems Eibach is the only supplier that has angle or flex in the rear sway.
+1 great post, buddy...
__________________
2011 2SS/RS
Performance: 439 RWHP A6: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, FTI Converter, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Appearance:Smoked side markers and black bowties. Blk / Blue Carbon Fiber interior trim.

Next in order: F14s, 3.70 gears, DSS Axles, End links/Toe rods/trailing arms, Ported heads, S/C.







1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
steeleshark2


 
steeleshark2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kingsland, Ga
Posts: 2,558
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE Ashen Grey
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,284
I would say look at the size of the various companies and the variety of products they offer. Eibach has a spring/sway,dampners/coil over set up for a long list of applications they make them for.

Many of the other vendors seem to be more focused on certain car manufacturers/models than Eibach. You make more product, you have more volume, you get bigger discounts in production, you can pass those savings along. I believe I have seen posts from BMR stating something similar.

From reading PQ's comments about Savini wheels, spending more doesn't always get you a better product, just a more expensive one...
__________________
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
I would say look at the size of the various companies and the variety of products they offer. Eibach has a spring/sway,dampners/coil over set up for a long list of applications they make them for.

Many of the other vendors seem to be more focused on certain car manufacturers/models than Eibach. You make more product, you have more volume, you get bigger discounts in production, you can pass those savings along. I believe I have seen posts from BMR stating something similar.

From reading PQ's comments about Savini wheels, spending more doesn't always get you a better product, just a more expensive one...
Great points, thanks... I take it you are happy with your purchase then

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Steele, I notice you did Eibach with hotchkis chassis brace? I have heard great things about their brace, you happy with the mix and match?

I am looking at hotckis chassic brace, Eibach springs and sways, and pedders bushings.
__________________
2011 2SS/RS
Performance: 439 RWHP A6: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, FTI Converter, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Appearance:Smoked side markers and black bowties. Blk / Blue Carbon Fiber interior trim.

Next in order: F14s, 3.70 gears, DSS Axles, End links/Toe rods/trailing arms, Ported heads, S/C.







1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
steeleshark2


 
steeleshark2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kingsland, Ga
Posts: 2,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Great points, thanks... I take it you are happy with your purchase then



Steele, I notice you did Eibach with hotchkis chassis brace? I have heard great things about their brace, you happy with the mix and match?

I am looking at hotckis chassic brace, Eibach springs and sways, and pedders bushings.
I really like my setup. I have also given others a ride and want this kind of setup. I never did this but check the diameter/stiffness of the Eibacks and another companies sways. I do not know if Eiback is different then others. Also, if you are going to do sways, make sure you get endlinks and lower control arm reinforcement brackets. Once my shocks die (not that I have any issues with them), I am thinking about the Eiback coilovers.

Last edited by steeleshark2; 08-25-2011 at 08:36 PM.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
steeleshark2


 
steeleshark2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kingsland, Ga
Posts: 2,558
One other thing, PM APEXCHASE. He may be able to work a deal with you that you may not be able to walk away from when buying multiple parts. Let him know I sent ya.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE Ashen Grey
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,284
[QUOTE=brantley847;3671143]Great points, thanks... I take it you are happy with your purchase then


Yes, I am happy with my choice of all my various suspension parts. I have run Eibach Springs/Sways on numerous cars and always liked the handling...
__________________
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
steeleshark2


 
steeleshark2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kingsland, Ga
Posts: 2,558
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #10
axis
Search Ninja
 
axis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Ark
Posts: 7,192
Does anyone really think Eibach is just as good as Pfadt, Pedders, or even BMR or Hotchkis? Eibachs are cheaper because they are made cheaper and are mass produced. From what I've seen, they don't have very good customer service either. Can you pick up the phone and get ahold of the head of the company? I've talked to Aaron Pfadt a couple times and I'm sure Pete (Pedders) is pretty accessable as well. From your mods list, I don't see where you cheaped out on any of the performance parts. Why are you wanting to do that with your suspension?
__________________
2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Halltech CF 102 fed
GPI modded intake manifold
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:41 AM   #11
Ucantctchme
 
Ucantctchme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ss. 1990 RS the faster one.
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orlando
Posts: 528
I think you will be fine with the Eibach set up. The amount of drop, spring rate and your desired outcome are far more important than forum support or biased opinions. I think your best bet is to drive a car with lowering springs and sways (classic camaro cfl?), then compare the spring rates. FWIW I haven't heard of any gen5 camaro Eibach failures to date.
Ucantctchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #12
FEN

 
FEN's Avatar
 
Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Does anyone really think Eibach is just as good as Pfadt, Pedders, or even BMR or Hotchkis? Eibachs are cheaper because they are made cheaper and are mass produced. From what I've seen, they don't have very good customer service either. Can you pick up the phone and get ahold of the head of the company? I've talked to Aaron Pfadt a couple times and I'm sure Pete (Pedders) is pretty accessable as well. From your mods list, I don't see where you cheaped out on any of the performance parts. Why are you wanting to do that with your suspension?

When i purchased my Eibachs two years ago there were only two mfg's offering springs at that time and one was always out of stock.No one had released coil overs yet. So Eibach was the only choice for a 1" drop. I have had these springs for two years now and i can tell you first hand the ride quality and handling is excellent.I have never driven a car outfitted with another brand spring to copmpare but really dont feel i have to because i cant see how there could possibly be any noticeable difference.

You state they are mass produced....you think other mfgr's have some old timer making them one at a time by hand. All mfgr's mass produce their springs. No company is going to tool up for production and make one set of springs.No company makes their springs per order.

You say "from what I've seen, they dont have very good customer service either"...well i have contacted them several times and have no complaints on their customer service.I see no reason to speak to the "head" of any company as long as i can reach a knowledgable person who can accurately answer my questions.UNLESS you have personally had an issue with their customer service i cant see how you can jump to conclusions. If you heard a story second hand....just remember that every story has TWO sides.

I have enough funds available to install ANY brand of spring or coil overs that i want. If the Eibachs were no good, handled badly, etc i would have replaced them by now.I guess the biggest question to ask is....have you even driven a car with these springs to make a true comparison or are you just throwing your OPINION out there w/no real "first hand" experience?

Personally, i feel that you cant go wrong with ANY of the big names....Eibach,Pfadt,Pedders,BMR,Hotckis,etc. I think they all should give aprox the same results.
__________________
CCW polished 505a's
Front 20x10 w/275/40/20's
Rear 20x11.5 w/305/35/20's
Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit
Factory GFX
MPD1 spoiler
painted bowties
15% tint

Last edited by FEN; 08-27-2011 at 08:11 AM.
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #13
2quick

 
Drives: none
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: in the front
Posts: 1,151
Well there are a lot of factors that go into cost of a product. Type of material. Not only just the type but where the material was produced from. The type of manufacturing that goes into a bar. There are plenty of ways to bend a bar. Some are more costly but yet produce a better quality bar. An example is the type of end that is on a bar. Some coin or smash the end. Some make a CNC billet end and then weld it to the bar. This is typically stronger as you don't change the metallurgy of the metal. The grain structure changes when you heat it up and smash it. These are just a few factors. In no way am i trying to put down any other brands so please don't take this to be about a specific brand or bar.

Hope this helps.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #14
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Does anyone really think Eibach is just as good as Pfadt, Pedders, or even BMR or Hotchkis? Eibachs are cheaper because they are made cheaper and are mass produced. From what I've seen, they don't have very good customer service either. Can you pick up the phone and get ahold of the head of the company? I've talked to Aaron Pfadt a couple times and I'm sure Pete (Pedders) is pretty accessable as well. From your mods list, I don't see where you cheaped out on any of the performance parts. Why are you wanting to do that with your suspension?
That is why I asked.. I haven't met anyone who has Eibach who has any complaints. Yet, it seems there are a ton of users who state it is a cheap product or "if you lift your car, the damn thing will uncoil itself". Is that even possible?.. I mean we aren't talking about OBX here..

It seems everyone has mass produced springs... maybe excluding Pedders? Sways may be a different story, but springs seems to be consistently mass produced. They are cold wound, just as Hotchkis, BMR, and so on... I want a 1 inch drop, I do not care for the 1.25+ drops. That is where I finalized it and Eibach made the cut...

I will still be implementing Pedders bushings, as well as Hotchkis chassis brace and strut tower regardless who I choose for sways and springs. As FEN stated, I was under the impression the big 5 (pfadt, eibach, hotchkis, pedders, and BMR) won't have much drop off from one another... we also have to factor in what this vehicle is for me. It is primary a weekend driver when I am not in my work vehicle... no plans to auto cross, MAYBE the strip once a year.

Also, thanks FEN and Quick for your response... I may contact Eibach and try to figure out why they choose or what the benefit is to the bend they have in the rear bar that seems no one else has..
__________________
2011 2SS/RS
Performance: 439 RWHP A6: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, FTI Converter, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Appearance:Smoked side markers and black bowties. Blk / Blue Carbon Fiber interior trim.

Next in order: F14s, 3.70 gears, DSS Axles, End links/Toe rods/trailing arms, Ported heads, S/C.







1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #15
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE Ashen Grey
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Does anyone really think Eibach is just as good as Pfadt, Pedders, or even BMR or Hotchkis? Eibachs are cheaper because they are made cheaper and are mass produced. From what I've seen, they don't have very good customer service either. Can you pick up the phone and get ahold of the head of the company? I've talked to Aaron Pfadt a couple times and I'm sure Pete (Pedders) is pretty accessable as well. From your mods list, I don't see where you cheaped out on any of the performance parts. Why are you wanting to do that with your suspension?
Yes I do. More expensive does not always equal better quality.
__________________
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #16
axis
Search Ninja
 
axis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Ark
Posts: 7,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEN View Post
When i purchased my Eibachs two years ago there were only two mfg's offering springs at that time and one was always out of stock.No one had released coil overs yet. So Eibach was the only choice for a 1" drop. I have had these springs for two years now and i can tell you first hand the ride quality and handling is excellent.I have never driven a car outfitted with another brand spring to copmpare but really dont feel i have to because i cant see how there could possibly be any noticeable difference.

You state they are mass produced....you think other mfgr's have some old timer making them one at a time by hand. All mfgr's mass produce their springs. No company is going to tool up for production and make one set of springs.No company makes their springs per order.

You say "from what I've seen, they dont have very good customer service either"...well i have contacted them several times and have no complaints on their customer service.I see no reason to speak to the "head" of any company as long as i can reach a knowledgable person who can accurately answer my questions.UNLESS you have personally had an issue with their customer service i cant see how you can jump to conclusions. If you heard a story second hand....just remember that every story has TWO sides.

I have enough funds available to install ANY brand of spring or coil overs that i want. If the Eibachs were no good, handled badly, etc i would have replaced them by now.I guess the biggest question to ask is....have you even driven a car with these springs to make a true comparison or are you just throwing your OPINION out there w/no real "first hand" experience?

Personally, i feel that you cant go wrong with ANY of the big names....Eibach,Pfadt,Pedders,BMR,Hotckis,etc. I think they all should give aprox the same results.
I ran Eibach prokits on my Talon TSI back in the day. I did have a problem with them and the consistent answer, when I could actually talk to someone, was "we haven't heard of that issue". When you make springs for just about every car on the planet, do you really think the "knowledgeable" guy sitting behind the customer service desk is going to know what might be going on with your Camaro?

