Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Coilovers in the near future - Is it dumb/crazy to mix match?

I am your occasional autox & road course guy.

I like what I read about the front Coilovers on the pfadts(inverted design), but like the pricing on the Pedders xa.

Would it be dumb/crazy to install for the front Coilovers from pfadt and the rears from pedders?
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
I can't speak for pfadtracing or Pedders directly but coilovers are designed as a package. Spring range dampening range etc. Mixing the two solutions would more than likely not be advised.
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
I can't speak for pfadtracing or Pedders directly but coilovers are designed as a package. Spring range dampening range etc. Mixing the two solutions would more than likely not be advised.
Resist this....
Old 08-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
+1

Unless you do extensive research, I would not mix.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2010 camaro
We have installed both the Pedders and the Pfadt both are nice kits.I like the Pedders for the occasional trck day and the Pfaft for more competition set up.Just my thoughts both.Wehave Pedders on our shop car they ride great and handle very nice,both are gm approved parts.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Like a Donkey with the rear end of a horse. . Don't even think about it.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

With 30 settings on both I was thinking they must be pretty close in feel. However it looks like its not a good thing.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@raymondsperformance View Post
We have installed both the Pedders and the Pfadt both are nice kits.I like the Pedders for the occasional trck day and the Pfaft for more competition set up.Just my thoughts both.Wehave Pedders on our shop car they ride great and handle very nice,both are gm approved parts.
Thanks for the info.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I thought Pfadt had 0-20 settings and Pedders had 0-30.

Personally I wouldn't mix. Heck....do either sell just the front or rears? I thought they were always a set of 4?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #10
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Hey guys, interesting question. Couple things to keep in mind though, just because 2 dampers have the same number of adjustments doesn't make the two dampers close to the same. We custom designed our damper rates specifically for the Camaro to provide the comfort and handling levels which we demand from our system. Two coilovers designed by 2 different companies will not perform the same at the same adjustment position.

We would strongly suggest not mixing and matching coilover products from different manufacturers. While that kind of setup would mechanically work, it wouldn't meet the goals of either manufacturer. For best performance stick with one brand you feel offers the best solution for your needs. Our Coilover packages are sold as an upgrade for your entire vehicle, and currently we do not offer just rear or front packages.

If you have any questions please let us know! You can reach us at 888-972-2464, Monday - Friday or info@pfadtracing.com !
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #11
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post

I like what I read about the front Coilovers on the pfadts(inverted design), but like the pricing on the Pedders xa.

Would it be dumb/crazy to install for the front Coilovers from pfadt and the rears from pedders?
Using a set of coilovers from the same company will deliver the best result. That is why they are sold in sets of four.

Btw: GM's INDY and NASCAR Camaro Pace Cars ride on Pedders Xa coilovers
Old 08-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #12
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post

Looks like you got your answer. Awesome support here from either company.
I just want to point out that the Pfadt coilovers use an inverted design on both the front and the rear. Not just the front
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote