Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 09-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
New turbo videos

Got a new video of what my new pt6765 sounds like:
http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/40/3wq.mp4/
http://youtu.be/v2BVdQwu6bY

I'll have another daytime video soon! Anybody else with new videos post here as well.

More videos from track cornering:
Sharper corner: http://youtu.be/qpLo0uAKCAU
Wider corner: http://youtu.be/zThKhlxx8Zo
Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT

Last edited by Pt_killa; 11-05-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
That is pretty impressive how quickly you got above 80 MPH errrr I mean the speed limit ahem. What does twin scroll mean?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Please embed the video. At work and image shack is blocked
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Pt_killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
That is pretty impressive how quickly you got above 80 MPH errrr I mean the speed limit ahem. What does twin scroll mean?
Thanks but I'm not driving of course! lol at least the driver took this video late with very little public around.
In theory, twin scrolls are designed to give quick spool characteristics without sacrificing top end power. twin scroll turbos use a divided turbine housing with two exhaust turbines to allow air to flow to a smaller turbine and larger turbine. The smaller turbine creates quick spool at lower rpms and then as rpms increase the larger turbine will keep the air flowing. I think thats how they work. I know for sure they work best with a quick spool valve or divided exhaust manifold.

IF anyone knows how to embed videos from imageshack please let me know!
Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Old 09-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Bad a$$. How much did it cost you?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS
Love the sound of the BOV. sounds like a dog barking lol
puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #7
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
your single or twin turbo?

i remember he sent me the excel chart and it was around 3.5-4K in parts plus installation and stuff
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Thanks but I'm not driving of course! lol at least the driver took this video late with very little public around.
In theory, twin scrolls are designed to give quick spool characteristics without sacrificing top end power. twin scroll turbos use a divided turbine housing with two exhaust turbines to allow air to flow to a smaller turbine and larger turbine. The smaller turbine creates quick spool at lower rpms and then as rpms increase the larger turbine will keep the air flowing. I think thats how they work. I know for sure they work best with a quick spool valve or divided exhaust manifold.

IF anyone knows how to embed videos from imageshack please let me know!
Gracious.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
Pt_killa

Quote:
your single or twin turbo?

i remember he sent me the excel chart and it was around 3.5-4K in parts plus installation and stuff
Quote:
Bad a$$. How much did it cost you?
Thanks, I have a single right now. I would've have given up on the twins if I had all of the knowledge that I have now but I'm happy with my single. It cost about 3600 for all parts and tune and I installed myself so no cost there. However I spent about another $1k from trouble shooting and trail and error from my inexperience. Thats why I put together that list so there would be less trail and error for others.

Quote:
Love the sound of the BOV. sounds like a dog barking lol
Lol thanks, but unfortunately thats not the BOV, I've got some compressor surge because my BOV is so small. The DSM valve sounds more like a high pitch sneeze. In the car when I let off you hear the bov sneeze and then the laugh/bark/turkey gobble sound right after which is very loud outside the car. My old turbo really sounded like someone was laughing so when I pull pass someone in a race, I would let off momentarily right as I pass to make it sound like my car is laughing at them lol. Im kinda mean and childish at the same time lol
Old 09-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Thanks, I have a single right now. I would've have given up on the twins if I had all of the knowledge that I have now but I'm happy with my single. It cost about 3600 for all parts and tune and I installed myself so no cost there. However I spent about another $1k from trouble shooting and trail and error from my inexperience. Thats why I put together that list so there would be less trail and error for others.

Lol thanks, but unfortunately thats not the BOV, I've got some compressor surge because my BOV is so small. The DSM valve sounds more like a high pitch sneeze. In the car when I let off you hear the bov sneeze and then the laugh/bark/turkey gobble sound right after which is very loud outside the car. My old turbo really sounded like someone was laughing so when I pull pass someone in a race, I would let off momentarily right as I pass to make it sound like my car is laughing at them lol. Im kinda mean and childish at the same time lol

I thought the turbo kit was 5000$+?
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
Pt_killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjarzabek009 View Post
I thought the turbo kit was 5000$+?
The $5000+ remote kit is for the STS kit. My remote kit cost $3600 because that was the total price for buying each part individually and piecing it together.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
very cool. whats the rwhp?
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #13
Pt_killa

No dyno yet, will have it dynoed soon after I add a few more things. I know stock my car made 244hp and 230tq on a dj 224x. I will be taking it to the same shop so I'll be able to post dyno results with stock and turboed on the same chart.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #14
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
The $5000+ remote kit is for the STS kit. My remote kit cost $3600 because that was the total price for buying each part individually and piecing it together.
Can I buy the parts and take it to the shop to have it installed or is the sts more cost efficient?
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #15
Pt_killa

You can do that but I would say if you have the $5000+ to buy a turbo kit, buy it. Any issues with any of the parts would be handled by sts or rx or whoever you buy from. Building yourself you'll have to deal with each manufacturer individually if a problem arises. The only reason why I didn't buy one of the professionally made kits was because I did not have that large sum of money to drop at once. By building the kit myself, I was able to spread out the cost over a couple of months (every pay period I bought about $300 worth of parts on average). I also thought it would be a great learning experience. Now every other car I see, I look to see if I can fit a turbo in it lol! However, if any of the companies had financing options I would've just financed a kit.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #16
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
You can do that but I would say if you have the $5000+ to buy a turbo kit, buy it. Any issues with any of the parts would be handled by sts or rx or whoever you buy from. Building yourself you'll have to deal with each manufacturer individually if a problem arises. The only reason why I didn't buy one of the professionally made kits was because I did not have that large sum of money to drop at once. By building the kit myself, I was able to spread out the cost over a couple of months (every pay period I bought about $300 worth of parts on average). I also thought it would be a great learning experience. Now every other car I see, I look to see if I can fit a turbo in it lol! However, if any of the companies had financing options I would've just financed a kit.
I'm in the same position now, deciding if I want to buy part by part or find some financing options
Old 09-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #17
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
It would be nice if somebody can offer a very low interest turbo financing. Its very hard for anybody these days in this economy to just drop 7-8 grand for a turbo kit unless you just have $$$ to throw. If I had the option to throw 7-8 grand, I think I would choose another route. Maybe a trade in. I could just put a whole build on my credit card but paying the interest back on that would be scary.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #18
Pt_killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
It would be nice if somebody can offer a very low interest turbo financing. Its very hard for anybody these days in this economy to just drop 7-8 grand for a turbo kit unless you just have $$$ to throw. If I had the option to throw 7-8 grand, I think I would choose another route. Maybe a trade in. I could just put a whole build on my credit card but paying the interest back on that would be scary.
Totally agree. If there was low interest financing I wouldn't mind paying an extra 2-300 a month for 1-2 years for a turbo kit with a warranty during that period. As long as the total monthly payments plus insurance is less than buying an SS and the value of losing chevy's warranty, why not. Of course, we could always just save up those hypothetical payments and buy a kit with cash two years later but by that time that money saved could be a down payment for the 2014 alpha platform camaro!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #19
Pt_killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
I'm in the same position now, deciding if I want to buy part by part or find some financing options
Piecing together part by part is a lot of fun and a great learning experience if you've never done it before. And when your finished, you'll know every part of the system, and you can be proud of your own custom creation. Most people ask where I bought my turbo kit from and when I say that I built it from scratch in my driveway they hardly believe me. When they finally do believe me they ask if I can build a kit for them! Just makes the whole experience feel even better lol.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #20
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Quote:
Piecing together part by part is a lot of fun and a great learning experience if you've never done it before. And when your finished, you'll know every part of the system, and you can be proud of your own custom creation. Most people ask where I bought my turbo kit from and when I say that I built it from scratch in my driveway they hardly believe me. When they finally do believe me they ask if I can build a kit for them! Just makes the whole experience feel even better lol.
I know, when a started piecing parts together for my few mods, I did it myself just to get the feeling.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #21
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

Drives: 2010 L99
+ 1 on the financing... I would by a turbo or some kinda FI if folks would finance..
mgoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:55 AM   #22
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Old 09-23-2011, 12:56 AM   #23
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: '13 WRX STi
That turbo sounds frckn awesome!!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #24
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
whats your 0-60 like?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #25
Pt_killa

In early October, I will try to update dyno, 1/4 mile, and 0-60 when my remaining mods are installed and properly tuned. When I am able to build boost without spinning and leaving the line, the 0-60 is in mid-low 4's or barely breaking into to the 3's. Thats why I will be installing a mod that will allow me to do this easier!

Last edited by Pt_killa; 09-23-2011 at 09:14 AM.