Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 08-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
IAINIDIRIEIWI
Automobile Rookie

Drives: 2011 Victory Red LS Stock Camaro
Questions about nitrous.

Ok guys, I have a stock v6 and I am seriously considering running a ZEX Nitrous set up. Upgrading to a v8 is too costly at the moment, so please don't bring that up

My questions are:

1. What engine parts would need an upgrade?
2. What kind of gauges for the interior would I need?
3. How much RWHP gain would I be looking at for the different boost levels?
IAINIDIRIEIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
DarkneSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
First of all, do lots of research! Nitrous can be quite safe if set up properly and used properly as well.

Technically do you need anything other than stock to run nitrous BUT as someone who has run nitrous Ill make my personal recommendation.

Minimum mods: Intake + catback
Recommended: intake + headers + cut outs. The cut outs should be placed as close as possible after the headers for best results. Youll see great gains running open headers + nitrous vs full exhaust + nitrous.

There is only one gauge in particular that you need and that generally will be wherever your bottle is mounted and that is your bottle pressure gauge. Bottle pressure is the most important value that needs to be monitored for running nitrous.

As for RWHP its really as much as you want. You can reasonably run up to a 125 shot so anywhere from about a low shot offering 30 whp to the 125 shot giving you about 115 whp.

Also umm, its not boost!

Hope this helps...
Old 08-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
I have a LS M6 and will be gettin my Nitrous setup put on this weekend as long as the window switch comes in... If you want i can send you a list of everything that is on my order form... I heard that zex kits were ok but my performance shop felt more comfortable putting on NX products... I am doing a 75 shot just to be safe.. They are going to tune it on a wide band and when i get enough money i am gonna have my car tuned by tampa tuning... As far as mods go right now... I have an injen longtube CAI and i have my exhaust straight piped... Probably will be doing headers in the future as well but i am a college student/athlete so its hard to get $$$. I have done a lot of reading and asking questions and besides those who hate on nitrous and v6 owners... everyone says its safe as long as you dont skimp on buying the right products....
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| subthump box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010 2LT RY, 2014 Silverado
I'm looking at a small shot Probaly 75... I've just got an intake and axleback. Just thought it would be sweet to have a little nitrous for fun. Nothin to crazy, but I want to do a good setup with safe products and not cut myself short. Would I need a tune just to add this if I'm not going to extreme?

Hypertech | Airaid | JBA Exhaust | RX Catch Can/CNC TB/Black Ice-Olator | Ported Intake/Heads | 1LE Brembos | F14's | RS Headlights | ZL1 Grille
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
no you dont need a tune... its just better.... im also doing the 75 shot... install is next friday... i cant wait
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| subthump box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote