Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #86
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
nevermind, ill just say please quit following me around this forum and leave it at that.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #87
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
So I take it that is a "no".... you have nothing to back up your "ton of power" claim....
Scrming,

Why are being this way? I do not see the point of a dyno for every little mod that is done. I think his purpose was to INFORM people of his mods, ain't that what this forum is about, INFORMATION. If you don't like it or believe it then that is fine but it's like you are being a jerk.

I have seen alot of people post things here that seem a little skeptical but hey it's their car, Seems like the Beast is just doing what everyone else is doing, modding their car and posting what they are doing and the purported claims by the manufactor.

I don't think the designer of this website intended it to be a place to dog people out or belittle them. I am not a technical person and do like people posting their mods or products on this forum, whether I buy them or not is entirely up to me, but if people do what you do some will be a little less likely to post, So please stop the BS. Thanks
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #88
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
Scrming,

Why are being this way? I do not see the point of a dyno for every little mod that is done. I think his purpose was to INFORM people of his mods, ain't that what this forum is about, INFORMATION. If you don't like it or believe it then that is fine but it's like you are being a jerk.

I have seen alot of people post things here that seem a little skeptical but hey it's their car, Seems like the Beast is just doing what everyone else is doing, modding their car and posting what they are doing and the purported claims by the manufactor.

I don't think the designer of this website intended it to be a place to dog people out or belittle them. I am not a technical person and do like people posting their mods or products on this forum, whether I buy them or not is entirely up to me, but if people do what you do some will be a little less likely to post, So please stop the BS. Thanks
If you post that a mod gave you "a ton of power" than you should expect to be asked to show some sort of proof... It's not BS... Would you react the same way if I said I added a bunch of stickers to my car and added 50 HP...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #89
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
well when the day comes that stickers do indeed give extra power then umm no i still wont ask to see dyno test for the result cause i wouldnt really care come to think of it..its my opinion like i stated before that the mod gave it a ton more power cause, lets see, im the driver. and any good driver would know if something adds or takes away from their car..not that you could tell. i guess thats why i dont need papers or dealers to tell me what i think. but would be cool to get a lighting bolt sticker that adds +10 dmg, i mean hp to the car..damned dungeons and dragons again.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #90
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
well when the day comes that stickers do indeed give extra power then umm no i still wont ask to see dyno test for the result cause i wouldnt really care come to think of it..its my opinion like i stated before that the mod gave it a ton more power cause, lets see, im the driver. and any good driver would know if something adds or takes away from their car..not that you could tell. i guess thats why i dont need papers or dealers to tell me what i think. but would be cool to get a lighting bolt sticker that adds +10 dmg, i mean hp to the car..damned dungeons and dragons again.
"added a ton of power" is not an opinion.... you are stating it as a fact. For all you know it could have been a change in the weather that made the improvement in your car... A change in the weather can be the difference between a 6.0 second 0-60 run and a 5.6 second 0-60 run....

Unless you measure things you have no way of knowing if some thing actually improves or not...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #91
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,566
Woah woah woah.

Guys - is it really worth getting worked up over?

Mohrg - Scrming was just trying to point out that there's no dyno results to support your claims (yet ) in case a casual viewer happened across this thread and took everything they read as fact. Its nothing against you personally. A lot of air intake companies claim +20 horspower because they take the highest power gain at any point in the curve, when at the peak its really only +3 or even a loss of power. Now, power under the curve is still good, but those ads can be a bit misleading.

Scrming - You're right. But is being right worth continuing an argument and marring an otherwise outstanding thread?




I'm not a mod, but can we please just keep things civil?
- X
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #92
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS
 
transfrmn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: eastern, nc
Posts: 231
yo guys stop fighting before a mod rolls up in here and slaps you both, just take it that scrming is a quantitative guy and mohrg beast is a qualitative guy. Besides its safe to assume take the addition of a CAI is going to add something maybe not a TON but its a crappy product if it doesn't add some HP to the car lol
transfrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #93
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Woah woah woah.

Guys - is it really worth getting worked up over?

Mohrg - Scrming was just trying to point out that there's no dyno results to support your claims (yet ) in case a casual viewer happened across this thread and took everything they read as fact. Its nothing against you personally. A lot of air intake companies claim +20 horspower because they take the highest power gain at any point in the curve, when at the peak its really only +3 or even a loss of power. Now, power under the curve is still good, but those ads can be a bit misleading.

Scrming - You're right. But is being right worth continuing an argument and marring an otherwise outstanding thread?




I'm not a mod, but can we please just keep things civil?
- X
Actually i'm being incredibly civil considering I was called a jerk...

Are we so Politically Correct in this place that I can't ask for some one to prove their claims? So people can post what ever they want and we have to accept it as the truth because we are not allowed to question them?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #94
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by transfrmn View Post
yo guys stop fighting before a mod rolls up in here and slaps you both, just take it that scrming is a quantitative guy and mohrg beast is a qualitative guy. Besides its safe to assume take the addition of a CAI is going to add something maybe not a TON but its a crappy product if it doesn't add some HP to the car lol
There are in fact a lot of CRAPPY products out there... a lot of them do not add anything... like turbonators and throttle body spacers... LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #95
PieNsky

 
PieNsky's Avatar
 
Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisville,KY
Posts: 1,897
Jerk: To move in a sudden or quick motion.
Jerk: A rude person.
IDK, maybe, just maybe he was complimenting you.
I doubt it though.
I did Martial arts for years and when the Internet came along, it changed how I viewed MA. People were talking about live training in the modern vs traditional arts training. Practicing moves against a resisting partner is called live training. This really was the only way to see what really works. It got a lot of people mad and several met up and fought each other. I was one of those who got mad by how the live training proponents would talk on the net. They would put down the traditional arts. I now believe what they were saying was true after training with it, how they were saying it was what people were pissed.
The same is with the dyno or the track. It is live training. It is what is real and not perceived.
For what it is worth. I have seen a lot of traditional guys get their butts kicked by guys who did the live training. There is a saying in the martial arts, Use what works. Live training proves what works. The dyno and track proves what works.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #96
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Actually i'm being incredibly civil considering I was called a jerk...

