Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #57
Squintz Palladoris
 
Squintz Palladoris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com View Post
What rate rear coils are installed if they are Pedders Coilovers?
What different rate springs do you offer for the XA's?
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #58
Info@PeddersUSA.com

 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
not 100% sure on that, i need to check with Pete
but i want to verify what he's running.
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #59
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com View Post
pardon me if this has been said already,

What do you have done to the rear suspension?
What rate rear coils are installed if they are Pedders Coilovers?
Do you have the Pedders rear bolt kit installed?
pedders xa coilovers, not aware of different coils on them, diff bushings,trl arms,, whatever comes with the pedders race package ...is on car ..alignment kits.. as for the other car , i do not believe that is jamie,s, but his sits similar...and tranny is a6 with fully stock drivetrain and susp,other then dshaft and converter...running 10.19
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #60
Squintz Palladoris
 
Squintz Palladoris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
pedders xa coilovers, not aware of different coils on them, diff bushings,trl arms,, whatever comes with the pedders race package ...is on car ..alignment kits.. as for the other car , i do not believe that is jamie,s, but his sits similar...and tranny is a6 with fully stock drivetrain and susp,other then dshaft and converter...running 10.19
I just wanted to show you the difference in the gap between the tire and rear fender when the car is launching vs sitting still. Its really not squatting as much as it seems. Also unless he has a trans-brake in the car, you are shocking the tires alot harder.

I just picked up a set of the rear camber bolts for my car too allow more adjustment and get to 0 camber at ride height (mine is sitting about the same stance yours is in your sig pic. I am building my own lower control arms and will probably not be done with them untill next weekend so I hav'nt installed the camber bolts yet. The control arms themselves are adjustable too

Not patronising at all here when I say this. The shock settings I used at the drag strip were 3 front and 20 rear. Front turned all the waycounter clockwise (Full Soft) and then clockwise 3 clicks. Rear is 20 clicks clockwise from full soft.
I only mention that because the adjustment dials have no numbers on them and I have seen others count full hard as zero and it has never been mentioned in this thread.
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #61
Squintz Palladoris
 
Squintz Palladoris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com View Post
not 100% sure on that, i need to check with Pete
but i want to verify what he's running.
Please update us when you find out. That way we know what other tools we have with these shocks other than ride height and damping.

I know that LPE is running your super car coilovers (Double adjustable) on their Black car with a drag specific spring. Will those springs work on the smaller diameter bodied XA shocks?

On the single adjustable version are we adjusting the compression or rebound of the shock?
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #62
Squintz Palladoris
 
Squintz Palladoris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 565
Find out anything yet?
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #63
Info@PeddersUSA.com

 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
8, 9, 10, 12kg are all springs that can be ordered for the rear
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #64
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
Please update us when you find out. That way we know what other tools we have with these shocks other than ride height and damping.

I know that LPE is running your super car coilovers (Double adjustable) on their Black car with a drag specific spring. Will those springs work on the smaller diameter bodied XA shocks?

On the single adjustable version are we adjusting the compression or rebound of the shock?
Not only is LPE running Pedders, they took off brand-x to break into the 8s The LPE Black Pig is running Supercar coilovers. We started with 10kg rear coils, went to 9kg and she squatted too hard and too fast. We moved to 12kg and that proved the the best combination.

Rear ride height is not that critical. rear camber setting are. The rear wheels should be at 0 camber or on the positive side. This squares the tires up to the track. bringing the front up maybe a touch higher than OE helps on launch. Keeping the front up and the rear down is key for the 1 /2 shift. That is where the independent bound and rebound of the Supercars come into play.

Keeping the IRS assembly steady with appropriate bushes become more important with every extra RW pony. A super strong rear sway bar helps to distribute load. Removing the front sway bar helps with transfer. An option would be to disconnect one endlink and carefully secure it is almost as effective. Lighter rate front coils are a plus as well.

Did I miss anything?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #65
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,649
I did miss something. All the optional rear coils mentioned are in stock as are all the Pedders 5th Gen products.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #66
Squintz Palladoris
 
Squintz Palladoris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Not only is LPE running Pedders, they took off brand-x to break into the 8s The LPE Black Pig is running Supercar coilovers. We started with 10kg rear coils, went to 9kg and she squatted too hard and too fast. We moved to 12kg and that proved the the best combination.

