Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Middle East The Near East

Old 09-08-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
M-SS

Drives: Camaro SS 2010
تصفير البريمبو

السلام عليكم كيف احوالكم ان شاءالله تمام ياشباب عندي صوت بفرامل مثل تصفير لما اوقوف شوي شوي بس لما اوقف بقوة ما في صوت شوفت في منتديات و خبروني الشباب انه بريمبو عادي في صوت بورش موستانج تشارجر سالفة عادية !!! لكن انا صراحة ما اقدر استحمل صوت في سيارتي عموما روحت وكيل عندنا في مسقط غيرو سفايف بس بعدو صوت روحت مرة بس بعدو صوت تعبت صراحة فكرت ابيع كامارو بس ما اقدر اريد حل يا شباب ؟؟؟؟؟؟؟ فضيحة تسوق كامارو وتوقف عند شباب ولا بنات كلك كشخة واخر شي تيييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييي

My brakes are squealing like shit i am tired of it now ,i went to the dealer n they replaced the brake pads but still the stupid noise is there , they make noise when coming to a complete stop like signal and when parking , and i think its the front brakes.

Need your help and advice pls

M-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
M-SS, where are you located exactly? Have you spoken with our Customer Assistance team at all to try and see what we can do to help you? I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your brakes. Hopefully I can assist you with this.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:15 AM   #3
Anwro
Red 2SS

Drives: Camaros
Most of us had the same issue here in Kuwait , and our dealer as always sayes that its from hard braking and from bad usage of the brakes , in another word , its your responsiablity , althought i saw a thread about GM official solution with the fix of the anoying sound that comes with the brembos ,

thats why am not buying from our local dealer no more
Old 09-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
M-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
M-SS, where are you located exactly? Have you spoken with our Customer Assistance team at all to try and see what we can do to help you? I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your brakes. Hopefully I can assist you with this.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Mr.Jeff thank you for your concern , I have seen you around Here , you have helped lot of camaro owners I salute you for that and I hope you will be able to help me too

I am from OMAN exactly from The capital of OMAN MUSCAT and we have only one chevy dealer here Called OTE ,

Dealer replaced my pads both front an rear and noise started ! After few days I went back to the dealer and told them about the brake noise also told them about GM's TSB and they said they know about it ,, then next day they called and said your brake issue is fixed and with no charge , i took the car and drove it for about 30 min the noise started again :( I called the service guy he said they didn't replace the pads , they just cleaned the rotors and the brake kit !!! And I noticed I don't have the roller Skate pads !!! This Saturday I have an appointment with the dealer again .

Mr.Jeff I hope you find me a solution because I am really tired of the noise and I really don't want sell my camaro it's an awesome car .

Thank you

Old 09-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
M-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwro View Post
Most of us had the same issue here in Kuwait , and our dealer as always sayes that its from hard braking and from bad usage of the brakes , in another word , its your responsiablity , althought i saw a thread about GM official solution with the fix of the anoying sound that comes with the brembos ,

thats why am not buying from our local dealer no more
Sorry to hear that bro, hope you find a solution .

Old 09-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Thats a manufacturing defect man so welcome to the club !!

Buy DBA rotors and Hawk pads. I will be installing them next week at Prescion Tune in Wadi Kabir.

OTE are not Camaro doctors !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:56 AM   #7
M-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Thats a manufacturing defect man so welcome to the club !!

Buy DBA rotors and Hawk pads. I will be installing them next week at Prescion Tune in Wadi Kabir.

OTE are not Camaro doctors !!

Such a beautiful car and manufacturing defect that's sad man , however am happy to see a fellow citizen in this forum .

I have the hawk pads , i brought them from amazon.com , i didn't put them on i was waiting for the dealer for a fix , but now i think i will buy DBA rotors .can you help me find a good deal for these DBA rotors ?

Old 09-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SS View Post
Such a beautiful car and manufacturing defect that's sad man , however am happy to see a fellow citizen in this forum .

I have the hawk pads , i brought them from amazon.com , i didn't put them on i was waiting for the dealer for a fix , but now i think i will buy DBA rotors .can you help me find a good deal for these DBA rotors ?
I bought the DBA 4000 rotors + Hawk HPS + Goodridge brake lines from xplosive performance.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137765

They offer good prices and they ship to Oman.

Camaro is a batman car, so it is not likely to see many members in day light .
Old 09-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
M-SS

Thanks bro , I already have the hwak ceramic pads with me , I got them from amazon.com not the hawk pads that you got ! What you think about the ceramic pads ! Will they work with the DBA rotors ?

Old 10-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #10
M-SS

Guys guys , good news my camaro’s brake noise is gone yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :happy anim:: happyanim::happya nim::h appyanim:

Thanks to C5 members , I changedout my brake pads and rotors to hawk ceramic pads and some aftermarket slotted rotors and pure silence ,

Stock pads and rotors suck big time , hawk ceramic pads n slotted rotors rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Old 10-30-2011, 05:47 AM   #11
Brutal SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SS View Post
Guys guys , good news my camaro’s brake noise is gone yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :happy anim:: happyanim::happya nim::h appyanim:

Thanks to C5 members , I changedout my brake pads and rotors to hawk ceramic pads and some aftermarket slotted rotors and pure silence ,

Stock pads and rotors suck big time , hawk ceramic pads n slotted rotors rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
So this was not covered by your warranty? I have the same issue, which is why I'm asking. Thanks!
Brutal SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 AM   #12
M-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
So this was not covered by your warranty? I have the same issue, which is why I'm asking. Thanks!
I got tired going to the dealer almost every two days, they didnt do shit , so i decided to consulate C5 members and buy some good pads and rotors .