Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 09-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Final187

Drives: 2011 black 2lt camaro
price to install nitrous

Got a quote of 600$ from a local shop and thought that was really high. I got the zex kit, purge kit and window switch and it cant take that long to install so why such a high price to install>?

What have you guys paid to have it installed?
Old 09-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
im payin 1400 total...
NX kit, Window switch, purge kit
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| subthump box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
Final187

That would be inline with me, I paid 800 for parts + 600 in labor would be 1400...
Old 09-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Amarr014
BAD BEE

ya that sounds fair to me... there is around 5 hours or so in work... then my place is gonna tune and test it on a wide band to get the air/fuel mixture correct...
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| subthump box|Scosche&kenwood|
Old 09-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
Tyler@ExtremePerformance

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Final187

The reason our price is that high is due to all the wiring, bottle mounting, running the lines through the firewall etc. We like to do top notch install just like many of the other shops on this forum. I apologize if the price seems high, but I have to cover my guys time, and make sure when you leave here that the install is done 100% professionally with all the proper connections etc. We only solider everything here no connectors of any sorts are used unless Molex ones that are professionaly done. We run a top notch shop with some of the best recurited techs we could find so peace of mind comes with that price. You can ask any members that have had any installs done here, and we are not out to get anyone or anything. The price is what it is and I apologize if it seems high. In reality it will probably take even longer than the quoted price, but we eat that to make sure the product you pick up is perfect and exactly what you want on completion. I really hope we haven't scared you away from having work done at our shop. As you saw we do great work, and there isn't really anything we can't handle. Hope to see your car in here and again sorry if the price seems high, but in reality it isn't to bad as Amarr014 even said. Have a good Wednesday and hope to hear from you soon!
Tyler@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
That price seems more than fair for a quality install...
h2oplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #7
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Omfg WAYYY too expensive!

Im serious when I say this, you need to install your nitrous kit yourself. You need to understand how it works and what goes where.

Especially if and when something isnt working correctly you can fix it yourself instead of having to bring it back to the shop and get owned with a large repair build.

The hardest part is running your wires from the engine bay into the cabin for all your various systems and switches, which isnt that difficult!

All you really need to know how to do is splice and connect ground and power wires...EASY!

Seriously do your research, it should only take a day. Then tackle the install in stages, do a couple hours a day. You will save a large amount of money and have the pride of putting it in yourself. And after you learn how to do it you can always charge locals that also want a system.

Sorry to try and steer people way from you Tyler but nitrous is a system I feel people should know how to set up so they know how it works.

Side note on my old car it took me about 5 hours of work to get it all set up. 2 of those hours though were spent fabbing up a completely custom intake and intake cover so my car appeared stock when you popped the hood. I also spent another hour modifying my sunglass flip down holder so all my switches would be hidden.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
Final187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@ExtremePerformance View Post
Final187

The reason our price is that high is due to all the wiring, bottle mounting, running the lines through the firewall etc. We like to do top notch install just like many of the other shops on this forum. I apologize if the price seems high, but I have to cover my guys time, and make sure when you leave here that the install is done 100% professionally with all the proper connections etc. We only solider everything here no connectors of any sorts are used unless Molex ones that are professionaly done. We run a top notch shop with some of the best recurited techs we could find so peace of mind comes with that price. You can ask any members that have had any installs done here, and we are not out to get anyone or anything. The price is what it is and I apologize if it seems high. In reality it will probably take even longer than the quoted price, but we eat that to make sure the product you pick up is perfect and exactly what you want on completion. I really hope we haven't scared you away from having work done at our shop. As you saw we do great work, and there isn't really anything we can't handle. Hope to see your car in here and again sorry if the price seems high, but in reality it isn't to bad as Amarr014 even said. Have a good Wednesday and hope to hear from you soon!
Just to clear things up, i posted this a while ago when i got a phone quote, i was actually at the shop yesterday and set up an appointment to get it installed by you! Its not that I thought you guys were expensive. I was trying to get a idea at what other people paid, and called a couple places including you and a few were cheaper but when i asked them what they were going to do i quickly found out why they were cheaper, and still decided to go with you.

