Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

USA - Florida The Sunshine State

Old 09-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Drives: Red Camaro 2SS
God Bless America!!!

God Bless America!!!!

We will never forget those that have fallen on 9/11/01 or The Many Brave Soldiers Who Fight to keep our Freedom Free....

Thank You.....

Last edited by RedDragonSS; 09-11-2011 at 01:37 AM.
RedDragonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #2
Black11SS

Drives: 2011 Black SS
Black11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:05 AM   #3
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
THANK - YOU for posting this up.

And yes

GOD BLESS AMERICA

:flag1:
Old 09-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
superchris
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO'S 3CC5

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
GOD BLESS !!
superchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
The Blue Angel
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Ten years ago today I was onboard the USS Spruance DD-963!! Our homeport was Mayport, FL!! We were getting ready to get underway!! We were going to do some training excercises down in the Caribbean. Then a port visit in St. Johns in the Virgin Islands!! I was down below decks when I heard someone yell, "A plane just hit the World Trade Center." So a bunch of us ran to the Mess deck to turn on the TV. When the TV came on we saw the huge fireball from the second plane impact. We just stood there in shock and horror. The seconds later over the ships 1MC was the General Quarters alarm!! Since we were getting underway they also instucted us to go to our underway positions. The ones not at underway go to Battle stations!! So I headed up the bridge fast as possible. The port bridgewing was my underway station!! As I am out there I see two commercial aircraft circling north of the Naval base about 5-7 miles away. I alerted the Officer of the Deck about the planes. My order was to keep an eye on them. If one headed our way I was to notify him!! Wow!! A very bad thought went through my head that we could have to take a plane out even with innocent people onboard. It was the worst feeling I ever had!! So as we were waiting for the other ships as they were underway. I continued to watch those planes. After awhile they headed to Jacksonville International Airport where they landed. Then another shipmate had word the Pentagon was hit!! So now we knew we were being under attack. Finally it was our turn to get underway. As we steamed out to the Atlantic we knew the when we would return things were not going to be the same again!! At the time I was mess cranking so the whole underway I was below decks working with the Mess cooks. A month later we returned home to a changed America!!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Nice. Glad to see others care. This morning i again put my flag out on my home. Half of course. Kissed my wife and told her i loved her. I sent a little thank you message to all 3 of my nephews who are currently serving and one to my brother who is retired USMC. My wife an i got ready to go to the Bucs - Lions game today. Yeah, that's right i was spending my day in a crowded NFL stadium. No terrorist will ever scare me or my family away from being Americans.

The game had really nice tributes to the fallen and it was great to see tens of thousands of my friends and Tampa neighbors chanting USA. USA.

On our way home turning into my gated subdivision. I felt sad though. I look around at all our nice homes with perfect lawns and nice cars in the driveways and wonder. WHY IN GODS NAME IS MY HOUSE THE ONLY DAMN ONE WITH AN AMERICAN FLAG UP.

This just made me sick.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #7
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Drives: Red Camaro 2SS
We Should Always Care about our great Nation...
9/11 Victims Lost but never forgotten....
RedDragonSS is offline   Reply With Quote