Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #323
GoldenBear
Bear Backer
 
GoldenBear's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY68RS View Post
rdowty, there are almost 5k chevy dealers across the us...
Please don't give up. Call around..
Actually, I believe there are slightly over 3,000 Chevrolet dealerships in the United States. General Motors as a whole has just over 5,000 total dealerships in the U.S.
__________________
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #324
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING
 
1BADZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Out Somewhere Driving My 'BADZL1'
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
Actually, I believe there are slightly over 3,000 Chevrolet dealerships in the United States. General Motors as a whole has just over 5,000 total dealerships in the U.S.


yes, for chevy i think it was around 3800 or something...Wrote it down somewhere...but
less than 4,000 but more than ONE and less than 5000 no doubt.
Not my main focal point in my reply...
Main point was that he call around and not give up as there are going to be many people checking in with several dealerships before this is all over with I would imagine.
__________________
2012 Camaro ZL1 Car Name: Bruce
ZL1, LSA, MN6/MG9, DSX, RTQ, VR,
Current Status:
2030
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #325
JosephMcTyre1205
 
JosephMcTyre1205's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: fairbaks Alaska
Posts: 80
just got off the phone with my dad who owns a chevy dealership and he told me that he has been in talk with main gm hq and has been put on the list of dealerships recieving the zl1 in east texas. he was also given a number of zl1's that will be avaliable for his dealership to order and have sent to his lot. he also sent me the email from him and the direct gm hq.
JosephMcTyre1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #326
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Corvette, 2012 ZL1, 2015 Z51
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,502
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephMcTyre1205 View Post
just got off the phone with my dad who owns a chevy dealership and he told me that he has been in talk with main gm hq and has been put on the list of dealerships recieving the zl1 in east texas. he was also given a number of zl1's that will be avaliable for his dealership to order and have sent to his lot. he also sent me the email from him and the direct gm hq.
What did your dad say about available options for the ZL1?
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #327
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
What is a benefit/loss is im definitly getting one for sure according to this legal document signed/notorized... question is if this car is too high im out on my deposit ): no big deal though
Drake Heminger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #328
Shurenuff

 
Shurenuff's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
What is a benefit/loss is im definitly getting one for sure according to this legal document signed/notorized... question is if this car is too high im out on my deposit ): no big deal though
Your deposit is not refundable? The $4000 one you mentioned previously? Yeeesshhh.
__________________
Factory Badassery
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #329
FreshPrince
 
FreshPrince's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 30
Send a message via ICQ to FreshPrince Send a message via Skype™ to FreshPrince
When the price will be announced?
FreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #330
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC
 
2012ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 1,701
NOV 3
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #331
GoldenBear
Bear Backer
 
GoldenBear's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince View Post
When the price will be announced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
NOV 3
Pricing will be announced in mid November, not on November 3rd.

Thursday, November 3, 2011, is that date that ZL1 ordering information will be available in Order Workbench’s traditional Order Configurator.
__________________
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #332
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
taking a non-educated guess id say it wouldnt be refundable after i put the order in... but then again i never signed a document stating it wasnt refundable (;
Drake Heminger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #333
tmandoug1
Deep Sea
 
tmandoug1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.
Posts: 969
This is the response I recieved today after inquiring about the ZL1.


Thank you for the email. I appreciate the kind words from Berto. I just received word today that our dealership is to attend a webinar next week October 24th through the 29th regarding the ZL1 that will give us ordering information and to calculate our allotment. Until then, I have no concrete information onthe ZL1, however, once I attend this webinar, I will know what we have coming and what is or isnt on constraint when we order.

Sales Manager for Maroone Chevrolet in WPB, Fl.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #334
D Day Dog
 
D Day Dog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
taking a non-educated guess id say it wouldnt be refundable after i put the order in... but then again i never signed a document stating it wasnt refundable (;

Then it is refundable.
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #335
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
This is the response I recieved today after inquiring about the ZL1.


Thank you for the email. I appreciate the kind words from Berto. I just received word today that our dealership is to attend a webinar next week October 24th through the 29th regarding the ZL1 that will give us ordering information and to calculate our allotment. Until then, I have no concrete information onthe ZL1, however, once I attend this webinar, I will know what we have coming and what is or isnt on constraint when we order.

Sales Manager for Maroone Chevrolet in WPB, Fl.
....

This right here holds true for EVERY SINGLE DEALER in the country. Anyone telling you any different is totally full of...

No one knows how much, when or how many yet.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #336
Shurenuff

 
Shurenuff's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,048
So it's a full week webinar, really? Seems like a lot of time dedicated to this. My assumption is that it's a complete overview of the car, in addition to allocation and ordering information, to help educate dealers that are in the dark like mine is.

Does that mean they might not know their allocations on the 24th?
__________________
Factory Badassery
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM Order Status Event Codes trm0002 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 545 06-30-2012 12:49 PM
Did you get an order # or any refernce for your pre-order? D1BADZ Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 21 05-22-2009 05:39 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 12:31 AM
FAQ's Angrybird 12 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1 10-14-2008 03:51 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.