As for installing it myself, its not a option for me at the moment, because of my schedule i am a person who takes pride in doing things myself, but i also know my time constraints and it would be a long time for me to get it done!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
Erik@lashway

Drives: Camaros, Vettes, Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Omfg WAYYY too expensive!

Im serious when I say this, you need to install your nitrous kit yourself. You need to understand how it works and what goes where.

Especially if and when something isnt working correctly you can fix it yourself instead of having to bring it back to the shop and get owned with a large repair build.

The hardest part is running your wires from the engine bay into the cabin for all your various systems and switches, which isnt that difficult!

All you really need to know how to do is splice and connect ground and power wires...EASY!

Seriously do your research, it should only take a day. Then tackle the install in stages, do a couple hours a day. You will save a large amount of money and have the pride of putting it in yourself. And after you learn how to do it you can always charge locals that also want a system.

Sorry to try and steer people way from you Tyler but nitrous is a system I feel people should know how to set up so they know how it works.

Side note on my old car it took me about 5 hours of work to get it all set up. 2 of those hours though were spent fabbing up a completely custom intake and intake cover so my car appeared stock when you popped the hood. I also spent another hour modifying my sunglass flip down holder so all my switches would be hidden.
im very sorry that you have to deal with shops that do installs that do not work later on, then charge to fix it again. we would warrenty it for years

the amount of wiring that goes in a full nitrous system with safety controls is pretty intense, the simple kits make it easier these days with built in controls.
Erik@lashway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #10
Tyler@ExtremePerformance

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
To clear things up we have a warranty on our installs don't want that to be confused from Lashway's post. Also we second Lashways comment the amount of wiring to do it all correctly is very much time consuming. I am always glad to see people tackle things on their own and we always are here to help and give advice just as the guys from Lashway and Torq do.
Tyler@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
Erik@lashway

Drives: Camaros, Vettes, Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@ExtremePerformance View Post
To clear things up we have a warranty on our installs don't want that to be confused from Lashway's post. Also we second Lashways comment the amount of wiring to do it all correctly is very much time consuming. I am always glad to see people tackle things on their own and we always are here to help and give advice just as the guys from Lashway and Torq do.
i must of used 30+ feet of wire on the last plate system i did. between the purge, solenoids, fuel presure switch, window swtich, electric TPS switch, relays, and control panel.

not to mention that when you pay for a quality install you get higher quality parts used and things like window switches mounted far away from radio and power interference.

600 is a great price

last thing: nitrous is probably the only thing you can do to a car that if it goes wrong once, you need a new motor.
Erik@lashway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #12
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LashwayMotorsports View Post
im very sorry that you have to deal with shops that do installs that do not work later on, then charge to fix it again. we would warrenty it for years

the amount of wiring that goes in a full nitrous system with safety controls is pretty intense, the simple kits make it easier these days with built in controls.
This is New York sadly I hate having to get warranty work done though because you can always run into problems with denial of warranty. Not saying you guys would do that but NY can be a sucky place to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final187 View Post

As for installing it myself, its not a option for me at the moment, because of my schedule i am a person who takes pride in doing things myself, but i also know my time constraints and it would be a long time for me to get it done!
Completely understandable, just make sure you understand how everything works. Warranty is not going to help you when you want to change out jet sizes and go fill up your tank etc.