Are we so Politically Correct in this place that I can't ask for some one to prove their claims? So people can post what ever they want and we have to accept it as the truth because we are not allowed to question them?
I understand. Like I said - I completly agree with your point of view.

But sometimes one just has to be the bigger man, you know?

Ok - with that I'm done getting involved. We're all adults here. I was just trying to put things from an outside perspective. Mohrg feels like his mod gave him a good boost, and is happy with it. There's no numerical data to prove that. Personally, I agree with using numerical data to back up what you feel is happening with a mod. But I look at it like this: When a cop spots you speeding, he must first see you speeding, then use the radar gun to get comfirmation. Either one alone isn't as concrete. With mods I feel the same way - dyno graphs are great for substantiating what you feel, but in the end its the seat of the pants improvements that make your car more fun to drive.
- X
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #97
PieNsky

 
PieNsky's Avatar
 
Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisville,KY
Posts: 1,897
I was surprised at how many thought their Camaros were faster after an oil change. Co-workers who thought that their trucks got better mpg with their tail gate down ( it gets worse as it creates drag). And, I was shocked when someone bought magnets to align the fuel molecules going into the engine to get better mpg.
With that said, Mhorg was giving a seat of the pants evaluation. Take it for what it is worth. It was his opinion and everyone has one.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #98
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo
 
TIE FIGHTR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 624
I just read all these bickering posts thinking that someone might have answered my question inbetween all the posturing...but no.

So I'll ask again. I really would appreciate some input from enthusiasts who have actually added the factory exhaust upgrade kit (GM#92206990) and the air box (GM#92212304) to their V6 before I add $1500 to my order. Does it truly make that much of a power difference to be of value?

and Beast, Thank You for your opinion and feedback on your air box add on.

"Can't we all just get along?" ~ Rodney King
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #99
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
I just read all these bickering posts thinking that someone might have answered my question inbetween all the posturing...but no.

So I'll ask again. I really would appreciate some input from enthusiasts who have actually added the factory exhaust upgrade kit (GM#92206990) and the air box (GM#92212304) to their V6 before I add $1500 to my order. Does it truly make that much of a power difference to be of value?

and Beast, Thank You for your opinion and feedback on your air box add on.

"Can't we all just get along?" ~ Rodney King
Axle backs have shown minimal gain... cat backs a bit more... guessing the restriction is mainly in the cats and possibly heads... In my opinion you do the exhaust for looks and sound improvement...

I don't think the GM air box is shipping yet... for some reason I don't think it is... so hard to judge that one... HOWEVER I will say that all of these kits reuse the stock MAF/IAT sensor which seems to really suffer from heat soak! Best bang for you buck right now is to spend about $30 or less and add a stand alone IAT sensor...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #100
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo
 
TIE FIGHTR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 624
Thanks!

I may just wait then and get an aftermarket set up, including the temp sensor, locally..may run a little bit more but, worth it?
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #101
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
guys come on..you have no clue whats going on here..every single thing i post on this forum about performance he immediately post afterwards..hes quick to post comments about how someone is always lying, and said i didnt post an opinion but a fact???im the car driver, i clearly stated that the company said it gave a +20 hp gain..then i clearly put "i dont know about that but it does add a ton more power." which if you want to pick it apart could seem like a fact but to a casual reader when i put the words "i dont know about that" before its supposed to add to the fact that I DONT KNOW. and im not a vendor so everything i say on here should be assumed to be opinion unless i do actually post dyno sheets about it..look at all the other people on this thread even vendors that claim extra power and he doesnt so much as bat an eye..

it has nothing to do with what i posted, its clearly a personal attack against me..now when i try to defend myself you guys act like i turned this thread into an argument and im not being civil..i have been posting sites and performance upgrades for the V6 on this very thread that Milk started since i signed up on camaro5. and you can check every post ive ever posted, i never talk crap and i do nothing but respect and try to help others..then check his posts and he pretty much puts people down if they express any opinions other than his own..

i guess winning an award for his car makes him GOD of the Fifth Gens..whatever i just wont post on this thread anymore just like all the other threads that he gets on..im trying like hell to enjoy this forum and help others..thats the entire reason i have joined is to help others enjoy their car and get what they want out of it as much as i have my own..well and to show off my car too. but for some reason one person on this entire forum just cant seem to mind his own buisness.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #102
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,515
enough of the bickoring, that is not what this thread is for. If you have nothing to contribute, please stay out.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Laws ChevyNut Off-topic Discussions 102 06-06-2011 11:34 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM
Fesler-Moss Camaro Announced swchopper 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 72 05-07-2009 10:40 AM
Camaro Accessories from SEMA FenwickHockey65 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1 11-03-2008 03:25 PM
Q&A with fbodfather (Scott Settlemire) regarding upcoming Camaro JustinZS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 22 05-20-2008 08:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.