Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #183
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahoonap View Post
So i official found out that there is going to be a very limited amount of ZL1's!!!! not lying, not a rumor. This is from GM itself. There's only one dealership in the state of Virginia that will get a ZL1, only one! for the whole entire year of 2012!!! Sorry to bust everyones bubble, but there's not going to be many made!! Sorry, spread the word!


Source?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #184
GoldenBear
Bear Backer
 
GoldenBear's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahoonap View Post
So i official found out that there is going to be a very limited amount of ZL1's!!!! not lying, not a rumor. This is from GM itself. There's only one dealership in the state of Virginia that will get a ZL1, only one! for the whole entire year of 2012!!! Sorry to bust everyones bubble, but there's not going to be many made!! Sorry, spread the word!
Rumors such as this without a specific source are meaningless. The ZL1 is not a limited edition vehicle.

The official statement regarding ZL1 production from Camaro Marketing Manager, John Fitz is that Chevrolet "will do everything to match the market demand" for the ZL1.

That doesn't mean that initial production availability may not be somewhat limited to due production line ramp up and supplier parts availability issues. However, after the initial production issues are resolved, ZL1s should be available to all who want one who have a little diligence and patience.
__________________
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #185
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahoonap View Post
So i official found out that there is going to be a very limited amount of ZL1's!!!! not lying, not a rumor. This is from GM itself. There's only one dealership in the state of Virginia that will get a ZL1, only one! for the whole entire year of 2012!!! Sorry to bust everyones bubble, but there's not going to be many made!! Sorry, spread the word!
So let's see some proof that you are speaking the truth.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #186
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,057
How long does anyone expect '12s to be produced - honestly? I'm going bonkers over these "the sky is falling!!!"-type posts. If they start hitting the streets, in January, say, and shut the plant down in May (or whatever) for the '13 model year start, OF COURSE there's going to be a limited amount produced!... wait for it... FOR 2012!!! OMG. GM's already said they are not going to limit production. They're going to produce as many as there is demand. If they're only going to have, say, 5 months of production, of course not all dealers are going to get one, if any.

I give up. I'll just start deleting posts, lol.
__________________
05 Hummer H2 SUV on OEM Air Ride
Forged 11.1:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam and valvetrain/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/e'fan conversion/aluminum radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners by me/LED exterior lighting/Pioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #187
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
How long does anyone expect '12s to be produced - honestly? I'm going bonkers over these "the sky is falling!!!"-type posts. If they start hitting the streets, in January, say, and shut the plant down in May (or whatever) for the '13 model year start, OF COURSE there's going to be a limited amount produced!... wait for it... FOR 2012!!! OMG. GM's already said they are not going to limit production. They're going to produce as many as there is demand. If they're only going to have, say, 5 months of production, of course not all dealers are going to get one, if any.

I give up. I'll just start deleting posts, lol.
I guess at the very least then I may have to wait maybe up to another year to get mine if only exclusive dealers get the first go of them. In reality, I thought as much seeing how I deal with a small town dealer that probably only sells 4 or 5 vettes in a year if their lucky. I'm first on their list ,but it doesn't mean I'm anywhere close to the top of GM's list. I guess time will tell.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #188
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
How long does anyone expect '12s to be produced - honestly? I'm going bonkers over these "the sky is falling!!!"-type posts. If they start hitting the streets, in January, say, and shut the plant down in May (or whatever) for the '13 model year start, OF COURSE there's going to be a limited amount produced!... wait for it... FOR 2012!!! OMG. GM's already said they are not going to limit production. They're going to produce as many as there is demand. If they're only going to have, say, 5 months of production, of course not all dealers are going to get one, if any.

I give up. I'll just start deleting posts, lol.
Wait... Wut? Its not falling.....


ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #189
Z4me

 
Z4me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,952
Gotta love camaro5.com , sometimes I just log in here to get a chuckle or two and see whats happening so far in the world of my future car. BTW
the sky is not falling here atm, but we had one heck of an earthquake a
couple of months ago. Plus not to long ago with all those storms we had a
couple of weeks ago, the animals were lining up to my back deck in pairs.
They must of thought it looked like an arc or something, but their gone now, just a false alarm.
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36987&dateline=1334886195 border=0 alt= />
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #190
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING
 
1BADZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Out Somewhere Driving My 'BADZL1'
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
How long does anyone expect '12s to be produced - honestly? I'm going bonkers over these "the sky is falling!!!"-type posts. If they start hitting the streets, in January, say, and shut the plant down in May (or whatever) for the '13 model year start, OF COURSE there's going to be a limited amount produced!... wait for it... FOR 2012!!! OMG. GM's already said they are not going to limit production. They're going to produce as many as there is demand. If they're only going to have, say, 5 months of production, of course not all dealers are going to get one, if any.

