Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #69
spi
 
spi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburg, KS/ Joplin, MO
Posts: 414
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
thank you for taking the time to write that up number 3, we all appreciate it
__________________
2010 CAMARO 2SS
ORDERED OCT. 13,2008
DELIVERED JUNE 2, 2009

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #70
gen5-ss
 
gen5-ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 53
Gramp's Camaro

Thanks codykniffen but I had tried that as well and got the following:

Y_jiE:m?.pu?Y7`[??Ka??ԫMeX?87W?iwQb*X?%5@?eXuL? Hki+} bk*?Llq0ba>0]Plhr2?0Y0f?*?n!(2X?2?ԬD+%t.q

As you can see, it is not readable. Any other suggestions?


gen5-ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #71
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen5-ss View Post
Thanks codykniffen but I had tried that as well and got the following:

Y_jiE:m?.pu?Y7`[??Ka??ԫMeX?87W?iwQb*X?%5@?eXuL? Hki+} bk*?Llq0ba>0]Plhr2?0Y0f?*?n!(2X?2?ԬD+%t.q

As you can see, it is not readable. Any other suggestions?


If you send me a PM with your email address, I will copy the document in the body of the email for you.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #72
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS
 
EarliestMemory's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 577
Sounds like you might need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader, gen5-ss. It's free, and available from www.adobe.com.

And much thanks to Number 3 for the write up! I just got back from a car show where a couple guys were grousing about the trunk, and I mentioned your golf bag video.
__________________
EarliestMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #73
gen5-ss
 
gen5-ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 53
Gramp's Camaro

PM to Number 3

Thanks so much for your response. You can send me an email at Vette7t8@cs.com.

You are the man!!!

: chevy:
gen5-ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #74
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen5-ss View Post
PM to Number 3

Thanks so much for your response. You can send me an email at Vette7t8@cs.com.

You are the man!!!

: chevy:
On it's way to you.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #75
b4z

 
Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '09 V8 SRX RWD
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,286
codykniffen,

thanks for the pdf!
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #76
NSCRFN3
 
NSCRFN3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RJT 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 3613′12″N 8220′17″W
Posts: 500
Question For Number 3

Thanks for the review #3. All your posts have been great and I personally, like so many others, have really enjoyed all you've posted. I do have a question though. Out of curosity will you get a vert ctf when they're available? Or do you know? I hope so because I wouldn't want to learn about it from no one else! You are the Man!
__________________
NSCRFN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #77
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSCRFN3 View Post
Thanks for the review #3. All your posts have been great and I personally, like so many others, have really enjoyed all you've posted. I do have a question though. Out of curosity will you get a vert ctf when they're available? Or do you know? I hope so because I wouldn't want to learn about it from no one else! You are the Man!
I can assure you I will do all in my negotiating power to get on that CTF list. There are no guarantees, though. Getting on the CTF list will be hard I'm sure.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #78
soverydeb
 
Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wichita
Posts: 367
Thanks Number3 for the review! I was one of those that took a leap of faith when I drove down to the dealership, plunked down some cash, and got on the preorder list..all without ever seeing one in person, sitting in it...NOTHING. Looks like I did good with the 2LT...my husband said I didn't need the horses the SS has, although the cops would probably disagree..but, THANKS AGAIN for the honest review! I can hardly wait until I get the keys and drive away!!!!
soverydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #79
Ant

 
Drives: 2014 Mazda3 :-/
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 848
That review was really helpful, thank you for that!

I'm thinking of changing my order to red!
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #80
ChevyBoiSS
 
ChevyBoiSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 302
thanks for sharing... very informative!
__________________

Thinking bout Victory Red 1SS/RS with Matte Black Custom Stripes. Automatic Transmission (L99)
and apparently a $900 dollar whole in my roof.


OHH.. DID I MENTION 24" off THE GROUND?!
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #81
Steve
Ancalagon The Black
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upstate - NY
Posts: 896
Thanks for the great write up Number 3. Makes me want it even more (And I am not sure how that is possible!).

Long Live Camaro!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #82
playhard67
come to poppa
 
playhard67's Avatar
 
Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,100
Thanks for the write-up and your thoughts. I continue to wait and wait and wait for delivery of my beast.
__________________

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #83
liberty
Garage Queens - Not
 
liberty's Avatar
 
Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 90
Ordering anomalies

Its informative having GM employees interaction thanks for the input.

Here are two ordering anomalies for possible future correction:

1) On 2SS models, leather heated seats are mandatory so one ends up with a car that is recommended to be driven in the summer only (summer tires), but with heated seats that are for use in the winter. All Camaros should have all-season original equipment tires.

2) Leather seating should be a stand-alone option not an over $3k all-inclusive option. Having to suffer through summer months, on hot sweat-producing leather, to obtain other options is not good. An alternative solution is to offer cooled seats, especially for the south. Id actually prefer leather if the seats were cooled.

My last car purchased was a 2004 Malibu Maxx and I was able to get all desired options, including remote start and power-adjustable pedals, without leather.

To avoid the leather seating issue, as well as its cost, Ive changed my order from a 2SS to a 1SS missing out on many desired options.
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:55 PM   #84
justmeron

 
justmeron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 1,262
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Thanks for the review no. 3
I agree with the tires should be all season radials.
Also I have never had a hd radio or satelite radio etc. Can this radio still be used for free with radio stations picked up by an antena the old fashioned way?
__________________
2010 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Faded Black Side Vent Highlight Decal Kit

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:30 AM   #85
bobby35ny

 
bobby35ny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South East, FL
Posts: 1,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty View Post
Its informative having GM employees interaction thanks for the input.

Here are two ordering anomalies for possible future correction:

1) On 2SS models, leather heated seats are mandatory so one ends up with a car that is recommended to be driven in the summer only (summer tires), but with heated seats that are for use in the winter. All Camaros should have all-season original equipment tires.

2) Leather seating should be a stand-alone option not an over $3k all-inclusive option. Having to suffer through summer months, on hot sweat-producing leather, to obtain other options is not good. An alternative solution is to offer cooled seats, especially for the south. Id actually prefer leather if the seats were cooled.

My last car purchased was a 2004 Malibu Maxx and I was able to get all desired options, including remote start and power-adjustable pedals, without leather.

To avoid the leather seating issue, as well as its cost, Ive changed my order from a 2SS to a 1SS missing out on many desired options.
I'm in South FL, you know right next to the SUN!!

Both our cars have leather and the sun has never been a issue, turn on the A/C and a few min later the car/seats are cool. Leather cools fast, its a skin..

-bobby
__________________
ZL1::J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Songs About Camaros (for your driving pleasure) Emjay 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 74 12-18-2014 01:42 AM
2010 Camaro Review Compilation Tran Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 213 07-29-2011 02:59 PM
Did you get an order # or any refernce for your pre-order? D1BADZ Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 21 05-22-2009 06:39 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 06:33 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.