Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

ZL1 Wheels/Tires Wheels and tires discussion for ZL1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club
 
shadow09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 904
Black SSX Wheels on ZL1

So if this is the standard wheel that is going to come on the ZL1..anyone planning on selling them? And buying some aftermarket wheels.

I'm sure there are plenty SS owners who'd buy them like me
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 2,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow09 View Post
I'm sure there are plenty SS owners who'd buy them like me
+1
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC
 
2012ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 1,701
I'll be ordering polished. But good idea on your part to think ahead.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club
 
shadow09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
I'll be ordering polished. But good idea on your part to think ahead.
Yeah I've been researching lots of aftermarket rims and I really like the ADV.1 5.0 wheels but they are pretty expensive and I definitely wouldn't be able to afford them for a while.

I really like the look of the black SSX wheels and would want to buy them from a ZL1 owner. Anyone already thinking they want to sell them if they are standard feel free to PM me even though we're still far away from production beginning
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
Not me - sorry. I might widen them an inch, but that'd be about it. They're about the most perfect OEM wheel I've seen on a CAMARO I've always wanted.

I'm sure there are going to be those that will be selling them though
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club
 
shadow09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Not me - sorry. I might widen them an inch, but that'd be about it. They're about the most perfect OEM wheel I've seen on a CAMARO I've always wanted.

I'm sure there are going to be those that will be selling them though
What size are they in there rear? I thought it was wide enough to fit a 305 in the rear which is what I would want to do if I was able to buy a set of the rims from someone.
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow09 View Post
What size are they in there rear? I thought it was wide enough to fit a 305 in the rear which is what I would want to do if I was able to buy a set of the rims from someone.
10" in the front a 11" in the rear. What - 285s and 305 tires. It's plenty wide enough. ZR-1s used to run 315s on 11" wheels back in the day, so 305s fit the 11"s no problem. I just want to look into some 315-335s; I'm pretty sure the most I can do without changing wheels is 325s, though, and that might be too close...
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
brandotron
I am the internets.
 
brandotron's Avatar
 
Drives: dangerously
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 12,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
10" in the front a 11" in the rear. What - 285s and 305 tires. It's plenty wide enough. ZR-1s used to run 315s on 11" wheels back in the day, so 305s fit the 11"s no problem. I just want to look into some 315-335s; I'm pretty sure the most I can do without changing wheels is 325s, though, and that might be too close...
That sounds like a mini tub for sure.

man, those polished ZL1 stockers sure are sweet.
__________________
brandotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club
 
shadow09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
10" in the front a 11" in the rear. What - 285s and 305 tires. It's plenty wide enough. ZR-1s used to run 315s on 11" wheels back in the day, so 305s fit the 11"s no problem. I just want to look into some 315-335s; I'm pretty sure the most I can do without changing wheels is 325s, though, and that might be too close...
Yeah I just thought on our cars the widest you can go is a 315 before you start getting rubbing issues and whatnot.
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
That sounds like a mini tub for sure.

man, those polished ZL1 stockers sure are sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow09 View Post
Yeah I just thought on our cars the widest you can go is a 315 before you start getting rubbing issues and whatnot.
I've seen people here on 315s and all the way up to 335s with no cutting. However, the one Member I'm thinking of with the 335s doesn't suggest driving on the street with them, and BOTH are running aftermarket wheels. Given the offset of these OEMs is as aggressive as can be, I imagine it's going to be hard to go much wider. In addition, if I change the rear, I should change the front so the traction bias isn't thrown off - I'm not totally sure about that, but it occures to me that could be an issue. I know I don't want to cut, bend, or bang, and these tires are expensive enough, so that's a relatively long-term goal for when I replace the tires
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member
 
KLR ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: #708 Summit White ZL1 Del. 5/17
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pearland Tx.
Posts: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow09 View Post
So if this is the standard wheel that is going to come on the ZL1..anyone planning on selling them? And buying some aftermarket wheels.

I'm sure there are plenty SS owners who'd buy them like me
No one knows for sure what is standard and what is an option. I would think that the polished wheels would be the standard and the black would be a lighter wheel like on the Z06 when you could order the titanium wheels, maybe I don't know we will just have to wait and see.
__________________
Sometimes dreams do come true. #708
KLR ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
91Z28350
 
Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Roanoke,TX
Posts: 660
I thought GM had stated that the black wheels will be the standard and the polished, the option.
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #13
nardox
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Rally Yellow(sold)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 277
The wheels are a little too wide for non-track use IMO.

However since they are forged aluminum wheels(according to GM) I'd probably just keep them if I get the ZL1, sure looks really awesome tho
nardox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #14
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club
 
shadow09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by nardox View Post
The wheels are a little too wide for non-track use IMO.

However since they are forged aluminum wheels(according to GM) I'd probably just keep them if I get the ZL1, sure looks really awesome tho
Yeah if I was able to get a set of these they would be on the car for daily driving and shows. I'd want a set of 18" rims and drag radials for track use.
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblack2010 View Post
No one knows for sure what is standard and what is an option. I would think that the polished wheels would be the standard and the black would be a lighter wheel like on the Z06 when you could order the titanium wheels, maybe I don't know we will just have to wait and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
I thought GM had stated that the black wheels will be the standard and the polished, the option.
Correct.

The 10-spoke wheels are standard.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #16
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club
 
shadow09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Correct.

The 10-spoke wheels are standard.
Sweet! I really hope I'll be lucky enough to buy them from a member who gets a ZL1
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #17
Gibroni
 
Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 619
These Havoc 7 wheels are as close to the ZL1 wheels as I've seen in the aftermarket if you're going after the look:
http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...els-chrome.htm
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #18
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club
 
shadow09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 904
Yeah those are similar but I still like the look of the SSX wheels much better and think they would look really awesome on my SS.
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #19
91Z28350
 
Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Roanoke,TX
Posts: 660
I like the concave of the rear wheel much more onthe Zl1.
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #20
hv92
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 547
I might be getting rid of the ZL1 rims and replacing them with Vossen one-piece concave 20s. How much would you offer for the ZL1 black wheels??
__________________
My name is Jake Huntsey. New YORK NEW YORK!
hv92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #21
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club
 
shadow09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by hv92 View Post
I might be getting rid of the ZL1 rims and replacing them with Vossen one-piece concave 20s. How much would you offer for the ZL1 black wheels??
I'm not sure at this point. I'd have to wait for them to come out and see around how much they're worth and whatnot.

Would you sell them with the tires or just rims?
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #22
hv92
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow09 View Post
I'm not sure at this point. I'd have to wait for them to come out and see around how much they're worth and whatnot.

Would you sell them with the tires or just rims?
I'm not sure. Maybe I would put the ZL1 tires on my Vossens. But I'm not sure yet.
__________________
My name is Jake Huntsey. New YORK NEW YORK!
hv92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #23
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 2,690
I want these wheels too but as Shadow09 said we need to see how much GM sells them for new. Then we can compare them to what the standard SS wheels are selling for and adjust the used price accordingly. I just checked the classifieds and they seem be going for about $150-200/wheels only.
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #24
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club
 
shadow09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I want these wheels too but as Shadow09 said we need to see how much GM sells them for new. Then we can compare them to what the standard SS wheels are selling for and adjust the used price accordingly. I just checked the classifieds and they seem be going for about $150-200/wheels only.
Yeah my guess would be between $800-1200 for just the wheels and probably another $800 for tires depending on how many miles they were driven on.

I'd say about $2000 for wheels and tires more or less depending on the seller.
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #25
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!
 
camaroitalia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,864
yeah those ssx wheels are sick! id love a set
__________________
camaroitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Request: Black w/ painted black wheels and White w/ painted black wheels damiiaaannn Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 5 09-12-2011 03:24 PM
2010/11 CAMARO 20-INCH FACTORY WHEELS POWDERCOATED BLACK FOR SALE Fesler Wheels / Tires 7 06-29-2011 06:52 AM
Black chrome vs. Powdercoated wheels sfgiantsfan9 Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 20 02-28-2011 11:33 PM
SLP 2010 Camaro ZL575 supercharged -- unique aero parts & "SS" on grill nUcLeArEnVoY Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 129 04-22-2010 02:59 PM
Transformer Edition Camaro Questions 2010bumblebeeSS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 17 04-21-2010 10:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.