ALSO make sure that anyone who fills up your bottle freezes it and holds it at least a day, that way you know they are doing it correctly. It is possible to get bullshit sulfur based crap that doesnt give you the correct performance, and they fill the tank in minutes which is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LashwayMotorsports View Post

last thing: nitrous is probably the only thing you can do to a car that if it goes wrong once, you need a new motor.
Thats not true you could just blow the intake into pieces and thats it. Ive seen it happen a few times actually.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #13
h2oplay
Winners find a way

That's some great advice darkness, especially about getting the bottle filled..... I'm installing a window switch which should help avoid the exploding intake....
Old 09-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #14
Amarr014
BAD BEE

dropped my baby off today and should pick it up sunday/monday with a nice little 75 shot of nitrous
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #15
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
That's some great advice darkness, especially about getting the bottle filled..... I'm installing a window switch which should help avoid the exploding intake....
I get excited about my nitrouses
Old 09-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #16
Amarr014
BAD BEE

so i had a leaky valve and get to pick mine up tomorrow!(evening) im getting excited
Old 09-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #17
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarr014 View Post
so i had a leaky valve and get to pick mine up tomorrow!(evening) im getting excited

Aren't you glad you had a professional install? You will love it....
Old 09-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #18
squirell

Drives: 2011 1LT
Why you guys going with such a small shot ?
Unless your gonna do 100-125 shot why bother ?
Rule of thumb is 50 % shot (MAX) of engine HP
1967 442 conv (clone)
squirell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #19
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirell View Post
What are you talking about? A LLT with just an intake and a 75 shot is probably making about 400 HP +-10 HP. That is a lot of power to have on tap...
Old 09-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirell View Post
i think its plenty of HP for the money and im not wanting to risk anything with 125 shot really..
Old 09-25-2011, 11:11 PM   #21
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarr014 View Post
i think its plenty of HP for the money and im not wanting to risk anything with 125 shot really..
You dont gotta answer to him at all man. Stock LLT makes 312 Hp, add ~15 more for your intake and youre at about 327. Assuming you have headers (str8 pipes in sig) you can safely add another 25. So figure 350 crank. A 75 shot is about 75 horsepower, so youre making about 425 hp on nitrous, tahts stock SS power, with less weight with the v6, and you paid less than 1/6 the cost of a turbo kit.

Haters can stfu about nitrous!

Btw if you get cut outs that open exhaust will help you make more like 445-455 on nitrous. Nitrous/Fi LOVES open exhaust.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #22
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Final187, $600 seems about right for the install and trust me you get what u pay for...go with a cheap install and you may suffer consequences...Just look at Extreme's Camaro's they are just amazing! They really do great installs on these cars. They take pride in their work and wont let you down.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #23
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Quote:
You dont gotta answer to him at all man. Stock LLT makes 312 Hp, add ~15 more for your intake and youre at about 327. Assuming you have headers (str8 pipes in sig) you can safely add another 25. So figure 350 crank. A 75 shot is about 75 horsepower, so youre making about 425 hp on nitrous, tahts stock SS power, with less weight with the v6, and you paid less than 1/6 the cost of a turbo kit.

Btw if you get cut outs that open exhaust will help you make more like 445-455 on nitrous. Nitrous/Fi LOVES open exhaust.
Thanks for the info about the cutouts! im still learning about the muscle car performance thing everyday... and ya i bought the cheapest camaro model because i knew i was gonna do my "own thing" to it... and hopefully get a lot more power for a lot less money... Really want cams for this thing tho :(
Old 09-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #24
squirell

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:

Hater ?????????
Damn,Darkness you are quick to judge.
My last car was a 95 Mark VIII 125 shot...Running low 12's
Great sleeper !
I have used Nitrous on all my daily drivers.
I plan on doing it to my Camaro as well.
Just sayin ...you can safely go with a bigger shot.
I will be soon.
1967 442 conv (clone)

Last edited by squirell; 09-27-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: added text
squirell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #25
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
So its $1400 installed with out a tune? And about 2k with a tune?

I really want to get spray but dont feel like spending 2k on it :(
Oh and is a 100 shot like guarenteed safe on this car if used and set up properly?
I want a hundred shot lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote