Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,040
Did anyone else hear about a driving school at B.J.'s auction

I swear I heard a comment from the auction-guy (sorry - I'm not familiar with the proper name; I'm not an auction-type...) about a high-performance driving school in NV for this car?... Does that mean the auction included that event for the buyer, or, I wonder, if that's going to be an option for all ZL1 buyers...

If a high-performance driving school is part of the ZL1 purchase, standard or option, would anyone be interested? If you're interested, how much would you think is reasonable to spend?

I know I'd like to go, but I'm not sure if I'd pay to go. There are many things I know I could learn, however, I have plans for any money that would go toward that. JMVHO.

What say yous guys?
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
actireman
 
Drives: 2011 denali hd2500
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: clarkston, mi
Posts: 187
Yes,I heard it. They may do it with the ZL1. They do it with the ZR1 and will also do it with the new COPO Camaro.
actireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
Yes,I heard it. They may do it with the ZL1. They do it with the ZR1 and will also do it with the new COPO Camaro.
Did I miss an official announcement? That's why I was surprised. I don't recall anything from GM...
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
fiascoes1
SoCalRaceTeam new-b!
 
fiascoes1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1/WHITE/BLACK STRIPE
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: norwalk ca
Posts: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I swear I heard a comment from the auction-guy (sorry - I'm not familiar with the proper name; I'm not an auction-type...) about a high-performance driving school in NV for this car?... Does that mean the auction included that event for the buyer, or, I wonder, if that's going to be an option for all ZL1 buyers...

If a high-performance driving school is part of the ZL1 purchase, standard or option, would anyone be interested? If you're interested, how much would you think is reasonable to spend?

I know I'd like to go, but I'm not sure if I'd pay to go. There are many things I know I could learn, however, I have plans for any money that would go toward that. JMVHO.

What say yous guys?
Yes it was a lesson from Ron Fellows, I think 300-400 would be reasonable. I doubt Rick Hendrick needs that lesson though.
fiascoes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
LOWDOWN's Avatar
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,010
It was announced as a "warmer-upper" comment during a break in the bidding. My interpretation was, it was a one-time this-deal offer. From Fellows.

But, hey, a hell of a good idea! Just like the ZR1 buyers get, at Spring Mountain or Mosport.
__________________
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
GoldenBear
Bear Backer
 
GoldenBear's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Did I miss an official announcement? That's why I was surprised. I don't recall anything from GM...
The way I interpreted what was said during the auction was that the winning bidder of the CFM ZL1 gets two days at the driving school at Spring Mountain included as part of the package for having the winning bid.

I don't believe the Spring Mountain driving school is an option that will be included for all of those who purchase ZL1s. Of course, one can purchase two days at the Spring Mountain driving school on one's own if one so desires.
__________________
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascoes1 View Post
Yes it was a lesson from Ron Fellows, I think 300-400 would be reasonable. I doubt Rick Hendrick needs that lesson though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
It was announced as a "warmer-upper" comment during a break in the bidding. My interpretation was, it was a one-time this-deal offer. From Fellows.

But, hey, a hell of a good idea! Just like the ZR1 buyers get, at Spring Mountain or Mosport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
The way I interpreted what was said during the auction was that the winning bidder of the CFM ZL1 gets two days at the driving school at Spring Mountain included as part of the package for having the winning bid.

