Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nightowl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Old 09-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
SgtKilroy
I'm new...

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS
Manual trans questions

Ok guys, these questions will show my complete ignorance of transmissions so please bear with me.
Here's the setup, my wife is short and she has a problem being able to completely depress the clutch. She is able to do it, but she has to slide the seat so far forward, I'm afraid if she gets in an accident the airbag will do something irreversible.
My ultimate goal would be to shorten the "slack" in the clutch pedal to maybe 3" of travel without changing the pedal travel after that. Then move the pedal back towards the driver's seat. I'd also like to put a short throw shifter with a gate on it. While I'm at it, anyone know how to make a shift skip eliminator?
Is there a way to accomplish this? (And keep the warranty? The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act offers some protection.)
I appreciate the help guys.

2005 CCSB Duramax 4x4
Efi Live, built trans, ADII 165, home made intercooler pipes, intake and traction bars, and some other little mods.

SoCal Diesel Trucks
SgtKilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
If you do find an easy way to bring the clutch closer please pm me incase i dont look here again, but no i have no idea. Sounds hard with hydralic clutches. As for the skip shift eliminator i know they are easy to find. Why would you want to make one?
Parag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
SgtKilroy
I'm new...

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS
I'm just one of those people that likes to make my own parts if it's reasonable. I'm planning to build my own catch can next weekend actually. I could use some welder time anyhow. It's been a while since I've made something.

2005 CCSB Duramax 4x4
Efi Live, built trans, ADII 165, home made intercooler pipes, intake and traction bars, and some other little mods.

SoCal Diesel Trucks
SgtKilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
You can get the skip shift eliminator for $10-$20. There are some threads out there about this part and install. You may be able to get some ideas from the pics that were posted.

I'm only 5' and drive barefoot for the most part. I don't have a problem depressing the clutch and I'm not that close to the wheel that I'd worry about any injuries from the air bag.

This is not meant to be an insult, it's a legitimate question: is your wife sitting closer to try and see over/more of the hood? I'm asking because the passenger side front of the car is completely blind (for me) and she may be worried about that and trying to see the whole hood. This will probably sound stupid to those not vertically challenged: I just put 1" lowering springs on the car. For some reason, I feel like I have a better feel/depth for that corner. You may want to look into this for her - and you'll like it too.