Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
Cahoonap

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 465hp
Question 2010 camaro headers

American racing headers seems like the best ones out there but their to damn expensive! I'm looking for long tube headers, optional cats. 304 stainless steel. I'm trying to find ones that will give the same amount of output sound and performance! I just can't seem to find any thing that less than 1200 dollars. Help please!!
Cahoonap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Williasd

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
And they are Awesome!!! I can even PM you a good place in Norfolk to get them installed for a good price.
Williasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
We can set you up with a set of Stainless Works headers and high flow cats that will meet all of those requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
I got a 70HP increase RWHP after I added:

STAINLESS WORKS 1-7/8 HEADERS

BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK

CAI INTAKE

DYNO TUNE

All from Apex Motorsports (Apex Chase) with the exception of the tune of course.

Check it out (BTW... this is recorded on an iPhone so just think how it must sound in person!):
(oh ye, the tail lights are from Apex also )

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 09-17-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Juiced1
JUICED MOTORSPORTS

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
We carry ARH and a ton of other options as well. Check out our exhaust page and contact us for your Camaro5 discount. Maybe we can make them affordable for you!
Get more Power per Dollar!!!! We carry all the hot new products for your 5th gen! CAI, Roto-Fab, Solo, Corsa, MBRP, ARH, Stainless Works, MRT, SLP, Procharger, Whipple, BMR, Diablosport, Superchips, Street Scene, VFN Fiberglass and much more. Contact us for your Camaro5 discount today!
Call us at 224-63-JUICE - 224-400-5793
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
mst504

Drives: 2010 Orange SS L99 HPE Supercharged
Don't be fooled as far as performance, all the long tube headers make about the same power. Any slight dyno differences can be for a number of reasons. Also quality from any of the top brands is going to be about the same too.
ARH, Kooks, and Stainless Works were all on my list when I looked for headers, I ended up with Kooks.

I'm going to forward a PM I received.
mst504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
MacerSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Go BIG or go home, Go with Kooks 1 7/8 all the way to the tips. VA Speed has good prices. Just received mine.
MacerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
Josh@ARH

Drives: 2005 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahoonap View Post
American racing headers seems like the best ones out there but their to damn expensive! I'm looking for long tube headers, optional cats. 304 stainless steel. I'm trying to find ones that will give the same amount of output sound and performance! I just can't seem to find any thing that less than 1200 dollars. Help please!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
We carry ARH and a ton of other options as well. Check out our exhaust page and contact us for your Camaro5 discount. Maybe we can make them affordable for you!
Our short system that connects to the factory cat back may be affordable for you. Contact Juiced and see what they can do for you.
Josh@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
TSP headers are going to be the best bang for the buck if you are on a budget.

Specializing in LS performance and calibrations.
Remote tuning, In-house builds, and Parts. Custom Grind LS and VVT Camshaft packages.
Ryan@gogwatney.com Aaron@gogwatney.com www.Gwatneyperformance.com
Home of THE Fastest Stock Displacement Naturally Aspirated GEN 5! 10.45@133.55
Rhino79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
MarylandSpeed

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Generally headers of the same size will fall within about 5-7 HP of one another with the difference being in things that a premium header gives you like ported flanges, merge spikes, and merge collectors. ARH makes a good header. If you decide to look at another brand, give us a call..we sell many brands, and have helped a lot of people here. Threads like this are tough to make a decision on because honestly, most people are gonna recommend what they have on their car, or sell a lot of.

MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
If your on a budget a non-mechanical bolt on can save you alot on money.

I recommend either TSP or OBX....you just can't lose with them being half the cost.

If you want to spend the big bucks,go with any of the other name brands.

You won't be able to feel any difference in power while driving with any of them.The power is also barely noticable on the Dyno.

Even the imported ones would probably last as long as you own the car or the life expectancy of the car.... an average of 12 years.

Just my 2 cts....
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67motorcat View Post
You won't be able to feel any difference in power while driving with any of them.The power is also barely noticable on the Dyno.
If you don't feel or see a difference with long tube headers something is seriously wrong.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #12
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
If you don't feel or see a difference with long tube headers something is seriously wrong.

Of course you will feel a difference when adding headers.....

compared to exhaust logs..

I was indicating between "Brands" of headers
Old 09-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #13
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Just remember you get what you pay for.

I would recommend a good quality name brand such as ARH or Kooks. They will last longer then the car will and if you have any problems, they will warranty the headers.