I don't believe the Spring Mountain driving school is an option that will be included for all of those who purchase ZL1s. Of course, one can purchase two days at the Spring Mountain driving school on one's own if one so desires.
OK - thanks guys I was kinda' thinking along those lines, but the thought of how cool that would be got me pretty excited. For a few hundred bucks I'd certainly be interested in going, but much more would bite too much into my budget
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,086
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
OK - thanks guys I was kinda' thinking along those lines, but the thought of how cool that would be got me pretty excited. For a few hundred bucks I'd certainly be interested in going, but much more would bite too much into my budget
The winning bidder gets a two day driving school from Ron Fellows. For those of us who did not win the bid, we get a 30 second school on how we thought we were bad ass drivers until the pros from Ron Fellows School showed us how much we really DID NOT know.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm already concerned about keeping the price down on this car.....pretty please don't inflate it with a mandatory driving school purchase. :(

Let me do that later, on my own.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #10
htron50


 
htron50's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SC
Posts: 2,462
Talking

The way I interpreted the comment as it was made was this:

The commentator was talking about the ZR1 driving experience at the auction. In the sentence immediately after discussing the ZR1, he mentioned there is a driving school for all ZL1 buyers. My take was he meant to say ZR1because it was a ZR1 we were all watching the girls ride in. It seemed to me to be a mistake simply because the ZL1 was on his mind even though he had just been discussing ZR1. DunnO????? Although it does make sense to have a ZL1 drive school option.
__________________
2012 CAMARO-ZL1
Sincere Thanks to City Chevrolet, Charlotte, NC http://www.citychevrolet.com/blog/ca...et-camaro-zl1/
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
The way I interpreted the comment as it was made was this:

The commentator was talking about the ZR1 driving experience at the auction. In the sentence immediately after discussing the ZR1, he mentioned there is a driving school for all ZL1 buyers. My take was he meant to say ZR1because it was a ZR1 we were all watching the girls ride in. It seemed to me to be a mistake simply because the ZL1 was on his mind even though he had just been discussing ZR1. DunnO????? Although it does make sense to have a ZL1 drive school option.
It wouldn't be the first time this has happened...nor the last.

iirc, MotorTrend's article about the 580hp announcement called it the "ZR1" in the middle of the article, after naming it correctly numerous times above...they corrected it, but it happens!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,086
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
The way I interpreted the comment as it was made was this:

The commentator was talking about the ZR1 driving experience at the auction. In the sentence immediately after discussing the ZR1, he mentioned there is a driving school for all ZL1 buyers. My take was he meant to say ZR1because it was a ZR1 we were all watching the girls ride in. It seemed to me to be a mistake simply because the ZL1 was on his mind even though he had just been discussing ZR1. DunnO????? Although it does make sense to have a ZL1 drive school option.
The winner of the auction, Rick Hendrick gets the driving school free, OK $250,000. Everybody else has to pay for their own driving school.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
htron50


 
htron50's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SC
Posts: 2,462
My wife thinks she has to attend before driving it LOL
__________________
2012 CAMARO-ZL1
Sincere Thanks to City Chevrolet, Charlotte, NC http://www.citychevrolet.com/blog/ca...et-camaro-zl1/
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
My wife thinks she has to attend before driving it LOL
Were you guys going M6 or A6? With all the suspension and transmission modes, I hope she realizes it's not like driving a 500 horse' musclecar from years ago. Traction and Stability control are going to make ZL1 driveable any day (except the obvious snow-type weather). If she's into performance driving, I know that I'd want a little more tutoring

I agree with Dragon', too. If there is any such school, please make it optional. I need all the $$$ I can get to go toward the car and SPEED!!!
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
LOWDOWN's Avatar
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,010
Listen to the video...@ 4:20, they announced the driving school inclusion...which sounds like a "one-time" "this-deal-only" inclusion.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173570
__________________
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10 seconds of "clicks" after 3 mins 30 seconds of driving shiftz33 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 57 01-16-2012 06:36 AM
Get YOUR Driving On Track! Texas World Speedway, March 27 & 28 Apexer USA - Texas 4 04-03-2010 02:38 PM
Ontario (Canada) Highway Traffic Act.. read so you dont lose your car sigma_1966 Canada 10 08-11-2009 05:51 PM
Performance Driving School blevina USA - Texas 7 08-10-2009 03:47 PM
Chevy "Hot Sheet" 3/5/09 Rallyman6 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 17 03-06-2009 06:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.