Rear ride height is not that critical. rear camber setting are. The rear wheels should be at 0 camber or on the positive side. This squares the tires up to the track. bringing the front up maybe a touch higher than OE helps on launch. Keeping the front up and the rear down is key for the 1 /2 shift. That is where the independent bound and rebound of the Supercars come into play.

Keeping the IRS assembly steady with appropriate bushes become more important with every extra RW pony. A super strong rear sway bar helps to distribute load. Removing the front sway bar helps with transfer. An option would be to disconnect one endlink and carefully secure it is almost as effective. Lighter rate front coils are a plus as well.

Did I miss anything?
I think you covered most of it . What rear spring comes with the XA's?

Do you offer a lighter rate coil for the front?

I assume we are adjusting the compression (Bound) on the Single Adjustable XA's. Would this be correct?

Thanks Pete!
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #67
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
I think you covered most of it . What rear spring comes with the XA's?

Do you offer a lighter rate coil for the front?

I assume we are adjusting the compression (Bound) on the Single Adjustable XA's. Would this be correct?

Thanks Pete!
8 front and 10 rear are in the box.


We stock the rears, because they are a special wind. In the front, for drag specific use a 4kg 200mm coil would be very good. I don't have any 4kg 62mm 200mm coilos on the shelf at the moment. I wonder why The 4kg front coil is abysmal on the street. They pound like there is no spring installed over the slightest bump, but they work on the strip.

The Xa is a fixed ratio adjustment. When you adjust to hard both the bound and rebound increase and with soft they both decrease. The fixed ratio allows anyone to be a 'suspension expert'. With independent bound and rebound you have to pay much closer attention to the adjustment.

If I got any of this wrong, blame info@PeddersUSA.com
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #68
Squintz Palladoris
 
Squintz Palladoris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
8 front and 10 rear are in the box.


We stock the rears, because they are a special wind. In the front, for drag specific use a 4kg 200mm coil would be very good. I don't have any 4kg 62mm 200mm coilos on the shelf at the moment. I wonder why The 4kg front coil is abysmal on the street. They pound like there is no spring installed over the slightest bump, but they work on the strip.

The Xa is a fixed ratio adjustment. When you adjust to hard both the bound and rebound increase and with soft they both decrease. The fixed ratio allows anyone to be a 'suspension expert'. With independent bound and rebound you have to pay much closer attention to the adjustment.

If I got any of this wrong, blame info@PeddersUSA.com
Thanks again Pete!

Will a 2.5" coil from another manufacturer fit on the front? Or are the springs proprietary for the front as well?

Will the same spring preload provide the same ride height with a different rate spring without changing the length of the shock body? Or will ride height have to be readjusted with the different spring rates?

Sorry for all the questions. You keep answering them and it makes me come up with more lol.

Brad
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #69
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
Thanks again Pete!

Will a 2.5" coil from another manufacturer fit on the front? Or are the springs proprietary for the front as well?

Will the same spring preload provide the same ride height with a different rate spring without changing the length of the shock body? Or will ride height have to be readjusted with the different spring rates?

Sorry for all the questions. You keep answering them and it makes me come up with more lol.

Brad
Yes, any 62mm ID 180mm tall coil will fit the front. When you get down into a 4kg coil the ride height will change. It is half the normal coil rate. The standard coil is 180 mm so a replacement coil should be the same, unless we really drop down in rate for drag specific use.

If you went from the standard 8kg coil to a 7kg or a 9 kg same length coil no height adjustment would be required. There would be a slight difference in ride height, but we would be splitting hairs.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #70
Squintz Palladoris
 
Squintz Palladoris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 565
Great info thanks Pete!
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 151 05-07-2015 05:52 PM
Pedders Xa Coilovers and Springs | In stock | Free Shipping | Best Prices JDP Motorsports Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 115 02-16-2015 08:42 PM
Remote Reservoir Seperate Bound and Rebound Adjustable 5th Gen Coilovers JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 144 12-07-2011 03:50 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.