By all means stay away from OBX. I had them on my 4th gen Z28. Royal pieces of crap. After two years had to have them replaced. Talk about a expansive lesson to learn which is why on this one I'm going with ARH to start with.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #14
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67motorcat View Post
Of course you will feel a difference when adding headers.....

compared to exhaust logs..

I was indicating between "Brands" of headers
I am tracking now. You definitely will not be able to feel a difference between the name brand headers. It is one of those situations where you can't make a bad decision.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #15
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
just some info, been doing a lot of research on dshaft failures and it has become evident with sc and mods the temps along dshaft{tunnel} can hit 500f...melting bonded shafts...so if buying headers, go with a coated header, it can lower your temps as much as 50%...
Old 09-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #16
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Presenting...ARH 1 7/8" long tube headers for your listening and viewing pleasure!
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #17
JWMotoring

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to JWMotoring
I'm a LG fan personally. You can't beat the torque of those super pros. Lifetime warranty too
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #18
Termin8r27

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS // 2007 Black Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMotoring View Post
I'm a LG fan personally. You can't beat the torque of those super pros. Lifetime warranty too
Hell yes!

Look at the torque mine made!
LG Headers & Modified LG Exhaust w/Moroso Spiral Flo's / CAI / Custom Tune / Debadged / DOD Delete / AAC Plasma DRL's & Harnesses / Painted Taillight bezels / V1 & Invisicord / Pfadt Springs / Custom Black Painted Lexani L15's
389rwhp & 411rwtq
Termin8r27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #19
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Have you seen our headers?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109873

There are a lot of vendors on here like JW, Ivan, Maryland Speed....that would be more than happy to get a set on the way to you.

If you have any tech questions I'm always happy to help!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #20
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Thumbs up OBX

Go with OBX. I'm glad I did. Don't listen to the haterz. Their 5th gen headers are amazing. Check out my install thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=obx
Old 09-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #21
GMteSSted

Drives: Pre-production Inferno Orange SS
Not very popular around here...but pleased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahoonap View Post
I just bought the Texas Speed headers without cats (also getting ready to install a Maggie S/C).
I took them to a local quality coating shop. They ceramic coated them, inside and out, the fit was perfect and they are made with the merge spikes. I installed them myself, using jack stands, took about 3 hours taking my time. I can immediately feel a difference. Its definitely a whole lot louder!!!! Yes, they are made overseas and many people don't like that. How long will they hold up? I don't know but they seem to be pretty good quality. Total costs for headers, no-cat pipes, coating headers & pipes, O2 extenders and shipping $762. For that price (half of the "name brands") yep, I'll chance it. Heck, if the welds break in few years or something else fails I can buy another set and still come out even. I didn't go with the most popular. I'm probably going to tick off a few sponsors and for that I apologize. But, my hat is off to TSP for selling a good product at a good price and not deceiving any one on what they've got.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #22
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
Go with OBX. I'm glad I did. Don't listen to the haterz. Their 5th gen headers are amazing. Check out my install thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=obx

I wasn't going to say anything but what I stated above...
But I must agree here.The OBX Headers and Hi-Flows I installed 2 weeks ago really are that nice.

They now have a one piece merge collector(not like some of the old pics here on Camaro5) and the welds are all tig through out.

There is a slight step on the bottom where the pipes meet the flange,but the exhaust port has a flat floor so it really does not matter much.

Flame if you want.....but I also have purchased Roto Fab,RX extreme,Corsa,ForgeLine,Hawk,DBA and all kinds of other "American stuff".

I also sent in my lifetime warranty Card for my OBX....they have been around for years and I don't forsee them going anywhere soon.

You can't beat them for $600 bucks with Hi-Flows.Probably the easiest set of headers I have ever installed.They fit PERFECT.

I remember back in the day beating the crap out of painted steel Blackjack Headers to get them to fit an Old Nova.
They lasted 6 years till I tore one off bottoming out on a speed bump.If they were not so rusted they probably would have lasted another 6..
Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #23
billjw

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
What about the borla headers? I ask because I am looking to do an upgrade like this myself.
billjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #24
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
I love my OBX! Very happy with the fitment and finish!
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #25
MarylandSpeed

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by billjw View Post
What about the borla headers? I ask because I am looking to do an upgrade like this myself.
The issue with Borla is you can't run cats. They have a one peice header that goes all the way to the catback. Most of our customers want catted systems.

MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american racing headers, camaro, headers, long tube, long tube headers