Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycamaroisred View Post
How much for the color shift2.0 headlights?? Pm me with info plzz thanks
PM just sent!
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Old 10-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #17
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
So, since I have non-rs headlights, these would be perfect. However, Would these Halo's have to be wired to the parking lamps? If so, wouldn't that mean that the Halo's would blink with the turn signals, and hasn't that been an issue wearing the halo's out just like in the Eagle Eye headlights. Also, how can we get two halo colors to work? How would we be able to switch from each color via the drivers seat (or how would the stock headlight switch work)?

We need more people to post up picutures on how they look with just the halo's on, then both the halos and headlights on, etc.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #18
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
So, since I have non-rs headlights, these would be perfect. However, Would these Halo's have to be wired to the parking lamps? If so, wouldn't that mean that the Halo's would blink with the turn signals, and hasn't that been an issue wearing the halo's out just like in the Eagle Eye headlights. Also, how can we get two halo colors to work? How would we be able to switch from each color via the drivers seat (or how would the stock headlight switch work)?

We need more people to post up picutures on how they look with just the halo's on, then both the halos and headlights on, etc.
You can wire the halos to your parking lights and they will not blink with your turn signals; you just tap into the parking light wire and not the turn signal wire.

If you wanted to you can wire the halos to a switch or remote if you do not want them to be wired into your parking lights. When getting power from a switch or remote you can leave the halos on at shows and your halos won't "time out" when your parking lights go off.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #19
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
You can wire the halos to your parking lights and they will not blink with your turn signals; you just tap into the parking light wire and not the turn signal wire.

If you wanted to you can wire the halos to a switch or remote if you do not want them to be wired into your parking lights. When getting power from a switch or remote you can leave the halos on at shows and your halos won't "time out" when your parking lights go off.
Excellent, thanks Jonathan. I may have to either wire the halos to the parking lamps (that's the first setting on the headlight switch correct-aka the one that turns on the sidemarkers as well???) or just get a remote like your talking about. I would LOVE to be able to control it via remote at car shows. That's my style right there.

With your $499 headlights, I know must pay extra for Dual color halos. I want blue and white. However, what else do I need to buy to be able to switch between colors (the colorshift?), and how do you switch between colors?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #20
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

If you want the dual color halos you can choose our Dual Channel Multifunction Remote and it will allow you to control both colors (breathe, strobe, light intensity).

Old 10-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #21
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

I just wanted to show everyone what kind of deal forum members are getting on the pre-assembled lights: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...eadlights.aspx

You can SAVE $74.40 by ordering through me when you are ready!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #22
TCAT

Thanks Jonathan. I'll have to look into these. This is interesting. So, if I do decide to go with two halo colors on these Non-RS headlights, all I need to do is buy the remote for $59 to be able to control the dual halo function and their is no need for the colorshift mechanism that you have, correct?
Old 10-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #23
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Thanks Jonathan. I'll have to look into these. This is interesting. So, if I do decide to go with two halo colors on these Non-RS headlights, all I need to do is buy the remote for $59 to be able to control the dual halo function and their is no need for the colorshift mechanism that you have, correct?
The dual channel multifunction remote is a little more than the single multifunction: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...ontroller.aspx

If you are only interested in having two colors than this is all you need!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
TCAT

Sweet stuff! Thanks again Jonathan. This looks like a great idea. Sorry for another question, but.....if I get the housing painted flat black (as it's an option on your website from the link you provided), the output of the light won't be affected will it since we are still dealing with halogen, will it? I know the chrome instead of the headlight housing reflects the light, so is it that the part that's painted flat black (therefore making light less effective)?
Old 10-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #25
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Sweet stuff! Thanks again Jonathan. This looks like a great idea. Sorry for another question, but.....if I get the housing painted flat black (as it's an option on your website from the link you provided), the output of the light won't be affected will it since we are still dealing with halogen, will it? I know the chrome instead of the headlight housing reflects the light, so is it that the part that's painted flat black (therefore making light less effective)?
The painting option on the site is a mistake; if you paint the scatter shield then your light output would be drastically reduced.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #26
TCAT

Okay, that's what I though. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #27
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Okay, that's what I though. Thanks.
You got it!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #28
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
is it 499 for the pair or per light? and all you do is pull your old ones out and put the new ones in and hook it up to the existing wires that are there no cutting splicing correct?

sorry for the questions i am just not mechanically inclined
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote