Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,271
4 link

has anyone yet done a solid 9inch with 4 link suspension...have not seen any , other then some stockers that are tubbed...saw some posts awhile back that some were thinking about it...anyone...speedster you went irs with all that power didn,t you..just feeling it out...
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
jrpxxii


 
jrpxxii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Posts: 3,197
I got to see one done first hand when my cage was done. Craig at Xtreme Innovations had a brand new 2010 Camaro that he did a solid 9" with the 4 link and you have to cut the S%$T out of the car to make this work and rearrange everything in the rear. It is very labor intensive and VERY $$$ to do this. I think you should follow the path Speedster and a few others are taking by doing the full 9" with IRS and change every bushing and other suspension pieces as these cars will do mid 8's with this setup and the right motor and trans. There are guys running in the 6 on IRS these days.
__________________
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
jrpxxii


 
jrpxxii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Posts: 3,197
I have replaced every part in my car that there is to replace and hope to put it thru the paces at the Holley LS Fest with the fastest LSX cars in the world. I hope to put my mark on the event.
__________________
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
I have replaced every part in my car that there is to replace and hope to put it thru the paces at the Holley LS Fest with the fastest LSX cars in the world. I hope to put my mark on the event.
ggod luck, and i did check out extreme,s website as they had some mention on a 4link..but not much info on the build..sorry ur not coming to pony wars. maybe next time..i do have the gforce,
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
jrpxxii


 
jrpxxii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Posts: 3,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
ggod luck, and i did check out extreme,s website as they had some mention on a 4link..but not much info on the build..sorry ur not coming to pony wars. maybe next time..i do have the gforce,
I am trying to get you some pics of the 4 link install as Craig should send me some pics tomorrow and I will post them up. I thought Pony Wars was in Oct? I am actually trying to make Sept 9-11 Holley LS Fest here in my hometown but we will see how everything goes this week. If not, I am focusing on Indy next.
__________________
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
I am trying to get you some pics of the 4 link install as Craig should send me some pics tomorrow and I will post them up. I thought Pony Wars was in Oct? I am actually trying to make Sept 9-11 Holley LS Fest here in my hometown but we will see how everything goes this week. If not, I am focusing on Indy next.
my bad, i was thinking you said the lsx shootout in indy..that is same weekend as pw
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
jrpxxii


 
jrpxxii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Posts: 3,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
my bad, i was thinking you said the lsx shootout in indy..that is same weekend as pw
That sucks they are the same weekend. Guess I will have to decide where to go.
__________________
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
Jchaluja

 
Jchaluja's Avatar
 
Drives: Twin Turbo Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,273
please keep us posted of your times and experiences at the Holley LS fest....video too please!! good luck!!
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMR END LINK FAILURE MARINE1991 Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 46 08-02-2011 08:07 AM
FUEL PRICES DAILY LINK SQUALO Canada 8 07-09-2011 11:31 AM
link to UK Knight scanner install? Agent Iroquois Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 1 06-08-2010 11:15 PM
Smokin Bowties Video Link JIGSAW USA - NY / NJ / PA 4 04-07-2010 03:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.