Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
icedogg
 
Drives: 1985 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 5
2010 SS (Dealer Manager Car) - Worth It?

Evening,

I've been in the market for my first "new" car this year. Finally decided on a Camaro. I'm not a car guy or anything, more of a computer guy. Was recommended to camaro5 for research from the Camaro subreddit on reddit.

A few days ago I took a test drive on a 2010 Camaro 1SS from a nearby dealer. It only has 37,000 miles. Comes with the RS package (later found out that they swapped aluminum wheels for chrome?). Only other non-stock options were the guy put a cold air intake on and some blue interior lights.

After talking with the salesmen, turns out it was the general manager's company car. They're asking $23,980 for it. I'm going back tomorrow to potentially close if it checks out OK at our local mechanic.

Salesmen was trying to sell it pretty hard over the phone, kinda admitted that tomorrow is month end and I assume he has some quotas left or is looking for an incentive.

Think this would be a good deal? Anything I should look out for? I live in Michigan, so I'll be getting snow tires eventually for the winter. They have Pirelli P Zero tires on it believe, appear to have seen better days tread wise.

Thanks!
icedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
45thCamaro

 
45thCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,483
Hopefully someone else will chime in but I think the price is a bit high.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
BluePhoenix

 
BluePhoenix's Avatar
 
Drives: Pontiac Vibe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 1,290
Price is about a $1000 to $2000 too high. What are the exact specs of the car? Color, interior, etc. That helps determine the true value of a specific car.
__________________


BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #4
KingSmono
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 14
I think the price is a bit high to be honest. I picked up my 2011 2SS / RS with 14,000 miles and Certified Pre Owned for $26,803. Also, the wheels were pretty curb rashed, and I told the sales manager that was one of my hesitations about buying the car... so they threw in a brand new set of 2014 SS wheels and tires.

I got kind of lucky there... they had another customer who just bought a 2014 SS and he wanted the dealership to put on a set of wheels / tires that he had on his trade-in Camaro. So they took off the factory wheels and tires and put his aftermarket set on. When I voiced concerns about the curb rashed wheels on the Camaro I was looking to buy, they offered to give me the brand new set that they had sitting there, and that sealed the deal for me.

It also had aftermarket CAI, and Flowmasters exhaust which sound oh so good...

All I'm saying I think you should negotiate them down, or hold out for a bit better deal.
KingSmono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
icedogg
 
Drives: 1985 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 5
http://www.shaheenlansing.com/Vehicl...-MI/2259872363

To be more precise. Imperial Blue Metallic, white stripe, cloth interior. Has some very minor paint blemishes, maybe a few at best. Little blemishes around the door handle. Only very minor physical issues I could find while at the test drive.

I found a couple other 2010 SS for around $22k-$23k at some other dealerships, but they're around 47,000 miles.
icedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #6
icedogg
 
Drives: 1985 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSmono View Post
I think the price is a bit high to be honest. I picked up my 2011 2SS / RS with 14,000 miles and Certified Pre Owned for $26,803. Also, the wheels were pretty curb rashed, and I told the sales manager that was one of my hesitations about buying the car... so they threw in a brand new set of 2014 SS wheels and tires.

I got kind of lucky there... they had another customer who just bought a 2014 SS and he wanted the dealership to put on a set of wheels / tires that he had on his trade-in Camaro. So they took off the factory wheels and tires and put his aftermarket set on. When I voiced concerns about the curb rashed wheels on the Camaro I was looking to buy, they offered to give me the brand new set that they had sitting there, and that sealed the deal for me.

It also had aftermarket CAI, and Flowmasters exhaust which sound oh so good...