You stated that when you bought springs there were only two sets available and the other was all was out of stock. Doesn't sound like they were mass produced to me. By mass produced, I mean they make thousands of sets for all different kinds of cars. I never said they were total crap, just that they aren't of the quality of Pfadt, pedders, etc. As 2Quick posted, there are many factors that go into making a spring. Research and testing plays a big part as well. I do find it funny that Eibach totally batched their front sway adjustment holes. That's some mighty good research on their part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
That is why I asked.. I haven't met anyone who has Eibach who has any complaints. Yet, it seems there are a ton of users who state it is a cheap product or "if you lift your car, the damn thing will uncoil itself". Is that even possible?.. I mean we aren't talking about OBX here..

It seems everyone has mass produced springs... maybe excluding Pedders? Sways may be a different story, but springs seems to be consistently mass produced. They are cold wound, just as Hotchkis, BMR, and so on... I want a 1 inch drop, I do not care for the 1.25+ drops. That is where I finalized it and Eibach made the cut...

I will still be implementing Pedders bushings, as well as Hotchkis chassis brace and strut tower regardless who I choose for sways and springs. As FEN stated, I was under the impression the big 5 (pfadt, eibach, hotchkis, pedders, and BMR) won't have much drop off from one another... we also have to factor in what this vehicle is for me. It is primary a weekend driver when I am not in my work vehicle... no plans to auto cross, MAYBE the strip once a year.

Also, thanks FEN and Quick for your response... I may contact Eibach and try to figure out why they choose or what the benefit is to the bend they have in the rear bar that seems no one else has..
Why do you have a problem with OBX? They've been shown to make great HP, are made from the 304SS, have good fitment, and are priced less than half of Kooks or ARH. I would say they are a good comparison. Not all springs are cold wound. Pedders isn't I know, as Pete has pointed out in many threads. Not sure about the others. IMO, if there was a HUGE price difference, I might feel differently about Eibachs but the fact is, there isn't much. Why are you dead set on Pedders bushings and Hotchkis chasis brace? There are cheaper options out there. Poly is poly and a brace is a brace, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Yes I do. More expensive does not always equal better quality.
I'm not talking price difference, i'm talking quality difference. Yes the others are more expensive but you're only talking $50 between Eibach and Pfadt springs and $130 between the Spring/sways kits. That's not like the $500+ difference between some of the headers and some will defend that price difference to their grave. If you really feel that Eibachs are just as good as any of the others on the market, then the price difference will be stupid to you. As I said before, I don't think Eibachs are crap. I think they are a budget spring. Do I think they are on par with the better companies that actually test their springs in racing and DD situations, not even close.
__________________
2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Halltech CF 102 fed
GPI modded intake manifold
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #17
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Why do you have a problem with OBX? They've been shown to make great HP, are made from the 304SS, have good fitment, and are priced less than half of Kooks or ARH. I would say they are a good comparison.

Not all springs are cold wound. Pedders isn't I know, as Pete has pointed out in many threads. Not sure about the others. IMO, if there was a HUGE price difference, I might feel differently about Eibachs but the fact is, there isn't much. Why are you dead set on Pedders bushings and Hotchkis chasis brace? There are cheaper options out there. Poly is poly and a brace is a brace, isn't it?

I'm not talking price difference, i'm talking quality difference. Yes the others are more expensive but you're only talking $50 between Eibach and Pfadt springs and $130 between the Spring/sways kits. That's not like the $500+ difference between some of the headers and some will defend that price difference to their grave. If you really feel that Eibachs are just as good as any of the others on the market, then the price difference will be stupid to you. As I said before, I don't think Eibachs are crap. I think they are a budget spring. Do I think they are on par with the better companies that actually test their springs in racing and DD situations, not even close.
My reference was more along the lines of when you stated that I didn't cheap out on previous purchases...

OBX...I just don't believe the compound is what they claim. However, no sense in discussing that here, I suppose...

The whole purpose for me posting this case is that there IS a substantial price difference between all of these companies. I have found two vendors who sell this Pro plus kit (sways/springs) for 450 or less with free shipping. Yes, Eibach retails at 650.