I give up. I'll just start deleting posts, lol.
I think the reality is your on the money. Some my have to wait for a '13 year model but what would be so wrong in that either?
I agree just making statements like this without any kind of source just dumps fuel on the fire that was already starting to smoulder.
ok, where is the BS flag. Oh, there it is..LOL
__________________
2012 Camaro ZL1 Car Name: Bruce
ZL1, LSA, MN6/MG9, DSX, RTQ, VR,
Current Status:
2030
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #191
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING
 
1BADZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Out Somewhere Driving My 'BADZL1'
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Wait... Wut? Its not falling.....


__________________
2012 Camaro ZL1 Car Name: Bruce
ZL1, LSA, MN6/MG9, DSX, RTQ, VR,
Current Status:
2030
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #192
KKreme15

 
KKreme15's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dayton, MD
Posts: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
Gotta love camaro5.com , sometimes I just log in here to get a chuckle or two and see whats happening so far in the world of my future car. BTW
the sky is not falling here atm, but we had one heck of an earthquake a
couple of months ago. Plus not to long ago with all those storms we had a
couple of weeks ago, the animals were lining up to my back deck in pairs.
They must of thought it looked like an arc or something, but their gone now, just a false alarm.
What dealership's list are you on?
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #193
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,057
I'm affraid many of you may have to wait until the middle to this time next year, but ZL1 is coming and GM isn't limiting production. Until they announce it, everything else is pointless. On the whole, members here are more knowledgable than you get from most dealers. We have dealers, here, though, that really set the bar high, so maybe I'm getting spoiled.
__________________
05 Hummer H2 SUV on OEM Air Ride
Forged 11.1:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam and valvetrain/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/e'fan conversion/aluminum radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners by me/LED exterior lighting/Pioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #194
Cahoonap
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss 465hp
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chesapeake, va
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
Rumors such as this without a specific source are meaningless. The ZL1 is not a limited edition vehicle.

The official statement regarding ZL1 production from Camaro Marketing Manager, John Fitz is that Chevrolet "will do everything to match the market demand" for the ZL1.

That doesn't mean that initial production availability may not be somewhat limited to due production line ramp up and supplier parts availability issues. However, after the initial production issues are resolved, ZL1s should be available to all who want one who have a little diligence and patience.
most parts true. I dont like rumors, i like cold hard facts. If i stated the source of my information and it ended up being true, than my chances of getting that one ZL1 at that dealership just went down. I've talked to a manager that works in GM for 16 years, he was assuring that from what he heard the ZL1's were going to be hard to get, every other big dealerships in the states will get one, maybe two in a year if there lucky. He also said that he was sure there will be a limited edition FIRST.
Cahoonap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #195
Cahoonap
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss 465hp
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chesapeake, va
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'm affraid many of you may have to wait until the middle to this time next year, but ZL1 is coming and GM isn't limiting production. Until they announce it, everything else is pointless. On the whole, members here are more knowledgable than you get from most dealers. We have dealers, here, though, that really set the bar high, so maybe I'm getting spoiled.
than how come a friend that works in GM and a manager than works in GM for 16 years that have many connections to the production and sells of the car tell me this! they both said the same thing. It is going to be limited. I dont like it ether but this is coming from GM
Cahoonap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #196
spen5151
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 VR/ECF/Sunroof-Trad
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahoonap View Post
than how come a friend that works in GM and a manager than works in GM for 16 years that have many connections to the production and sells of the car tell me this! they both said the same thing. It is going to be limited. I dont like it ether but this is coming from GM
Your friend from GM may want to be careful as they would lose their job for telling you any information like this. I do not see how someone would release information like this and risk being let go from their company...
spen5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM Order Status Event Codes trm0002 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 545 06-30-2012 12:49 PM
Did you get an order # or any refernce for your pre-order? D1BADZ Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 21 05-22-2009 05:39 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 12:31 AM
FAQ's Angrybird 12 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1 10-14-2008 03:51 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.