All I'm saying I think you should negotiate them down, or hold out for a bit better deal.
I'll be negotiating them down for sure, if I'm not comfortable with their price I will walk for sure. Just wanted to get a feel if it was in the realm of a fair deal or a bit high. The wheels are a point I'll make, since they were obviously swapped for a cheaper chrome set. Should be able to knock the price down a bit for that, or get some new wheels like you said, maybe even snow tires. That sounds like a very nice deal you got there btw.
icedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
BluePhoenix

 
BluePhoenix's Avatar
 
Drives: Pontiac Vibe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 1,290
Believe it or not, I'm going to say it's worth it for the car because of the color. I'd probably see if you could get the price down a little. But it's an ok deal.
__________________


BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
Mwalterhouse

 
Mwalterhouse's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedogg View Post
Evening,

I've been in the market for my first "new" car this year. Finally decided on a Camaro. I'm not a car guy or anything, more of a computer guy. Was recommended to camaro5 for research from the Camaro subreddit on reddit.

A few days ago I took a test drive on a 2010 Camaro 1SS from a nearby dealer. It only has 37,000 miles. Comes with the RS package (later found out that they swapped aluminum wheels for chrome?). Only other non-stock options were the guy put a cold air intake on and some blue interior lights.

After talking with the salesmen, turns out it was the general manager's company car. They're asking $23,980 for it. I'm going back tomorrow to potentially close if it checks out OK at our local mechanic.

Salesmen was trying to sell it pretty hard over the phone, kinda admitted that tomorrow is month end and I assume he has some quotas left or is looking for an incentive.

Think this would be a good deal? Anything I should look out for? I live in Michigan, so I'll be getting snow tires eventually for the winter. They have Pirelli P Zero tires on it believe, appear to have seen better days tread wise.

Thanks!
Besides the price being to high I would be questioning the salesmans comment that it was the General Managers company car. Dealers do not drive their Demos for 4 years and / or 37,000 miles!
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #9
icedogg
 
Drives: 1985 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwalterhouse View Post
Besides the price being to high I would be questioning the salesmans comment that it was the General Managers company car. Dealers do not drive their Demos for 4 years and / or 37,000 miles!
From what I took I assume it was his "company" car. They said he "traded" it in for a new 2014 model. Doubt they bought it back since it was company owned though, so hard to tell what their profit is.
icedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #10
KingSmono
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedogg View Post
I'll be negotiating them down for sure, if I'm not comfortable with their price I will walk for sure. Just wanted to get a feel if it was in the realm of a fair deal or a bit high. The wheels are a point I'll make, since they were obviously swapped for a cheaper chrome set. Should be able to knock the price down a bit for that, or get some new wheels like you said, maybe even snow tires. That sounds like a very nice deal you got there btw.
That is a good looking car. And thank you! I felt pretty good about the deal. Silver would not have been my first choice, but it was not a deal breaker for me - and it has really grown on me. That IBM is niiice though.
KingSmono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #11
mowbr4
 
Drives: 2006 STI
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 61
I think it's a pretty good deal IMO. I started a thread similar to this one and made my purchase yesterday on a 2010 IOM 2SS/RS with 26k miles. However, it was a certified pre-owned and went for $23,800. People seemed to think I got a great deal and I don't see your deal as THAT much different.

I think it's decent.

Just my .02
mowbr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #12
icedogg
 
Drives: 1985 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 5
Just a quick update, pulled the trigger on it yesterday. Got them down to $22k on the vehicle itself, out the door was a bit higher. They tossed in a few extras contingent on the deal (original cold air intake & some others). Overall I'm very pleased with the car, thanks for your input guys
icedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #13
BluePhoenix

 
BluePhoenix's Avatar
 
Drives: Pontiac Vibe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 1,290
Good deal, congrats!
__________________


BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:24 AM   #14
i2disturbedSS
 
i2disturbedSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Great Falls MT
Posts: 623
I think it's a fair deal.
Try to get some new tires or get the price down-

Edit: oops didn't read to the end - congrats!
__________________
369rwhp/392rwtq



-PoorMansCamaro
i2disturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #15
mowbr4
 
Drives: 2006 STI
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 61
I believe you got a great deal.

Congrats!
mowbr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #16
LStick
 
LStick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Blue Ray
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Streetsboro Ohio
Posts: 576
Dealership chain around the corner from me has been sitting on an '11 1SS forever (over a year) at $27k.

You got a great deal.

http://greatlakeshyundai1.reachlocal...-OH/2231588903
__________________
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.