I have not found one company or vendor who will sell me Hotckis, Pedders, Pfadt stage 1 kits (meaing BOTH sways and springs) for less than 550-600 after shipping.

A 450 price tag versus a product that is 600-800 is a substantial price difference. We are talking 25-40% off... I was curious WHY. Eibach is not the only company that is cold wound. So the quality is in the sways? Or is it because they use the same set up for a completely different auto make and model? I don't see how that would work, I guess?

Two of our BEST vendors (in relation to price and customer service ) on Camaro5 sell Hotchkis stage 1 for over 800. Pfadt for 600. Pedders Coils only are 380-400. Maybe I could receive great discounted pricing if there was a pedders supplier around here, but unfortunately the closest is 2.5 hours away...

If money was not an obstacle, I think Pedders, Pfadt, Hotckis stand seem to have the biggest following here....there usually is very good reason for that. Just as ARH, SW, and Kooks have huge followings here...Their quality speaks for itself. However, money is... so my thought process is does BMR or Eibach REALLY fall behind these two companies for a daily driver that is taken to a strip once a year? That is all I am asking... I can buy BMR or Eibach NOW, or probably have to wait a whole year to drop 600-800 (another 140 for install and alignment) instead of 400.

The reason I mention pedders for bushings is because their prices are comparable to every else and yes, I do believe they make the best product. They preach and research sub frame inserts...

As far as the chassis brace, well I just like hotchkis' design, honestly lol...
__________________
2011 2SS/RS
Performance: 439 RWHP A6: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, FTI Converter, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Appearance:Smoked side markers and black bowties. Blk / Blue Carbon Fiber interior trim.

Next in order: F14s, 3.70 gears, DSS Axles, End links/Toe rods/trailing arms, Ported heads, S/C.







1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!

Last edited by brantley847; 08-27-2011 at 03:08 PM.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #18
caper

 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal, I.E.
Posts: 1,325
brantley, i am having the same issues...i am looking to buy some suspension parts, and i dont want to spend my hard earned money on something that doesnt work well, but at the same time, i dont have money to spend on the more expensive brands...i have been reading a lot on here and the posts from the various companies have been GREAT!! and if I had unlimited funds, i know which i would go with - and some here do have money to spend so they do go with these companies. i honestly dont have a bunch so i am piecing things together...looking at lg motorsports sways first, pedders bushings, and then hotchkis brace and tower along with some pfadt parts at some point, lol. i would really like to keep it all one company, but they each make some parts i think are best value for my dollar...if i had the coin to drop...it would be all one company
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
FEN

 
FEN's Avatar
 
Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I ran Eibach prokits on my Talon TSI back in the day. I did have a problem with them and the consistent answer, when I could actually talk to someone, was "we haven't heard of that issue". When you make springs for just about every car on the planet, do you really think the "knowledgeable" guy sitting behind the customer service desk is going to know what might be going on with your Camaro?

You stated that when you bought springs there were only two sets available and the other was all was out of stock. Doesn't sound like they were mass produced to me. By mass produced, I mean they make thousands of sets for all different kinds of cars. I never said they were total crap, just that they aren't of the quality of Pfadt, pedders, etc. As 2Quick posted, there are many factors that go into making a spring. Research and testing plays a big part as well. I do find it funny that Eibach totally batched their front sway adjustment holes. That's some mighty good research on their part.



Why do you have a problem with OBX? They've been shown to make great HP, are made from the 304SS, have good fitment, and are priced less than half of Kooks or ARH. I would say they are a good comparison. Not all springs are cold wound. Pedders isn't I know, as Pete has pointed out in many threads. Not sure about the others. IMO, if there was a HUGE price difference, I might feel differently about Eibachs but the fact is, there isn't much. Why are you dead set on Pedders bushings and Hotchkis chasis brace? There are cheaper options out there. Poly is poly and a brace is a brace, isn't it?



I'm not talking price difference, i'm talking quality difference. Yes the others are more expensive but you're only talking $50 between Eibach and Pfadt springs and $130 between the Spring/sways kits. That's not like the $500+ difference between some of the headers and some will defend that price difference to their grave. If you really feel that Eibachs are just as good as any of the others on the market, then the price difference will be stupid to you. As I said before, I don't think Eibachs are crap. I think they are a budget spring. Do I think they are on par with the better companies that actually test their springs in racing and DD situations, not even close.
When i purchased my Eibach springs, the "other" company had the springs listed on their site and kept promising them but they never came.This was due to the fact that they were just beginning to produce them.Now they are mass produced like any other spring.


You suggest that the OP should not buy Eibach springs because they are cheap but when the OP states he wants Pedders bushings and a Hotchkis brace you then say....Why get that when there are CHEAPER options out there. If poly is poly and a brace is a brace then isnt a spring a spring.


You say that you feel that Eibach is not on par with "better companies" because they do not actually test their springs on race cars and DD situations....Once again personal opinion,speculation and no facts.

Bottom line is that we might as well just agree to disagree. I have had them for two years and they perform just fine and thats from first hand experience.
__________________
CCW polished 505a's
Front 20x10 w/275/40/20's
Rear 20x11.5 w/305/35/20's
Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit
Factory GFX
MPD1 spoiler
painted bowties
15% tint

Last edited by FEN; 08-27-2011 at 06:14 PM.
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #20
Sack Rat 2SS

 
Sack Rat 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DFW area, Texas
Posts: 827
[QUOTE=FEN;3677297]When i purchased my Eibachs two years ago there were only two mfg's offering springs at that time and one was always out of stock.No one had released coil overs yet. So Eibach was the only choice for a 1" drop. I have had these springs for two years now and i can tell you first hand the ride quality and handling is excellent.I have never driven a car outfitted with another brand spring to copmpare but really dont feel i have to because i cant see how there could possibly be any noticeable difference.

Like FEN above I bought Eibach bars/springs two years ago and was looking for a 1 inch drop maximum. Most of the others drop way too far IMHO. I do not like the fender lip too close to the top of the tire. No rattles or problems in two years. I do not autocross or roadrace but was looking for a simple improvement over the factory suspension at a reasonable price. I have since added solid pfadt rear subframe bushings which helped the Eibach's even more.
__________________
Silver 2SS/RS Man/6
CTS-V front 6-Piston Calipers,
ADM Dual Fuel Delivery
GM 3.91 Rear Gears
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #21
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
brantley, i am having the same issues...i am looking to buy some suspension parts, and i dont want to spend my hard earned money on something that doesnt work well, but at the same time, i dont have money to spend on the more expensive brands...i have been reading a lot on here and the posts from the various companies have been GREAT!! and if I had unlimited funds, i know which i would go with - and some here do have money to spend so they do go with these companies. i honestly dont have a bunch so i am piecing things together...looking at lg motorsports sways first, pedders bushings, and then hotchkis brace and tower along with some pfadt parts at some point, lol. i would really like to keep it all one company, but they each make some parts i think are best value for my dollar...if i had the coin to drop...it would be all one company
I do recall some guys on here having issues if they mix and match the sways and springs due to companies having varying tension between them.. So keep those together... I think we are good to mix and match the links, chassis brace, bushings, and strut tower.

I will shoot you a PM on the prices I found today...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post

Like FEN above I bought Eibach bars/springs two years ago and was looking for a 1 inch drop maximum. Most of the others drop way too far IMHO. I do not like the fender lip too close to the top of the tire. No rattles or problems in two years. I do not autocross or roadrace but was looking for a simple improvement over the factory suspension at a reasonable price. I have since added solid pfadt rear subframe bushings which helped the Eibach's even more.
Exactly my thought... I want handling improvement, obviously. Pedders sub frame inserts will address the issues that Pete has mentioned a many time on here... Maryland speed has a great price on the Hotchkis Chassis brace and strut tower, and I did not want to drop more than 1 inch. That is where Eibach comes into play. I recall a few autocross guys saying 1-1.5 drops are optimal... but there are so many areas where I fear a 1.5 would scrape my brace or headers. 1 inch has been the biggest appeal.
__________________
2011 2SS/RS
Performance: 439 RWHP A6: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, FTI Converter, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Appearance:Smoked side markers and black bowties. Blk / Blue Carbon Fiber interior trim.

Next in order: F14s, 3.70 gears, DSS Axles, End links/Toe rods/trailing arms, Ported heads, S/C.







1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #22
caper

 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal, I.E.
Posts: 1,325
im not doin drop springs...dont wanna lower the car.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #23
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE Ashen Grey
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,284
I personally am waiting for Eibach to release their Pro Dampners for the Camaro to match with the springs/sways, which are still in development. I can afford to buy any components I want, but I look for value in my purchases.
__________________
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #24
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
I personally am waiting for Eibach to release their Pro Dampners for the Camaro to match with the springs/sways, which are still in development. I can afford to buy any components I want, but I look for value in my purchases.
may be a stupid question, but I am still trying to teach myself suspension components.. what are pros and cons to dampeners?
__________________
2011 2SS/RS
Performance: 439 RWHP A6: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, FTI Converter, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Appearance:Smoked side markers and black bowties. Blk / Blue Carbon Fiber interior trim.

Next in order: F14s, 3.70 gears, DSS Axles, End links/Toe rods/trailing arms, Ported heads, S/C.







1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #25
axis
Search Ninja
 
axis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Ark
Posts: 7,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEN View Post
When i purchased my Eibach springs, the "other" company had the springs listed on their site and kept promising them but they never came.This was due to the fact that they were just beginning to produce them.Now they are mass produced like any other spring.


You suggest that the OP should not buy Eibach springs because they are cheap but when the OP states he wants Pedders bushings and a Hotchkis brace you then say....Why get that when there are CHEAPER options out there. If poly is poly and a brace is a brace then isnt a spring a spring.


You say that you feel that Eibach is not on par with "better companies" because they do not actually test their springs on race cars and DD situations....Once again personal opinion,speculation and no facts.

Bottom line is that we might as well just agree to disagree. I have had them for two years and they perform just fine and thats from first hand experience.
Obviously, you didn't catch the "isn't it" on the end with a smiley. Why cheap out on a set of springs when you won't cheap out on other parts. No I don't think Poly is Poly, a brace is a brace, or a spring is a spring. So how would you know if any of the others are better since you've never run anything but Eibach? Can you honestly tell me that Eibach takes every car that they make springs for, out on the track and abuses the crap out of them to find the right spring rate? I honestly don't know but I highly doubt it. Can you confirm that they do, or are you just speculating as well?

Can you show me a single post where I advised Brantley or anyone else to NOT buy Eibachs? Damn, you're almost as good at reading things into my words as my wife. He didn't say he wanted to buy Eibachs and I jumped in to convince him otherwise. He asked a question and I answered it. If you don't like my answer or disagree with it, that's fine. State your facts, and show the data to support it and Brantley can make up his own mind. You accused me of not showing any facts, can you produce the facts to state otherwise?
__________________
2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Halltech CF 102 fed
GPI modded intake manifold
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Springs & Sway Bar Deals: Eibach, B&G, H&R (Wholesale) MJM Distributing Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 79 03-13-2013 06:32 AM
*/* Eibach Pro-Street S Coilovers and Multi Pro R2 Coilovers */* ImportImage Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 38 11-02-2010 11:07 AM
Want to Lower Your Camaro? Step Inside! Eibach Springs and Sways Now Shipping! Kris@BMCPerformance Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 20 01-15-2010 09:09 PM
Eibach Lowering Springs and Sway Bars Now Shipping @ BMC Performance Kris@BMCPerformance Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 6 11-14-2009 08:34 PM
Eibach Pro-Plus Kit SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SupremacyCustoms Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 0 11-03-2009 01:57 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.