Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
BBK LT Headers

Ok so I went and ordered the BBK LT's w h/flow cats. I already have the MRT V2 axle back exhaust so I'm looking at also getting the BBK 2.5" crossover pipes - does anyone else have this setup and if so what do you think of it ?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
No crossovers, but we have BBK + MRT V2 in the sticky thread. Here is the direct vid link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...36&postcount=1
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
No crossovers, but we have BBK + MRT V2 in the sticky thread. Here is the direct vid link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...36&postcount=1
Thanks, sounds great!

I am torn between using a set of V8 pipes or buying the BBK ones. From what I am reading it seems that if you buy an X-pipe for the V6 then it should be a resonated one, I'm guessing with the V8 pipes that the "H" pipe is resonated ?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Not sure about the V8s...have never heard of a resonated H pipe.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
I'm not sure, but I thought the V8's had x-pipes stock. You may want to check in with Rod1. I think he has the setup you're looking at with a different header manufacturer(v8 catback to MRT's).
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPaul View Post
Ok so I went and ordered the BBK LT's w h/flow cats. I already have the MRT V2 axle back exhaust so I'm looking at also getting the BBK 2.5" crossover pipes - does anyone else have this setup and if so what do you think of it ?
I bet it gonna be loud. Be sure to post some vids. I can't wait to hear this.

My brother has an L99 SS with the stock exhaust. I know he doesn't know off hand whether or not it has an H-pipe or an X-pipe though. It wouldn't surprise me if they were resonated because the stock V8's are pretty shut up.

Try calling your local dealer and asking the service manager or someone in the parts dept.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
KMPrenger

Pretty sure SS has an H-pipe as well.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Probably going to go the V8 route for now as I have a friend who has his stock piping sitting in the garage - I can always add an X-pipe for a lot less cost too.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Pretty sure SS has an H-pipe as well.
Sure does. I bought the mid pipes off an SS owner and it looks the exact same as ours, just slightly larger.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
I believe L99 exhaust on the left, LS3 on the right. L99 exhaust is a mess, I think that huge can is just for the AFM.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
spyderbuddy

Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
The LS3 look like the LLT V6 exhaust. So what will work on the LS3 will work on the LLT?

Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body, Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #12
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

ok, so if I install the SS piping - they should guide up to my BBK headers ok but do I need to mod anything to connect to my MRT V2 axle back?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
I believe the difference between the SS and V6 is that the V6 goes down from 2.5" to 2.25" at some point (I think behind the H-Pipe), while the V8 stays at 2.5" the entire length to the mufflers. I'm not the expert though, I think this is what has been told before on these forums.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
BSR-1

Drives: 14,2LT,RS,MT,Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I believe the difference between the SS and V6 is that the V6 goes down from 2.5" to 2.25" at some point (I think behind the H-Pipe), while the V8 stays at 2.5" the entire length to the mufflers. I'm not the expert though, I think this is what has been told before on these forums.
+1
Old 09-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #15
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Yes. I swapped by V6 mid pipes for the LS3 SS mid pipes.